Too Much Practice???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No there isn't best things Ice baths, Advil, heating pads!! Your body will eventually get used to all the exercise to where you won't be sore when you do it. Between sports training, school cheer and Allstar cheer I would train 4 to 6 hours a day, unless I had an injury then it would go up for an hour of therapy, in jr high and high school.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Btw the post above is based on how my parents and I pushed myself as an athlete. You have to decide for yourself the limits that your body can take! Take care of yourself first before you decide to make drastic changes to training schedule!!!

Beside the stretching after the tough workouts, drink plenty of water. The stretching and the water will help relieve the soreness much quicker. Good luck and keep pushing for your goals!!

My CP called me from practice the other day and says "the most amazing thing happened at practice!" I was expecting some new tumbling skill, but she says "I threw up!" I guess they did MANY full outs and she just was exhausted. Any suggestions on good snacks to keep her powered up for such things? My CP leaves directly from school to make it to practice so I have to try and pack her items that provide energy....yet that she will eat!

My CP called me from practice the other day and says "the most amazing thing happened at practice!" I was expecting some new tumbling skill, but she says "I threw up!" I guess they did MANY full outs and she just was exhausted. Any suggestions on good snacks to keep her powered up for such things? My CP leaves directly from school to make it to practice so I have to try and pack her items that provide energy....yet that she will eat!
I've always been a fan of the vanilla Power Bars.

Also keep in mind that although you are going through pain, the best thing for you is to keep conditioning at the intensity you have been going at. Over the course of 2-3 days it will actually reduce your overall pain level more than if you were to just rest it out (hard to believe I know..)

I think conditioning helps a lot, but during the week before competition, my team tends to take it a bit easier. We'll go full out a few times each practice, but not much more than that, just so that people don't get hurt. I think it's important to keep a balance between practicing hard and practicing dangerous.

Back