Verified Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Though as a parent I don't think it does much to verify you or any parent. IDK what it really accomplishes.

It verifies that you are, in fact, a parent, and not a just a coach or a kid or a random fan, which will hopefully make the parent section a viable and useful place again.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

It verifies that you are, in fact, a parent, and not a just a coach or a kid or a random fan, which will hopefully make the parent section a viable and useful place again.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Agree too! Because quite a few "parents" whom I assume are parents - pm me and I DO give personal info out - I figure its private - but I can see if this is a stalker or fan and they pm an athlete or someone etc. and are not who they say they are and they get private info...I guess its a fine line between how much is verified and how much is kept private...maybe a profile pic on the private personal detail page or maybe not -but not avatar....But I think the whole verifying thing is a great idea. It will also lessen board fighting perhaps, although I must say some of the fights (3 yr BHS, Anthem etc. ) really made my day! lol

I don't think anyone out here knows what happened in the parent board. We definitely need some type of stricter guidelines at least for access. We have found out in the last couple days that non-parents have been lying about their identities to get access to our board and lurk. Some of what we post is being used to create drama at other gyms. Mommas are not happy right now....

The thing about the Parent section is it is very hard to verify someone is really a parent. Especially for those numbers AND the moderator is a volunteer. To be automatic it would have to be a pay for section.

Though as a parent I don't think it does much to verify you or any parent. IDK what it really accomplishes.
So the whole verification idea stems from letting people know who are true coaches and more "well known" people in the industry? Silly me I thought it was at least in part from the issues in the NACP.

The thing about the Parent section is it is very hard to verify someone is really a parent. Especially for those numbers AND the moderator is a volunteer. To be automatic it would have to be a pay for section.

YES! I will pay to make sure that the parent area is secure...how much would it be $5..$10? I pretty certain most of the parents would be up for it.

I won't speak for anyone else but if that truly helped keep out non-parents then I'd have no issue paying for it.

I don't think I would pay for a parent section. I love the FB and my parent board friends but am not that serious about it. And my husband would be like, wtf, crazy cheer mom?!?! I support the idea of the national champion concept but at this point cannot justify $20. If that became my only option for access, unfortunately I'd have to step away and slip back into my mini mom obscurity. ;)

Maybe like $1 so you could verify my name by matching credit card. Though that probably would not be a deterrent.

YES! I will pay to make sure that the parent area is secure...how much would it be $5..$10? I pretty certain most of the parents would be up for it.
Yes! I am totally up for you paying for me to be in there! LOL
(Ok, I am just in the silliest mood today!) :eek:

I'm about to sound real stupid, but what exactly does being verified mean? I'm not totally gathering the definition from what I've been reading.

Back