All-Star Trends You Hope Will Die After Worlds 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SSX and Coed Elite always being the bridesmaids. I'm so ready for one or both of them to get the gold.

And junior/youth teams body-rubbing and twerking. It's awkward enough to have 18 year old cheerleaders popping their booties all over the place, but even more bizarre to have it choreographed into a little kids' team...

My personal opinion on the matter (and I'm basically team mom) is that, once we're done competing, if you're over 18, you're an adult and I don't really care what you do.
This x100, but I always say I don't care what you do as long as you have some class. ;)

LMAO!

@Ashley I wonder if things get crazy at NHSCC.
I'm my experience things don't get crazy at NHSCC. But then again we chose to stay at the nicer hotel (the Caribbean) most years and more teams stay at Allstar Sports/Movies/Music. My coach would not have been happy if we were drinking underage on a "school" trip.

Obviously not world's teams but my youth and junior kiddos might need a little help with that this weekend at our first competition...you would be surprised haha. They think the music is A LOT faster than it actually is so they rush the heck out of it.
There are WORLDS teams that do this around here. It's one of my biggest pet peeves! Unless they are a youth/mini -- just stop. You can't even hear the music because of the obscene counting. Maybe they would know their counts if they could hear the music above your yelling.- and this is not towards anyone here that yells the counts lol!

The partying at Worlds. You're 15...stop it.

Oh hey.. Chased a bid all season! Let's pay $2k, head to Orlando, drink our arses off and puke during practice and warm ups because we are so hungover.

Me- telling my child if this is EVER her thought of worlds- she has a another thing coming. You gave your heart all season. Why would you toss it all? Plus- respect yourself, team and other athletes. Nobody wants to smell your beer laced sweat.

And for those older kids at worlds - and some their last time- as long as you are done competing and your parents are ok w it- I don't judge. Just get thru day 1 without chugging down a beer ;-)

I'm my experience things don't get crazy at NHSCC. But then again we chose to stay at the nicer hotel (the Caribbean) most years and more teams stay at Allstar Sports/Movies/Music. My coach would not have been happy if we were drinking underage on a "school" trip.
Yeah, at least with high school cheer, underage drinking at technically a school sanctioned event would mean HUGE repercussions if they got caught. Like coaches fired, kicked off the team, suspension from school, team not getting to compete anymore, and even there no longer being a cheer team. So even though it is pretty much high school kids at Worlds, it has nothing to do with school, so repercussions aren't super serious. I guess they could kick you off the team (even though the season is pretty much over?) and maybe out of the gym, but I don't really see that happening.
My two cents on it: I can't control how old people are when they drink, but if you're partying at a comp, please please pretty please do it when you are FINISHED COMPETING.

Oh hey.. Chased a bid all season! Let's pay $2k, head to Orlando, drink our arses off and puke during practice and warm ups because we are so hungover.

Me- telling my child if this is EVER her thought of worlds- she has a another thing coming. You gave your heart all season. Why would you toss it all? Plus- respect yourself, team and other athletes. Nobody wants to smell your beer laced sweat.

And for those older kids at worlds - and some their last time- as long as you are done competing and your parents are ok w it- I don't judge. Just get thru day 1 without chugging down a beer ;-)
I would b fuming if any team members of my daughter did that! We went thru a situation in pop warner for my sons football team. They went down to Fl undefeated with such an amazing team and it was party town for the parents and coaches, which kept the kids up late and they lost the first game! It was never about football and i have never been mad!

When I was in high school we had kids do this Friday night before Cheersport. Obviously my coaches were smart enough and knew what was going on and busted all the kids that were in the room partying. Two girls got so drunk they got sick, neither of whom had parents with them on the trip, so my mother and another girl's mom ended up taking care of them while they were puking, showering them, dressing them, everything. Our coaches actually kicked them off the team that night, did not allow them to compete and called their parents and told them they had to come down to Atlanta to watch them the rest of the weekend. While it was really stressful to lose two athletes the night before a big competition, I respect our coaches for making that decision and having zero tolerance for that kind of behavior.

Last edited:
Back