OT Tips For A Healthy Lifestyle

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Get an app!! I use the Lose It! app when I'm dieting. It lets you pick how much weight you want to lose and then sets a calorie amount for the day. You can enter in all the foods you eat and the workouts you do, which is super convenient. It always helped me because I never wanted to go over the limit I had set or I'd feel bad lol. It definitely helped me a lot!

Alright FBers! I have joined the Plexus Slim team, if you don't know what it's all about read below:
Products
Consider the following:

95% of all diets and weight loss programs fail.

8 out of 10 Americans over the age of 25 are overweight.

174 million Americans are overweight or obese.

The worldwide number is expected to double by 2030.

25.8 million children and adults in the United States
(8.3% of the population) have diabetes.

Source: Centers for Disease Control.

Finally there is a healthy solution to help you lose weight. The synergistic effect of Plexus Slim and Accelerator taken together can help you lose more weight faster than you ever thought possible. Experience quick re-sults and keep the weight off. People around the country are experiencing amazing results, and you can too!

- See more at: Plexus - Products

to learn more visit my website: kaylabrewer.myplexusproducts.com or PM me!!

All you need to do is drink the "pink drink" (the powder is put into water like a crystal light packet) and do a light work out 20-30 minutes a day, like walking and watch the pounds and inches come off!!!
Good luck with your new gig but 3 different threads (at least) is more than enough!

I have to agree with @quitthedrama, @U.E. Cheer I also don't know how appropriate it is to be posting this in threads for those who are under 18. I understand its just a powder in your eyes, but this is a weight loss drug of sorts. I don't know how comfortable I am with you promoting it to underage athletes.

Alright FBers! I have joined the Plexus Slim team, if you don't know what it's all about read below:
Products
Consider the following:

95% of all diets and weight loss programs fail.

8 out of 10 Americans over the age of 25 are overweight.

174 million Americans are overweight or obese.

The worldwide number is expected to double by 2030.

25.8 million children and adults in the United States
(8.3% of the population) have diabetes.

Source: Centers for Disease Control.

Finally there is a healthy solution to help you lose weight. The synergistic effect of Plexus Slim and Accelerator taken together can help you lose more weight faster than you ever thought possible. Experience quick re-sults and keep the weight off. People around the country are experiencing amazing results, and you can too!

- See more at: Plexus - Products

to learn more visit my website: kaylabrewer.myplexusproducts.com or PM me!!

All you need to do is drink the "pink drink" (the powder is put into water like a crystal light packet) and do a light work out 20-30 minutes a day, like walking and watch the pounds and inches come off!!!
While it's good to some extent that these products exist for those who need them, you may want to watch your target demographic. The boards have been known to tear a certain cheerlebrity to shreds for doing this sort of thing, and I would hate for that to happen to you. Hope this venture goes well for you!

Good luck with your new gig but 3 different threads (at least) is more than enough!
I have to agree with @quitthedrama, @U.E. Cheer I also don't know how appropriate it is to be posting this in threads for those who are under 18. I understand its just a powder in your eyes, but this is a weight loss drug of sorts. I don't know how comfortable I am with you promoting it to underage athletes.
While it's good to some extent that these products exist for those who need them, you may want to watch your target demographic. The boards have been known to tear a certain cheerlebrity to shreds for doing this sort of thing, and I would hate for that to happen to you. Hope this venture goes well for you!
Its deleted. Sorry to cause trouble

Ok so...What exactly does a healthy, well rounded diet look like? Obviously you're supposed to eat fruits and vegetables, but I know fruits can be sugary. I know you need protien too but people are always talking about how red meat isn't really that good for you and then dairy can be fatty...Then there's the whole carbs vs no carbs philosophy...

Diet trends have made it very very hard to figure out how to eat healthy as a normal person! Every time you think "yeah I've got this healthy, well rounded meal thing down" you find some other article or interview that contradicts what you're doing!

Sometimes you think you are hungry when, in fact, you are just thirsty.

From what I've seen, many sodas contain 73-77g of sugar.

Avoid bored eating. People often eat past the point of fullness because they are looking to the food for satisfaction, when they would rather do an enjoyable activity to achieve satisfaction (keep in mind that this is how addictions develop).

Say you're sitting in class or at work, and you've already given up on yourself and decided that as soon as you walk past the vending machine, you will buy something. But why decide now? Why not wait until you actually have to walk up to it before making a decision? That way, you haven't stressed over it and depleted your willpower. Keeping your fridge stocked at home helps to resist the temptation of the vending machine.

Ok so...What exactly does a healthy, well rounded diet look like? Obviously you're supposed to eat fruits and vegetables, but I know fruits can be sugary. I know you need protien too but people are always talking about how red meat isn't really that good for you and then dairy can be fatty...Then there's the whole carbs vs no carbs philosophy...

Diet trends have made it very very hard to figure out how to eat healthy as a normal person! Every time you think "yeah I've got this healthy, well rounded meal thing down" you find some other article or interview that contradicts what you're doing!
The sugar consumed from eating fresh fruit is more than good for you. Everyone's body is different,so listen to yours. If you notice that your body reacts badly or more positively to certain foods and liquids, alter your diet accordingly.

Everything is a balance! Diet trends tend to market themselves as gimmicks- cut carbs, no fruits, no dairy, etc.- when in reality, you need a variety of foods to get all the necessary nutrients you need and cutting out a food group is not going to be beneficial in the long run. So yes, some dairy products are fatty, but fat isn't inherently bad for you. There is fat in food likes eggs, nuts, avocado, and cheese that serves a physiological purpose. As for red meat, while eating it everyday isn't recommended, it is a great source of iron and other nutrients, so having a burger every so often is not a bad thing.

I think people (general) too often classify foods as "good" or "bad," when in reality, the best thing to focus on is fueling your body and giving it the nutrients you need. Most things (I won't say all!) are fine in moderation. Try to eat a few servings of fruits and veggies each day, get protein in your diet, and try your best to avoid empty calories (soda, a lot of processed foods that you eat and then are hungry again 30mins later).

I like to use the MyFitnessPal app specifically for the Nutrient Tracker. I don't focus on the calories, but instead looking at what percentages of protein/carbs/fats I've eaten for the day and also the more specific values like sodium, cholesterol, saturated fat, etc.

Sorry this was really long winded! Nutrition is a big part of the program I'm in and we learn a lot about encouraging and helping patients to live healthy lifestyles and part of that is realizing that healthy and perfect isn't synonymous (especially when no one can even agree what a perfect diet is!).

Back