All-Star Usasf Cheer Age Grid ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This happens all the time. I lost count of the times people have said junior is better than youth or senior is better than junior, even though it's the same level.
Which is ironic since it is technically the opposite. Younger kids doing the same skills is more impressive!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Somebody posted upthread wondering why parents get hung up on Junior 2 v. Senior 2.

I have found that Junior v. Senior team same level tends to matter the most to FLYER PARENTS.

There is a perceived difference at times in the availability of flyer spots/flyer opportunities for younger kids on the Senior teams. Especially if the Senior teams tend to have younger flyers and HS aged bases.

Flyer parents and former flyer parents tend to think that their kid has a better chance of flying on the Senior team.

Let's say Suzy has been flying since Minis. She flew on Youth and for the first few years on Juniors.

Now, she is 11 and boom, here comes the GROWTH SPURT. She is now the TALLEST kid on Junior 2 and this year she's basing. Why? Because the incoming Junior kids are obviously smaller.

No good for Suzy. Your little Suzy has ALWAYS flown. Boo.

Then you look at the SENIOR 2 TEAM. You see kids Suzy's age flying.

You assume that if she is on the team with the older kids, she can continue flying (not taking skills into account but that's another thread.) So that is what you want and you see that there is a difference.
I've actually seen the opposite but to each their own. We all know flyer parents are evil.

I've actually seen the opposite but to each their own. We all know flyer parents are evil.

LOL! You come from a different place than the typical suzy must fly mom. Your girlies are amazing flyers who were also graced with a heredity (is that the right word?) that meant they would most likely always retain their flying position. The freaky suzy flyer mom is typically one who is in a race against the clock ...often subconsciously.

You might want to break that news to the photographers at competitions. Though, I have to saacky, once CP became a base and backspot, I saved a lot of money and time because I didn't bother to look or buy.

I have a neice who backspots. In two seasons, her mom has purchased maybe 3 action shots.

She does scroll through and do a lot of "oh hey there's my hand/wrist!" though.

I have a neice who backspots. In two seasons, her mom has purchased maybe 3 action shots.

She does scroll through and do a lot of "oh hey there's my hand/wrist!" though.

Totally random but I just noticed your username, has it always been that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! You come from a different place than the typical suzy must fly mom. Your girlies are amazing flyers who were also graced with a heredity (is that the right word?) that meant they would most likely always retain their flying position. The freaky suzy flyer mom is typically one who is in a race against the clock ...often subconsciously.
Well thank you :). I will agree there are too many flyordie moms, but in my experience, the age grid and the "Susie must be on a senior team" phenomenon happens across the board. Parents really do have the impression that divisions are as much an indication of progress and status as level is.

Back