High School Tryout Results

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 13, 2009
How does your school let you know who make the team?
What are some cool ideas you have to deliver tryout results?
Do you think its better to find out before, during, or after school?

I'm speaking from theatre experience here, but I would say email out a list, post on Facebook, or post on Edline (Blackboard, Edmodo whatever you use). It's aweful to find out you didn't make the team and then have to go to math class. Let people handle the disappointment in the privacy of their homes

Our varsity team is chosen by scoring so on the last day of try outs everyone goes in the hall while they tally and then people are called in individually to see if they made varsity or jv. Posting results online or something would probably be more efficient though as we are stuck at the school for a whole extra hour waiting to get called in...

The weekend after Tryouts, the coaches post the lists early in the morning on the gym doors. It has our names on it and one says Varsity while the other says JV. In middle school they did the same thing, but posted our numbers and there was only one list.

School tryouts for me were always the week before spring break. It was nice because it gave the girls who didn't make it time to regroup and not be so stressed about people asking the next day if they made it or not and having to say no. By the time everyone was back in class, people were talking about spring break and not tryouts.

To reveal who made it, our coach would put it as the voice mail of her school phone. Everyone would call the number starting at a certain time (example: 9pm the night of tryouts), and listen to hear what team they made if any. That way everyone knew who made it, but didn't have to see other girls face to face if they didn't make it and were free to be upset in the privacy of their own home.

We get told after everyone's done trying out. It's awkward watching the girls would didn't make it cry. I go to a small school with less than 50 kids per grade so usually only about 15 girls try out and 10-12 make it. That only leaves 1 or 2 girls that don't make it...

Everyone gets called into the room one-by-one and the coaches tells you what team you made. The list is also posted on the cheer website.

Ours were posted outside the hs gym monday morning. Its really dumb because that means all the incoming freshman have to walk nextdoor to see the results. (our schools are next to eachother) I wish it was done by email or at tryouts.

For you id say do them at tryouts and not post things during school. That way if a girl cries because she doesnt make it she wont make a scene at school.

We usually have tryouts the week before spring break and we get emailed the results of JV & Varsity (JV= Sophomores, Varsity= Juniors & Seniors).

A few hours after everyone tries out, they post it on the doors, there's a varsity list, a JV list, and a freshman list.

We place the results of who made the team in sealed envelopes that are given to everyone who tries out. They are to open it off school grounds in privacy.

That's exactly ohow my daughter got her result. They were so excited, and tore up the letter right there on the parking lot. Then, we all went to Pinkberry to celebrate.

That's exactly ohow my daughter got her result. They were so excited, and tore up the letter right there on the parking lot. Then, we all went to Pinkberry to celebrate.

I am sure a few of ours get opened up in the parking lot also, but they know they are supposed to wait. I like this way because they can be disappointed in their own privacy should that be the result.

Back