All-Star Twist & Shout Youth Elite Level 5 -- Check Out Their Stunts!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So happy we still have Y5 for this very reason. Look at how happy they are! Stunting like the big kids they admire...and doing it quite well, too! It's great to see!

So happy we still have Y5 for this very reason. Look at how happy they are! Stunting like the big kids they admire...and doing it quite well, too! It's great to see!

RJ -- Those kids left the floor BALLING as did their coaches and even our owner. It was surreal. I've never seen kids feel so proud of their accomplishments as these kids did that day. About half that team has cheered together since Mini 2 (won NCA together) moved to Youth 3 and got 2nd last year and then Y4 this year. It has just been an incredible ride for these kids. :)

Really great stunuting... but lots of layouts! i think they would blow everyone out of the water if they dropped to level 4

I don't agree. I've seen many Y5 teams build their skills as the season progressed simply because the bar was set higher. Kids are amazing. Most will attempt to ascend to the level of their best peer example. i.e the best stunt group, tumbler, etc. Now that there's a Y5R, they can build their tumbling gradually and still be competitive. I hope their coaching staff decides to go that route. I'm excited for them and for Y5 in general!

I would say that Twist and Shout is the perfect example of why Y5 is a good idea. Whether knowingly or not they took a team (mini's according to her) essentially kept them together and slowly built this team they have today. That's how you do it, and I certainly know first hand about kids crying they are so happy over their accomplishments, it's 1 of the things I love the most about this division. Sometimes I think people think "Oh ABC Allstars is so lucky to have a Youth 5" when in reality that particular team took 2 or 3 years to get to that point. It's hard work. Not for the faint of heart due to the caliber of teams that you will be competing against but personally it's been probably the most rewarding division my little bit has competed in to date in her career.

I am so happy for your team and their accomplishments! Keep working hard. I'm looking forward to seeing the fruits of their labor for many many years to come!!!

@mstealtoyou -- thank you!! The entire team of 20 has not been together since minis, but a good 10 or so of them have. It has been inspirational to watch them grow from bhs's to tucks to layouts to now some of them fulls. And stunting from prep stunts to extended last year (which they struggled with BTW, lol) and now to be pushing the envelope for their age and level. As a parent, you can't ask for anymore. We lost NCA as a youth 4 team but I didn't even care. It has been the journey these kids have taken us (yes us, the parents) on and the memories they have built that mean the most to me. :)

@mstealtoyou -- thank you!! The entire team of 20 has not been together since minis, but a good 10 or so of them have. It has been inspirational to watch them grow from bhs's to tucks to layouts to now some of them fulls. And stunting from prep stunts to extended last year (which they struggled with BTW, lol) and now to be pushing the envelope for their age and level. As a parent, you can't ask for anymore. We lost NCA as a youth 4 team but I didn't even care. It has been the journey these kids have taken us (yes us, the parents) on and the memories they have built that mean the most to me. :)

You're preaching to the choir girl!! HAHAHA During the whole Y5 debates I would try and post about what this division meant to so many kids/parents/programs but never published it because it's very hard to put into words unless you've lived it. You've lived it. Those who've lived it appreciate it and respect the years it took to get there. Glad your team will have a division to compete in next season to keep the dream alive for so many 11 and under kids!

Thanks everyone!! They went back to practice last night and every stunt group hit high to high stretch to overstretch tick tocks (well, except my CP's group which bobbled real bad, haha, but in her defense, it wasn't her regular group.)

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=698386930271&comments

And here's a video of one of the stunt groups hitting an even harder sequence. Two out of the four groups hit this last night:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=698390997121&comments

I didn't realize CEA Youth Elite had competed high to highs. I thought they were low to highs, but what an honor it is for our first year youth 4 team to be hanging with such an amazing, established team!!! :)
It's ok..I still think it's really awesome to see such talented girls at that age! I love that they're setting such high goals for themselves (and by the looks of it, will accomplish them). :)

What insane bases in that second stunt too! Do you know if you guys plan on moving up to Youth 5 next year, cause it looks like you could by the start of the season?

I really don't know. Stunting is only one aspect of the scoresheet. We'd have to have a whole lot more girls get their fulls before we could be competitive at Youth Restricted 5. But maybe the summer will be good to us!! :)

Latest posts

Back