All-Star Usasf Rules Gurus - Please Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When this was first put in place, i didnt understand why we needed this, but I'm starting to see the need. I do think there are certain situations where ther are valid reasons to leave a gym, but in our state if you are a senior in high school and have played varsity, no matter what the reason you dont get to play varsity at a new school. It really sucks, but that's the rule. I feel bad for anyone having to deal with this matter......except those who just want to change cuz Susie really wants to be on the other team that always wins, and what Suzie wants, Suzie gets.

I don't think that most gyms going to Worlds are big gyms that have no problems replacing someone, we have 3 big gyms in CA, the rest are smaller gyms and its a big deal just dealing with a possible injury, let alone someone leaving to go to Worlds with another team.

I do wish though that it would be required that a gym who is a USASF member have some type of notification at tryouts.

I'm not in charge, but if an athlete got released from Gym A to Gym B, but instead competed at Worlds with Gym C, I would disqualify Gym C.

Remember, this isn't a "right to work" issue. This is an attempt by the USASF to control who competes for whom at the Cheerleading Worlds.
So in my scenario where an athlete is released to Gym B, but never competes with them and goes to Gym C - Who should the release the athlete to Gym C?

So in my scenario where an athlete is released to Gym B, but never competes with them and goes to Gym C - Who should the release the athlete to Gym C?
Once the athlete is release from gym A they have nothing to do with where the athlete goes to . So if the athlete signs a contract or competes with gym B then they release...if not the athlete is a 'Free Agent' so to speak.

Once the athlete is release from gym A they have nothing to do with where the athlete goes to . So if the athlete signs a contract or competes with gym B then they release...if not the athlete is a 'Free Agent' so to speak.
I feel like that could be an issue.

Also, who is the owner of the release? Does the athlete carry it around, or does the gym have to have it on file? If I am Gym A and released you to Gym B, and you compete with Gym C; technically you weren't released.

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/USASF_RELEASE_WAIVER_2012.pdf

Looking at the form it would appear to be Gym B to Gym C. However since they "technically" did not compete with Gym B it would not be necessary. A parent could claim that this was their intention, went to Gym B and discovered it was not a fit before they competed and went to Gym C. Unless they chose to invoke this false part by the second Gym owner

As the secondary Gym owner,
I attest that the information provided is accurate and understand falsifying documents will result in automatic
ineligibility of the alternate and will result in Disciplinary action by the USASF Disciplinary Committee.

For example if they could prove the second gym owner signed the release knowing that the athlete was not going to cheer with their gym but go elsewhere - in effect acting as a middleman. But since there is no true appeals process would that even happen?

I agree with Acedad that this was not the attention. But when there are loopholes, someone full well knowing that it was not the intent, will usually try to push through it anyway - especially if it benefits their program.

I just don't see this loophole that y'all are talking about. The form says:
As the primary gym owner signing this release waiver, I fully release the above listed athlete in order to participate with the above listed gym in the 2012 USASF Cheerleading Worlds.

So if the athlete competes with any gym other than the secondary gym, the release is invalid. Period.

I just don't see this loophole that y'all are talking about. The form says:
As the primary gym owner signing this release waiver, I fully release the above listed athlete in order to participate with the above listed gym in the 2012 USASF Cheerleading Worlds.

So if the athlete competes with any gym other than the secondary gym, the release is invalid. Period.

So if an athlete wished to go to Gym C for whatever reason, would they need a 2nd release from Gym A *and* one from Gym B, or just a single release from Gym B?

So if an athlete wished to go to Gym C for whatever reason, would they need a 2nd release from Gym A *and* one from Gym B, or just a single release from Gym B?
Now if this happens and and kid has signed release to gym b but gym A at worlds contests the kids ability to compete would to usasf hear the gyms "appeal" to the waiver process. Wondering just how one sided the usasf would get.

Now if this happens and and kid has signed release to gym b but gym A at worlds contests the kids ability to compete would to usasf hear the gyms "appeal" to the waiver process. Wondering just how one sided the usasf would get.

I would guess the original release would not be valid, and the athlete would then need a new release from both gym A and gym B to complete at that season's Worlds event with gym C.

All of that being said, by the time the athlete is on their third gym between November and Worlds, the sympathy level for the athlete is probably diminishing.

I feel like that could be an issue.

Also, who is the owner of the release? Does the athlete carry it around, or does the gym have to have it on file? If I am Gym A and released you to Gym B, and you compete with Gym C; technically you weren't released.
That is the point , when gym A signs the release they 'release ' you and cannot say who you can and cannot go to right?

I would guess the original release would not be valid, and the athlete would then need a new release from both gym A and gym B to complete at that season's Worlds event with gym C.

All of that being said, by the time the athlete is on their third gym between November and Worlds, the sympathy level for the athlete is probably diminishing.

What if this second gym hires all the guys from 'to Catch A Predator' and they were all arrested, but the owner doesn't want to fire them.. THEN the building catches on fire and burns down and they can only practice outside on the concrete and THEN this coach is having all these people try levee 13 skills.

Would you still have no sympathy? You heartless cat you.

That is the point , when gym A signs the release they 'release ' you and cannot say who you can and cannot go to right?
I agree, why does the primary gym have the right to only allow you to go the gym of THEIR choosing? Why do they have that power? If they're going to release you, it should be a blanket release, not to whomever they choose.

If there is a full lunar eclipse of the sun and I walk backwards out the door as I leave gym A, and I take a plane and cross the International date line and arrive at Gym B and enter through a window, decide I no longer want to compete with Gym B and leave out the back door skipping and head to Gym C and pay with Euro’s and a week later decide I want to cheer with Gym D. Do I need a release from all 3 even though I have not competed with Gym B or C?

This tread is getting little nuts... The rule is cut and dry and not a hard thing to grasp. If you are with a team / gym after November 1 you must have a signed release to compete at worlds for another team or gym. PERIOD.

Let me ask this, at worlds who is allowed to contest? Is only gym A allowed to contest or can any gym contest another gyms releases?

Back