All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

FIRST SUMMIT BIDS!!

Here are The Summit bid winners from the St Louis Athletic Championships event this past weekend:

Paid Bid:
Terre Haute All Star Cheer University Sm Sr 4

At Large Bids:
Southaven Wildcats Sm Youth 1
Terre Haute All Star Cheer University Sm Youth 2
Memphis Pride Sm Junior 3
Cheer Legendz Sr Restricted 5

Congrats to all of the teams!

If this is the worlds of lower levels, what's the crossover policy? Has it been discussed? If so, I'm sick. Please just tell me and don't yell at me for not paying attention. :(

If this is the worlds of lower levels, what's the crossover policy? Has it been discussed? If so, I'm sick. Please just tell me and don't yell at me for not paying attention. :(

Allowed, and from what I gather, not restricted. A team earns the bid, but from the info online doesn't look like there is any restrictions on crossovers or athletes (so an entire team could be replaced.)

5-6-7-8 this is what threw me off. It says Youth, Junior, and Senior??? I am sure someone else asked and I missed it. I got through page 8 and say 19 pages and decided just to ask. Hope you are right. Not that our gym would take us by I know some Mini 2s that at least would like to compete with the hope of a bid then just not be included because they are minis.

Here is the scoop! Keep in mind the other 2 day events & the number of bids are still tentative, but the competition is CONFIRMED to take place!

450 teams will receive bids to compete in ONE location
100-150 Partial-Paid Bids
300-350 At-Large Bids

Offered to Youth, Junior & Senior cheer teams in non-Worlds divisions

The SUMMIT
Innovative, Prestigious, Highly Competitive, “Worlds Caliber” Production

Varsity All Star Championship for All Levels
May 4-5, 2013
Orlando, FL

THE CLIMB
Varsity Brands will be selecting teams for bids at our existing World Bid events & at least 8 other highly competitive 2-day events

DEFENDING CHAMPIONS
First five teams to receive Partial-Paid Bids to The Summit

2012 International All Levels – Grand Champions
Level 1- Pro Athletics
Level 2- Rockstar Cheer
Level 3- World Cup All Stars
Level 4- Spirit Explosion
Level 5- The California All Stars
t​

Sorry to see this! Can you please give me your team, division and contact information? I know the ring company had a back order, but I would be happy to find out additional information for you.

At THE SUMMIT, all rings will be sized at the event after each award ceremony and we will be going with a new ring producer so we can avoid this situation moving forward.
I appreciate you taking the time to give an explanation, and forgive me that my frustration is being directed towards you - however a "backorder" is generally 4-6 weeks - not 7+ months. I just find it highly unprofessional for a company to make such a HUGE production and promote the pants off the rings and not deliver. If this was truly the issue (and I am sorry, but I am skeptical) then at the very least, communication in the form of monthly updates to the gym owners who could then forward the information to the athletes/parents would have been expected. It is extremely unfair for the gym owners/coaches to get constantly questioned by the parents and not be able to provide any information, and it is unacceptable to promise an award to a child that you can't deliver.

I'm so excited for this competition. I really hope varsity can pull it off, because our comp season is based around comps that offer bids...so I really hope we aren't wasting our time going places for no bids. See yall in florida! ;)

Where does that put minis? Since no minis at the Summit - I mean I know there will be some gyms pushing there minis to youth then or parents pushing for that - whereas there are those of us who like keeping our minis age development wise with kids their same age and have gyms able to field some pretty fierce level 2 grand champion teams - would be pretty bad if a level 2 Mini or even 1 mini wins a grand champ and another team below them gets a bid because they are not minis.

We chose not to add, tiny, mini, dance or special athletes, because this is a test year for us. We want to ensure we can provide a quality competition experience at Disney if we have over 500 teams attending The Summit in the future. It is in our plans to include those divisions next year.

If we were to have over 500 teams competing, the competition would be split up into three places like Worlds & UCA Nationals: Epcot, Wide World of Sports & the Indiana Jones theatre in Hollywood Studios. It is quite the feat to maintain the prestigiousness of this competition with having all of these venues, BUT that is our goal!

We chose not to add, tiny, mini, dance or special athletes, because this is a test year for us. We want to ensure we can provide a quality competition experience at Disney if we have over 500 teams attending The Summit in the future. It is in our plans to include those divisions next year.

If we were to have over 500 teams competing, the competition would be split up into three places like Worlds & UCA Nationals: Epcot, Wide World of Sports & the Indiana Jones theatre in Hollywood Studios. It is quite the feat to maintain the prestigiousness of this competition with having all of these venues, BUT that is our goal!
Thank you very much. This is important info to know because I know we had some minis that were hoping for a bid... but I have to say that it seems unfair if a mini 2 comes in grand champ somewhere and an older team gets the bid because minis were not included.... but life is not always fair and you guys are trying something new and I get the working out the kinks. Best of luck.

The FAQ document includes Mini 2 as a division for the Summit. Is this not correct?

It may be hard to do for this year, but in the near future, the issue of sandbagging should be addressed. I know it is somewhat self limiting (gyms aren't going to intentionally replace entire teams), BUT, all it takes is one gym to do it, ruining the experience for everyone else.

It would be hard without a good athlete registration system to track what level each athlete is competing at throughout the year, but if there is another way, it would be beneficial for the event.

It may be hard to do for this year, but in the near future, the issue of sandbagging should be addressed. I know it is somewhat self limiting (gyms aren't going to intentionally replace entire teams), BUT, all it takes is one gym to do it, ruining the experience for everyone else.

It would be hard without a good athlete registration system to track what level each athlete is competing at throughout the year, but if there is another way, it would be beneficial for the event.

I think crossovers should be as well. Maybe not entirely eliminated, but at least addressed and minimalized from normal season.

Hopefully with the help of the USASF Athlete Membership program we will be able to officially track sandbagging.

Back