All-Star Varsity Brands For Sale?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Question...what if the best thing for cheer is bad for this year's bottom dollar, but return on investment in a year or two makes it worth it? What's more important, growth of the industry (potentially adding to the investment in the future) or this years bottom line?

Ummm, depends on your outlook on things and projections. I am making up numbers, but, let us say that Varsity makes about 40% of the dollar volume in the cheer industry. If the cheer industry makes $100 Million a year ( I think that is quite low, but round numbers are easier to discuss) then Varsity makes about $40 million a year (gross). If the industry, through relinquishing control by Varsity, is expected to grow to $400 million than Varsity would only have to control 10%+ to make more than this year. But if to get the growth up to $400 million Varsity had to control less than 10%, even if it was amazing for cheer, that would be hard to sell to business men. An extremely rich benefactor who doesn't care about the bottom line would be amazing at this moment.

Ummm, depends on your outlook on things and projections. I am making up numbers, but, let us say that Varsity makes about 40% of the dollar volume in the cheer industry. If the cheer industry makes $100 Million a year ( I think that is quite low, but round numbers are easier to discuss) then Varsity makes about $40 million a year (gross). If the industry, through relinquishing control by Varsity, is expected to grow to $400 million than Varsity would only have to control 10%+ to make more than this year. But if to get the growth up to $400 million Varsity had to control less than 10%, even if it was amazing for cheer, that would be hard to sell to business men. An extremely rich benefactor who doesn't care about the bottom line would be amazing at this moment.

and I continue my search for an extremely wealthy man who wants nothing more than for me to spend his money :p

and I continue my search for an extremely wealthy man who wants nothing more than for me to spend his money :p

I know your avatar is a female... i know you have listed yourself as female in your profile... but for all this time i thought you were male. funny huh?

I know your avatar is a female... i know you have listed yourself as female in your profile... but for all this time i thought you were male. funny huh?

lol...at least you didn't think I was Wendy

I don't get it (is that your avatar? I thought that was mariah carey)

lol...It's Wendy Williams. Beth gave it to me, and apparently many people think I'm her. I received it when you were on your "I'm going to give you an avatar if you don't have one" kick.

Just an FYI, if the fierceboard raises $360 million I will buy Varsity.

BUT.. you better be prepared for a universal scoresheet I approve of, a well managed athlete registration system, standards everywhere across the board, the best way to help grow all gyms (small and large), and for fierce board to be more fierce.

In other words, we raise all the money and you get to be CEO?

Eh, on second thought, you can have the job. :)

I'm about to unshimmy every shimmy I have ever given you. Mariah Carey is not even comparable to Wendy Williams. What if Mariah Carey bought Varsity? It would basically be the beginning of my new religion.

Just so I understand the impact... how many shimmys have you given me? Out of my 2,300

Maybe GK Elite will be looking to expand? LOL!

Just so I understand the impact... how many shimmys have you given me? Out of my 2,300
I don't wanna make myself sound important or anything. . .

If you become CEO, I would like to apply for the VP of common sense and occasional tactful ridicule

I don't wanna make myself sound important or anything. . .

If you become CEO, I would like to apply for the VP of common sense and occasional tactful ridicule

That requires at least 2,000 shimmys. No dice.

@kingston the make yourself sound important comment was directed at you.

Way to advertise everyone else out of the job

Back