All-Star Trying Out At Multiple Gyms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 28, 2014
Hi fierce boarders I was hoping for a bit of advice
I am currently with a program I love and they taught me so much. I was hoping to finish the season with them again next year but it looks like my whole family is relocating to where I will have to travel atleast 2hours to get to any program.

This has been my first season and I have senior level 2 I am hoping to bring my stunting level over summer break to a level 3/4 as I can do some of the skills as a backspot.

There are some small gyms that only do level 2 and a big gym that does senior 2,3 and 4

Is it acceptable to tryout at a few gyms and then accpet where place for the higher level?

I met the smaller gym at nationals and I thought they were lovely and did really well in small senior

The bigger gym has more levels to progress through and until I tryout I really dont know what is best for me

any thoughts?

It is okay to try out at both but I wouldn't just select a gym based on who has the higher placement. Make sure you really like the program and will fit in.

Reaching dadlebrity 1 follow at a time

It is okay to try out at both but I wouldn't just select a gym based on who has the higher placement. Make sure you really like the program and will fit in.

Reaching dadlebrity 1 follow at a time

Thanks its not just the placement both gyms are amazing its I would love to do level 3 but if I need to stay level 2 another year that is ok as well.

Thanks its not just the placement both gyms are amazing its I would love to do level 3 but if I need to stay level 2 another year that is ok as well.
It's great to me that in Europe, you can cheer as long as you want regardless of your skill level. As someone that started cheering very late, (for the majority) it's sad that once you're 18/19, you're done. (Do I want to cheer after I graduate? Absolutely not, but I always wish I could have started earlier.) Obviously there are open teams, but those are mostly for super dedicated level 4 and 5 athletes (I think the up and coming open level 4 teams are great and are giving a lot of people more opportunities; I can't wait to see where that goes in the future) which is somewhere a lot of people never get. I think it relieves some of the pressure of progressing quickly. I've heard girls stress themselves out saying, "I'm 14, I only have a few more years to be level 5." I've even heard it be used as an excuse: "Suzy deserves to be on the level 5 team, even though she doesn't have the skills, because it's her senior year and her last chance." I'm certainly not suggesting we adopt a similar system in the US (I don't think the demand is high enough), I just think it's interesting.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It's great to me that in Europe, you can cheer as long as you want regardless of your skill level. As someone that started cheering very late, (for the majority) it's sad that once you're 18/19, you're done. (Do I want to cheer after I graduate? Absolutely not, but I always wish I could have started earlier.) Obviously there are open teams, but those are mostly for super dedicated level 4 and 5 athletes (I think the up and coming open level 4 teams are great and are giving a lot of people more opportunities; I can't wait to see where that goes in the future) which is somewhere a lot of people never get. I think it relieves some of the pressure of progressing quickly. I've heard girls stress themselves out saying, "I'm 14, I only have a few more years to be level 5." I've even heard it be used as an excuse: "Suzy deserves to be on the level 5 team, even though she doesn't have the skills, because it's her senior year and her last chance." I'm certainly not suggesting we adopt a similar system in the US (I don't think the demand is high enough), I just think it's interesting.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I like it because I started at 19. When I started I had no tumbling not even a forward roll but I go to open sessions as much as I can and I can roll and cartwheel now and to some frotn tucks into a pit.

I love that we have open level divisions all levles and there is no age cap on the senior aslong as you have atleast 1 16 and under on your team because open is desinged for university teams. I like it but i put pressure to progress quickly as I would like to be on a higher level which now im out for a few weeks due to a back injury.

Being at thte team I am now they have helped me so much and I fit in there and im so worried about finding a new gym
As I prefer the intensity of allstar to university

One thing that is really worrying me though there is a chance I wont be able to cheer at all because im not guaranteed a place with thier program and as i struggle with tumbling it might be an issue and if the university time table clashes with uni cheer i wont be able to do that either

Back