Verified Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I learn everyday! I have to ask, which gym r u out of? Julie out of Gadsden I went to school with.

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

My daughter cheered in Birmingham for several years. I coached the Bows & Arrows till 2011 when I retired. She and another girl then took over the team for me.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || It's real and it's spectacular!

Maybe like $1 so you could verify my name by matching credit card. Though that probably would not be a deterrent.
Good idea, but it would be simple to get around. I know how to online shop and if I wanted to, I could claim I was my mom, use her name, and pay with her credit card. I would just have to go by her name on here. Of course I wouldn't do that but I'm just saying if someone really wanted to get into the parent section, they could

My daughter cheered in Birmingham for several years. I coached the Bows & Arrows till 2011 when I retired. She and another girl then took over the team for me.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || It's real and it's spectacular!
You are an inspiration. When I bought XPA, I made sure that was the first thing we did. I seen Bows and Arrows when my girls started cheering in 2005. That day I fell in love with cheering. We had a team for 4 yrs that we took locally and to Nashville. I am forever thankful for you.

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

Good idea, but it would be simple to get around. I know how to online shop and if I wanted to, I could claim I was my mom, use her name, and pay with her credit card. I would just have to go by her name on here. Of course I wouldn't do that but I'm just saying if someone really wanted to get into the parent section, they could

It would need to be enough money a joker wouldn't want to pay but not you much to be too limiting.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

"Butt-hurt" ? LOL

I don't believe the plan is to verify every cheer mom and dad. Just a handful of people in the industry who's opinions are sometimes valued a little more because of their role in the industry.

That said, I hate the opportunity for people to remain anonymous on message boards. People are so disrespectful and rude. I have to wonder that if everyone was actually forced to OWN their words and statements, would it change the environment here? I think it would--and for the better. Too many people hiding, in my opinion.

For what it's worth, I don't mind if people here know who I am. But I am the only one on the internet with my first and last name, and I don't work in the industry, I work in IT. So unless I'm applying to work as a web developer with Varsity, I don't really want every post I make on the board to show up when a potential employer googles me. I already have to kind of awkwardly that yes, I'm a cheerleader, and no I don't shake pon poms.

I hate sites/google that use your facebook account to post a comment.

They being said, once I'm married, I'll be super anonymous on the internet (yay for common 4-character last names). So maybe I'll be okay with posting with my full name then, as long as I get verified for being the owner of the road to worlds ;)

So to allow people who do make part of their livelihood out of cheerleading AS WELL as inform people when someone who is high up does offer their opinion I created the verified accounts. Sometimes high up is someone who owns a gym, or works at Varsity, coaches a team from a gym that they are willing to put their name on, or a high profile media person.

My new life goal is to make my gym well known enough that my opinion counts and I get to be verified! I guess my previous life goal of making a love connection between Justin and Steven will have to be put on hold for awhile...

Now that I'm home from practice, I got to read the whole thread. People were pretending to be parents just to get into the parent section? Really?! What exactly are you all talking about over there? :confused:

Now that I'm home from practice, I got to read the whole thread. People were pretending to be parents just to get into the parent section? Really?! What exactly are you all talking about over there? :confused:

Actually, the parent section is pretty awesome - we all keep each other in check to prevent Susie's-Mom-itis. It's a good, sane section... that has recently been infiltrated by someone trying to start drama. No drama allowed in the parent section!!

Actually, the parent section is pretty awesome - we all keep each other in check to prevent Susie's-Mom-itis. It's a good, sane section... that has recently been infiltrated by someone trying to start drama. No drama allowed in the parent section!!

Man, I feel like I'm missing out lol

maybe i'm bias because i am anonymous but i really dont see the problem with it (in MOST cases). granted there are people like lolsmileyface and those who are anonymous for the strict reason of hiding and bad mouthing without consequences, but for others (like me) i dont post who i am/where i cheer cause its irrelevant! all but a few of you would have no idea who i am, and you'd MAYBE know my gym. if i were to not be anonymous, my posts wouldnt be any different, and i could promise that. i've always been a little nervous about putting my name/gym online, and thats the only reason i haven't, not to hide. just wanted to clear that up for me personally :)

Back