All-Star Usasf Rules Gurus - Please Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just thought I'd reiterate that I lost my job so this matters sooooooooooooooo much less to me now than when the thread was started, but i'll reply again anyway.

Yes, I did tell the gym I was leaving for financial reasons. Yes, I was struggling financially...but I could have possibly made it work if I thought I should. But up to that point all I'd seen was my money going down the drain. I had yet to receive anything I paid for (practice wear anyone? Yeah...I STILL don't have that) and every time I turned around I was seeing bad signs and hearing rumors. No way no how was I going to practically kill myself for something I knew was going to be a disaster. And this is not a shot at you Cheer-ful Mom - I've always liked you and I know you were probably one of the only reasons they've made it this far. I just saw the signs and headed for the hills ASAP. Truthfully the few people I tried to say anything to just brushed me off as "trying to start drama" so I shrugged and thought "Ha...that's gonna be funny when that hits the fan" :rolleyes:

As for not listening to gossip? I. LISTEN. And I listen HARD. I find that generally if you hear something from many people, many times, it usually turns out to be true.

Lastly...I'm sort of torn on this. I've thought about it and I can see where some of these Level 5 people may have not seen anything. Because I will tell you what - this gym wrote the book on catering to Level 5 and senior teams in general. My daughter was on the ONLY team in the gym that wasn't Level 5 or a Senior team, and you want to talk about a team that got shafted left and right? So maybe that's why I saw it sooner. And I dare anyone on here to say that team wasn't treated like a throwaway team - all you gotta do is look at the videos from the first comp. So maybe us Youth moms saw it sooner because we experienced it sooner. I don't know. But hopefully in the future y'all will listen to rumors and hear the LOUD warnings. :(

I did see how that team was treated and it was sad. You were right in doing what you did. I can tell you as of today that team is back to being a jr 2 team and a couple of the level 5 boys are now on it as well as other senior girls. most all athletes are now triple teaming to maintain the same number of teams. Hopefully these kids that will be completely exhausted trying to do 3 routines in a row at comps do not get injured.

If we all don't have releases next week, for all of the kids, the public relations nightmare is going to get a whole lot worse.

Just a warning, this is a place to discuss. You will not be allowed to 'unleash' a public relations nightmare on here. That is not the point of the board (to hold a gym hostage because of what you might post). You can feel free to post whatever you like on your personal Facebook.

Just a warning, this is a place to discuss. You will not be allowed to 'unleash' a public relations nightmare on here. That is not the point of the board (to hold a gym hostage because of what you might post). You can feel free to post whatever you like on your personal Facebook.

NO worries, this will NOT be the place, this is simply a discussion! Thank you for the reminder though :)

What happens if you get a waiver signed and go to ICE. Before you compete with ICE, you go to UA. You wouldn't get a waiver from ICE to go to UA because you haven't competed with them. The original gym only released you to ICE.

So what would happen if you have a waiver that released you to a certain gym and you wind up competing at a different one?

What happens if you get a waiver signed and go to ICE. Before you compete with ICE, you go to UA. You wouldn't get a waiver from ICE to go to UA because you haven't competed with them. The original gym only released you to ICE.

So what would happen if you have a waiver that released you to a certain gym and you wind up competing at a different one?
Good point! If the primary gym tried to cause trouble, then they would have to explain why they would release the athlete ONLY to a certain gym and why they wouldn't have released if going to the other.

Good point! If the primary gym tried to cause trouble, then they would have to explain why they would release the athlete ONLY to a certain gym and why they wouldn't have released if going to the other.

If you can get them to release you to ICE, might as well get that signed in the meantime.

Thanks for bringing up loopholes in the process :) LOL. USASF always leaves a couple of them or so it seems.

***disclaimer*** I am not against the athletes getting their release - I believe based on the info provided they should.

As a mom of 2 all-stars and a CONSUMER, I think the whole waiver requirement is a bad idea. If this were a legitimate contract it would not hold up in court. For instance, many people sign non-compete agreements at their workplace but they don't hold up in a Texas court because Texas is a "right-to-work" state. Forgive me if I'm wrong but the vast majority of teams that go to worlds are large gyms that have several athletes to choose from, so if one athlete decides to leave for whatever reason, it would not be that difficult to get a replacement. Now mind you, my cps have only cheered at one small gym as level 4 athletes so I honestly do not have the level 5 world's experience. If I am paying thousands of dollars to a business and it no longer meets my needs, I should have the right to change who I do business with. Level 5 World contenders are not professional athletes with million dollar contracts.

Thanks for bringing up loopholes in the process :) LOL. USASF always leaves a couple of them or so it seems.

***disclaimer*** I am not against the athletes getting their release - I believe based on the info provided they should.

I don't think that would work. I was under the impression that the rule was that you needed a release if you competed with the team or on/after November 1, whichever came first. I could be wrong, though.

What if you get the release to one gym but change your mind about where you want to go? You have been released from your primary gym does the secondary gym really matter?

I'm not in charge, but if an athlete got released from Gym A to Gym B, but instead competed at Worlds with Gym C, I would disqualify Gym C.

Remember, this isn't a "right to work" issue. This is an attempt by the USASF to control who competes for whom at the Cheerleading Worlds.

Back