All-Star Usasf Cheer Age Grid ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But that's logical and anyone with a social media account for their 6 year old cheerleader is not logical

I am rather curious as to how many of the InstaFlyer Look At Me kids are still flying when they hit 10 or 11.

...or if they're even cheering at all.

I wonder if all the overexposure (clinics, promos, photo shoots) will burn them out faster than a typical athlete.

Reminds me of the pageant circuit. Kids who win big and get tons of high titles at a young age (like 0-4) don't want to see a pageant by 5th grade.

I am rather curious as to how many of the InstaFlyer Look At Me kids are still flying when they hit 10 or 11.

...or if they're even cheering at all.

I wonder if all the overexposure (clinics, promos, photo shoots) will burn them out faster than a typical athlete.

Reminds me of the pageant circuit. Kids who win big and get tons of high titles at a young age (like 0-4) don't want to see a pageant by 5th grade.

Most are likely either burnt out or don't fly anymore because of size; burn out is high for the middle school age anyway without all of the excess, I can't imagine the excess helping any at all!

Hooooly cow I stopped growing when I was 12...

Lol I'm 22 and I just stopped growing within the last year. I was 4'10" at 15 and I'm 5'8" now. When I started college, I was 5'5" and since I no longer do sports (I stopped after my freshman year and I attribute my growth in height to that because I started growing again after I was done cheering), I've grown three inches. And then there is my 20 year old 4'11" sister who hasn't grown since she was 14 but also has some kind of growth disorder. Our parents are relatively short (5'3ish and 5'9ish) so I'm not sure how I ended up this tall lol.

And to add to the career flyer things mentioned in other posts, I flew throughout my four years in all star cheer and my one year in college cheer and hated it because I'm a super type A perfectionist and it stresses me out way too much. I crossed over my freshman year in high school to a junior teams and got to backspot and it was seriously amazing. I wish I had been born later because if I was still cheering, I probably would have been strictly a base or a backspot based on how tiny flyers are now. Flying was always fun and I was good at it (at the time, however I don't think I would have been nearly as successful with some of the stunts that are considered an industry standard now) but I felt so much less pressure whenever I wasn't the one in the air and I enjoyed myself way more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back