All-Star Varsity Bought American Cheerleader Magazine?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"Moving ahead, American Cheerleader will be produced by Justeen, LLC, publishers of Justine® magazine, the national “real-girl” lifestyle magazine for teen girls which fosters self-esteem through fun, positive and empowering content. Justine is also a national media sponsor for the Girl Scouts of the USA 100th Anniversary and its “Year of the Girl” initiative."

Wow, way to further alienate an entire section of the cheer industry...Poor male cheerleaders get no love sometimes...

well lets get real for a second, they are really only alienating like half of the male cheerleaders of that ;)

well lets get real for a second, they are really only alienating like half of the male cheerleaders of that ;)

Well, the other part that made me raise my eyebrows was "beauty advice tailored to female athletes," like boys (both ways) don't need grooming advice?

Who owned and ran this magazine before varsity took it over? Did the original owners have ANY connection to varsity, usasf, jam brands, or any other cheer group before?

Who owned and ran this magazine before varsity took it over? Did the original owners have ANY connection to varsity, usasf, jam brands, or any other cheer group before?

It was owned by McFadden Publications which produces 20+ different magazines. No connection to any cheerleading entity to my knowledge.

It was owned by McFadden Publications which produces 20+ different magazines. No connection to any cheerleading entity to my knowledge.
Thank you for that info. Is this the first magazine that Varsity has now or do they control others?

I guess I can see where people are upset, laying off the staff is just horrible at a time like this, but I understand that it is a business move for Varsity. While Varsity is slowly gaining more and more power and buying up more and more smaller companies it is a business for them and they are like any other major company wanting to make more money. I just really wish they would have kept the staff on to run the magazine.
I don't understand people who are saying they won't buy/read AC magazine anymore, do you not attend varsity ran competitions anymore either or buy their uniforms?

I guess I can see where people are upset, laying off the staff is just horrible at a time like this, but I understand that it is a business move for Varsity. While Varsity is slowly gaining more and more power and buying up more and more smaller companies it is a business for them and they are like any other major company wanting to make more money. I just really wish they would have kept the staff on to run the magazine.
I don't understand people who are saying they won't buy/read AC magazine anymore, do you not attend varsity ran competitions anymore either or buy their uniforms?
Most of us don't have a say in what competitions we go to and where we buy our uniforms from though. We do however, have a say in what magazines we read.

Back