All-Star Vipers Allstars (maryland)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not getting into the cheating and all that stuff all I'm saying is if I was a Viper parent I would ask to see the paperwork. I don't believe the line about using his address why didn't they use Tom's address. The paperwork that is readily available to the public points to Mr. Sweeney if there is paperwork proving different I would love for it to be made public so people could put their worries to rest. All I have to say is please pay month to month.

Tom and Kasey have been nothing but forthcoming with all the info through every step of this process. They are at the gym everyday, and will answer any question you have. Tom started a new company from scratch, basically. He is building the business side from the ground up, while constantly raising the competitive level of the gym. We are basically "in on the ground floor" with an advantage - great coaches and a family relationship already built.

I think it would be interesting if we put the facts of how every gym started as public matter. In fact, I think people on here that think we are the crazy ones would be shocked at what they would find. And, maybe, just maybe, think twice before making backhanded suggestions.

this might be kinda bad to say ......but im sorta happy i quit vipers last year so i dont have to deal with all the drama.... some of my friends are still on vipers and im wondering how they are handleing all of this. all i know is the people who went to legacy when the ashburn viper gym closed are very happy with there teams........

Tom and Kasey have been nothing but forthcoming with all the info through every step of this process. They are at the gym everyday, and will answer any question you have. Tom started a new company from scratch, basically. He is building the business side from the ground up, while constantly raising the competitive level of the gym. We are basically "in on the ground floor" with an advantage - great coaches and a family relationship already built.

I think it would be interesting if we put the facts of how every gym started as public matter. In fact, I think people on here that think we are the crazy ones would be shocked at what they would find. And, maybe, just maybe, think twice before making backhanded suggestions.
If your referring to how our gym was formed I know every detail I was there from day one when it formed and it's never been a secret. I don't know why your taking this so personally. I am not posting to attack your gym and we are not in competition for athletes since our gyms are over an hour from each other I am posting because I want people to do their research first and if they do that and find your information to be correct that's great and they know they covered all their bases.

I honestly feel for you but hey if the recent improvements are enough to please you and leave you optimistic for the future that's awesome. However the idea that 95% of gyms have skeletons in their closets might be a bit of an exaggeration though lol. You don't get to be successful year after year with a long standing history in this industry with skeletons in your closet. You've witness first hand where having skeletons in his closet got Ron.

lol, okay 85%

I just moved in Oct/Nov to TX from NOVA so I am very familiar with what is available in the VA/MD area... I seem to recall when Vipers took over/bought out/whatever Dynasty and remember hearing (yes straight from a coaches mouth) they would be putting ASL out of business (in particular reference to the Ashburn gym) within a year...guess we know who went out of business within the year! No, I don't think everyone should cheer at Twister. Every program has its pros and cons. I do think you have to find a gym that fits your needs best and I am just saying there are alot of programs to choose from in the area that don't come with all the drama. All Star Cheer is super expensive why gamble when you don't have too, that's all.

a viper coach told you that they would be putting ASL out of business? while we were never part of the VA gym, i am disappointed to hear that anyone said that to you, especially a coach. i like to think that we have more class than that, and i know that a lot of our coaches have a great relationship with the owners and coaches of ASL, i'm sure they would be disappointed to hear that also.

and yes, ron ran vipers cheer & dance into the ground financially. you won't get any arguments from anyone on that, it's a fact, it happened and vipers have moved on under the leadership of Tom and VIP Athletics have absorbed the vipers program. since ron left and tom took over, there is no drama. everyone in the gym is happy, the only drama is what is posted on this thread by members of other local gyms.

for those of you that have paperwork stating nick sweeney is an owner of vipers, please post it. i find it funny that it's try out season and this thread was resurrected after being dead for a month only to have 3-4 competitor gym members post on it.

do i have money to throw around? no, but i am smart enough to pay for everything on my credit card. if something goes down i can dispute it and that doesn't just go for cheer.
discussing nick sweeney & ron levee = :deadhorse:

Yes I know Mr. Sweeney and yes I know Tom as well as several other gym owner and coaches in the industry. Based on what I know I would agree that at least 90% of these people have skeletons in their closest and if you knew the half of how the finances are handled in most gyms you would know where the majority of the money goes. There are many good programs in the area to include vipers. All have and have had their drama and growing pains. Sometime Gyms are a casualty of some bad people out for themselves(Ron). But don’t blame an entire gym or someone else who was not even involved. All the previous info I provided is a matter of public record if you truly knew how to look it up.

for those of you that have paperwork stating nick sweeney is an owner of vipers, please post it. i find it funny that it's try out season and this thread was resurrected after being dead for a month only to have 3-4 competitor gym members post on it.

do i have money to throw around? no, but i am smart enough to pay for everything on my credit card. if something goes down i can dispute it and that doesn't just go for cheer.
discussing nick sweeney & ron levee = :deadhorse:
Actually if you look back a page this post was resurrected by the poster What who was defending vipers. The last post prior to his/hers was on 4/14th which means it was already several pages back and forgotten about when he/she came back and posted on 4/23rd putting it back on page one bringing it back to everyones attention. I don't think it's fair to say that local gyms are posting this stuff to steal athletes. The statement that we brought it back up because it's tryout time is silly considering it's right there a page or two back showing who brought it back up. Since I'm the only one posting from a' local' gym and our gym is over an hour from Vipers. There are many large gyms around Vipers if people chose to leave there they would go to them not our small gym over an hour a way. I was not posting here to be ugly towards Vipers and I resent that that is what you are implying. This post is getting ugly so I'm done posting on here so if you guys stop posting also it will go away like it did the first time before What brought it back.

i find it funny that it's try out season and this thread was resurrected after being dead for a month only to have 3-4 competitor gym members post on it.

I don't live in MD/VA!

Clearly you have made your decision about what gym you want be at and are happy with your decision.

Why are you so stressed about the decisions that other have or will be making?

titaniummom you are not the only person from another gym posting in here so don't take it so personally. what i am saying is that unless ANYONE posting in this thread has FACTS then provide the back up and post it here. all that is being posted are rumors. your gym is also only 30 minutes from vipers, my cp tumbles at your gym, we pass it on our way to vipers & I know because I always say to my cp as we are passing how much closer your gyms i to us. also, as you are aware my cp will be attending evaluations at your gym.

Labegg, no we haven't made a decision as to where my cp will cheer next year. if we lived closer to vipers, based upon the changes that i have seen, absolutely my daughter would be returning for another season but we haven't made that decision yet. also, i'm not quite sure what you mean about me being stressed about decisions others have made? i'm sorry, i have tried to address all of your posts that you have quoted me on and comments directed towards me but i just don't get that one.

My dd has done some tumbling classes at MD Vipers before we started at our current gym and my mom lives right around the corner from them and it takes me a lot longer than 30 minutes but my husband does say I drive too slow so that could be it. Either way if the Viper parents are happy then I'm happy for them.

Back