All-Star Unassisted Stunting Just For Coed Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 13, 2010
!

After watching Sparks’ routine, it made me think. It is my impression that COED teams get rewarded for having unassisted stunts.

“COED Divisions have been adjusted to reward the difficulty of stunts performed without assistance”

This made me wonder if the girls are doing the unassisted stunting, what is the purpose of implementing that rule just for the COED division?.

Sorry if this was already discussed in another thread.

!

After watching Sparks’ routine, it made me think. It is my impression that COED teams get rewarded for having unassisted stunts.

“COED Divisions have been adjusted to reward the difficulty of stunts performed without assistance”

This made me wonder if the girls are doing the unassisted stunting, what is the purpose of implementing that rule just for the COED division?.

Sorry if this was already discussed in another thread.

The scoresheet does not specify who does it, just that it gets done. I am proud my girls can stunt. The boys can too, just don't have it in right now.

The scoresheet does not specify who does it, just that it gets done. I am proud my girls can stunt. The boys can too, just don't have it in right now.
Actually, Jamfest did specify in the beginning of the season. i haven't judged for jamfest this season so not sure of the specifics, but at the USASF regional meetings they said it needs to be a girl and a boy.

What is interesting is everyone is basically doing level 2 or 3 coed stunts. I know the difficulty is a lot harder, but legality wise level 2 and 3 teams can do the same skills.

The legalities are not designed primarily to separate skills based on difficulty. They are based on acceptable levels of risk given the assumed experience/ maturity level.

Designing scoring systems based primarily on using the legality structure to determine difficulty is a mistake, IMO. Not every only-L5-legal skill is harder than every skill allowed at lower levels. (5 man group doing straight up stretch double vs single based toss scorpion, for example)

The legalities are not designed primarily to separate skills based on difficulty. They are based on acceptable levels of risk given the assumed experience/ maturity level.

Designing scoring systems based primarily on using the legality structure to determine difficulty is a mistake, IMO. Not every only-L5-legal skill is harder than every skill allowed at lower levels. (5 man group doing straight up stretch double vs single based toss scorpion, for example)

Less an issue, but more just a different perspective. I see senior 2's doing hands extensions assisted and then level 5's do the same thing.

My personal belief is a true single based stunt (toss to the top and double down) is a lot harder than a group 1 1/2 up tick tock thingy.

As much as I understand the push for "Coed" stunting, this whole thing is ridiculous to me. I mean seriously would you rather watch "toss libs" or 1 1/2 ups!? I mean seriously watch "Coed" College divisions, I know everyone SAYS "we are unassisted" but seriously they are just better at hiding their "assisted" hands. Yes there are a few that are unassisted but MAJORITY are assisted. This whole thing is dumb.

Exactly, because they are difficult to do unassisted. That is why I prefer to see well-done toss unassisted libs than assisted 1.5 ups by coed groups. Your opinion may differ.
I agree that they are more difficult but my point is I feel like we are gonna see more people "cheat" the toss lib than do them unassisted. I'd love to see full up awesome but I don't see it happening. I guess only time will tell.

Back