All-Star Tumbling Rules Level 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
I am in a discussion with my friend, the pass debated is
standing 1 to full whip double, in other words
standing handspring full whip double.

it wouldn't be illegal correct because of

In standing tumbling only, skills involving two twists (i.e. Double fulls) must be immediately preceded by a minimum of two backward traveling, non-twisting tumbling skills. One of these two skills must be a back handspring. (Jump skills are not considered tumbling skills. i.e. toe touch > back handspring > double full = illegal)

the immediately being the key word, but the double doesnt immediately proceed a bhs within 2 skills and there is also a twisting skill in the 2 prior skills correct?

Illegal. The double must be immediately preceded by 2 BHS or BHS and whip in some combination (with no other skills).

If you add another BHS or whip after the full, that would make it legal.

viralscorp is spot on - "immediately preceded" means it must come directly before.. Since you only have one "backwards traveling, non-twisting" tumbling skill before the double (aka. the whip), it is not legal.

Les did say that a rule clarification would be coming out that the "2nd double" wouldn't have to follow the rule, meanign two to double whip double would be legal. However, this still leaves two to full whip double as illegal :/ caused a pretty big discussion at the safety judge meeting, but don't think it will change.

So, is a cartwheel double legal? What if the athlete takes a couple steps before the cartwheel??

ok so im being told by cheer athletics ppl that it is legal, and i dont see how because of the keyword immediately

This is all too confusing.. lets just tumble our hearts out like before!!!! :) what..whats that usasf? we can't...? you wanna ruin tumbling... oh I see ok.

Back