All-Star Usasf Updated Cheer Rules/age Grid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

thats what i was thinking.....updates and changes now?? a little late, dont you think?

Sometimes it seems like some of the higher ups in our industry have absolutely no idea what the timeline of the all-star season looks like. Most of the teams in my area will start competing within the next month, if they haven't competed already. I'm not opposed to these updates at all, but why wait until this point to do this?

good thing they waited after most people's choreography is done to update the rules!
thats what i was thinking.....updates and changes now?? a little late, dont you think?
Sometimes it seems like some of the higher ups in our industry have absolutely no idea what the timeline of the all-star season looks like. Most of the teams in my area will start competing within the next month, if they haven't competed already. I'm not opposed to these updates at all, but why wait until this point to do this?
I didn't see any major changes in the rules. The majority of the edits were clarifications.

Name one rule on it that affected your teams choreography.

It's not like they think that September is the best time to release them, it's just that it takes that long for everything to make it through the process.

It's not like they think that September is the best time to release them, it's just that it takes that long for everything to make it through the process.
Well, it does say it was done after the summer regional meetings. I imagine they had to condense ideas/clarifications, see which ones had merit, determine the best way to type them out, etc.

The major clarifications I saw were:
*Dips are now considered the initiation point for dismounts
*Judges watching the hips for stunting twists in determining twist amount
*Something about platform, can't remember what.

I didn't see any major changes in the rules. The majority of the edits were clarifications.

Name one rule on it that affected your teams choreography.
Just the fact that i had to take the time to read thru to make sure that there were no changes that affected our routines....

If any level 3 teams were doing twisting release moves, those are out now. We were hoping to put in a half turn switch up to prep level lib

If any level 3 teams were doing twisting release moves, those are out now. We were hoping to put in a half turn switch up to prep level lib
that still would've have had been illegal with out the clarifications you are only allowed on trick in the release move.

Just the fact that i had to take the time to read thru to make sure that there were no changes that affected our routines....
Everything was highlighted in Red. Took me no more than 5 minutes to read through them.

In the corporate world you get updates all the time on BAU items. You read them and incorporate them and continue.

glitterdiva said:
that still would've have had been illegal with out the clarifications you are only allowed on trick in the release move.

We were going to do half up ball ups til rich pointed that out. Twisting is so limited at l3.

We were going to do half up ball ups til rich pointed that out. Twisting is so limited at l3.
And I think rightfully so. The majority of level 3 kids don't need to be working on some of that stuff.

not that it matters at this point since it is illegal, but it would have been legal, the half twist would be the one trick that release moves were limited to. The switch up is the release move itself, just as a tick tock is a release move and a straight ride is the cradle and you were allowed 1 trick within the release move, and now its 1 trick but no twisting, probably should have at least given us a quarter turn on that.

Back