All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter is on a Sr 4 team and I5 team so we could be in that situation of doing both, we would just have to stay down there the whole week and pray for some great fundraising, if we are lucky enough to qualify for both...... I know if this happens I as a parent will not get Disney passes for both weekends.
I have the same problem. I'm an alternate for our Senior 5 team and will go to Worlds with them. But I can't imagine going only to have to turn around and come back with my other team week later for the Summit. I really can't imagine staying, that's missing a week of school. And...that's the weekend of the Beach U.S. Finals I believe.

I have the same problem. I'm an alternate for our Senior 5 team and will go to Worlds with them. But I can't imagine going only to have to turn around and come back with my other team week later for the Summit. I really can't imagine staying, that's missing a week of school. And...that's the weekend of the Beach U.S. Finals I believe.
I wish the The Summit was like 2 weeks BEFORE Worlds. Worlds should be the Last Competition. Also, since most teams i know have tryouts the weekend after worlds...?
I think the competition is great for teams/gyms that don't have a level 5 team. My Gym is just level 2 Youth Junior and Senior, so we're looking forward to this!

I wish the The Summit was like 2 weeks BEFORE Worlds. Worlds should be the Last Competition. Also, since most teams i know have tryouts the weekend after worlds...?
I think the competition is great for teams/gyms that don't have a level 5 team. My Gym is just level 2 Youth Junior and Senior, so we're looking forward to this!
arent you in the pacific northwest? That's a long way to travel.

arent you in the pacific northwest? That's a long way to travel.
Yes i am! It is a long and expensive travel, but thats why we are staying Local for all the other competitions! We got to Tacoma, WA and Portland OR for bids, and then 1 other comp. somewhere that doesn't give out bids. We already have saved up around 2,200 dollars for a "Travel Competition" (fundraising money) and then we pay off all of our other comp fees and uniform fees through fundraising, so all season we barely pay. So i think it will be lighter on our parents/ coaches. I'm curious the estimated cost per team..

It is also Us finals weekend in RI and VA.......

So basically a gym on the East Coast could no longer do both All-levels aka The Summit and Final Destination; they'd have to choose prior to the comp season which path to choose.
So glad that my team doesn't have tough decisions like that... We go local :p

So basically a gym on the East Coast could no longer do both All-levels aka The Summit and Final Destination; they'd have to choose prior to the comp season which path to choose.
If the Summit is truly May 4 as I have read elsewhere in this thread, than no, Va Beach U.S. Finals is also that weekend.

So basically a gym on the East Coast could no longer do both All-levels aka The Summit and Final Destination;They have to choose prior to the comp season which path to choose.
Teams would have to do a qualifier for US Finals as back up, and then see if they make the Summit. THEN decide what comp to go to.

Teams would have to do a qualifier for US Finals as back up, and then see if they make the Summit. THEN decide what comp to go to.
I think most teams get bids. They want everyone to come. I remember when US Finals (when it was still Final Destination) only gave out top 3 bids instead of top 5.

I think most teams get bids. They want everyone to come. I remember when US Finals (when it was still Final Destination) only gave out top 3 bids instead of top 5.[/quote]

Top 5?!? My CP's mini 2 division never had a competition with more than 5 teams all season last year. And of the two competitions that did have 5 teams (KOTJ, BATB) the division was split 2/3 large/small. The other larger competitions we went to they were one of 3 teams. I know that some divisions are much larger, but you could easily register a team one division up or down and get a bid.

Okay, i'm curious here. If the company is giving out 9 bids, and there are a ton of divisions, how do they pick? I'm unfamiliar with bids, since i'm level 2 and all....

Back