All-Star Usasf Rules Gurus - Please Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

wcdad, ACEDAD - Trust me I understand where both of you are coming from. However the issue for me personally is that in the past few years we have seen things that appeared cut and dry until someone challenged it. In the past it was debated as gym favoritism vs knowing the grey areas in the rules and being willing to push the grey areas. The old where you tumble at gym rule comes to my mind. In the past people have posted issues they were thought were cut and dry until a gym - usually a rival - was able to work around it. This is all I am looking at.

It wouldn't be worth the headache to me. If I was a gym owner I would release them and be done with it. The only reason I wouldn't is if their bill was not settled to an agreeable arrangement.

If there is a full lunar eclipse of the sun and I walk backwards out the door as I leave gym A, and I take a plane and cross the International date line and arrive at Gym B and enter through a window, decide I no longer want to compete with Gym B and leave out the back door skipping and head to Gym C and pay with Euro’s and a week later decide I want to cheer with Gym D. Do I need a release from all 3 even though I have not competed with Gym B or C?

This tread is getting little nuts... The rule is cut and dry and not a hard thing to grasp. If you are with a team / gym after November 1 you must have a signed release to compete at worlds for another team or gym. PERIOD.
I am confused as to the wording is it whatever team you are with on 11/1 regardless of whether or not you have competed?

Also some whom are looking for these so called releases....if they owe monies...should they get them? I don't think so. This entire situation has turned into something very ugly and is not helping anyone, most especially the children. The children who did not leave mostly. Reading all the fb and other post's needs to stop. What are "we" teaching our children with the bashing? That is is ok so you get what you want?! If it is such a hugh issue for some, take it legally where it belongs and out of eyes and ears of our children.

What if a team disbands? Is the release needed then?

Its my understanding that if the team 'disbands' that it is an automatic release. However, say the Level 5 team disbands and the coaches say "We're going to go Open 5" or "You can be on our Senior 1 team" then you will need a release. Its my understanding that if for ANY REASON a kid is not given an opportunity to cheer at your gym, it is an automatic release. If you are given an opportunity (even if its one you CLEARLY Don't want to do (ex: Your a level 5 athlete and they offer you Senior 1) that you would need a release.

Back