All-Star Warmup Standards

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My biggest issue is tumbling strips... Warm up tumbling strips are usually THE WORST. Whether they be full of holes, not pushed together, too short, or SLIPPERY.

why would you want your ceiling height the same height as your highest toss?

I encourage anyone that thinks that basket tosses go over 20' to get a measuring tape out, mark it out, find the best college group they can, and see how close they get.

and allowing 4 to 5 minutes before going on to perform after warmups.

I think 5 minutes should be the minimum time between them. Our Senior 4 team went straight from warmups to the comp floor because the EP was behind schedule. They had no time to regroup, have a pep talk, or group prayer. Needless to say, this routine was a complete train wreck. And they had placed first their previous 2 comps.

I encourage anyone that thinks that basket tosses go over 20' to get a measuring tape out, mark it out, find the best college group they can, and see how close they get.

SFA 2004 left opening toe touch basket. I would place a small wager that is over 20' easily.

I can't find 2004. But this opening basket when this flyer is at her apex she is about 3 1/2 times the base that is closest to the camera.

If he was exactly 6 feet tall then she's around 21 feet in the air to her toe. As well I would count that baskets that tall would like some extra room for clearance and comfortability. at least 4 feet?

basketu.jpg

I can't find 2004. But this opening basket when this flyer is at her apex she is about 3 1/2 times the base that is closest to the camera.

If he was exactly 6 feet tall then she's around 21 feet in the air to her toe. As well I would count that baskets that tall would like some extra room for clearance and comfortability. at least 4 feet?

basketu.jpg

So should we knock out a substantial number of venues because sfa can do a 21 ft basket? What's the height on stingrays ceilings?

So should we knock out a substantial number of venues because sfa can do a 21 ft basket? What's the height on stingrays ceilings?

That wasn't the question. The question was is there anyone that can throw a basket that high.

I will add non-flipping baskets go a few feet higher because all of the energy imparted to the flyer by the group is only used to propel the flyer upwards and not flip.

I am not sure of what our ceilings are but we do have to creatively arrange our baskets around lights (we do remember that ceilings have lights that hang down... yes?).

Creatively arrange around our open teams, not our normal teams. I forgot that part.

uca? in hollywood studios? although atleast this warm-up is not completely unsafe as "warming up in a tent in a parking lot" sounds..

I can't say 'a tent' is really that bad. Full spring floor, decent amount of time, and good ceiling height and you could use a tent.

I can't say 'a tent' is really that bad. Full spring floor, decent amount of time, and good ceiling height and you could use a tent.
exactly. I was worried about the heat, but they somehow kept it pretty cool in there so I never had anything to complain about that warm-up.

I seem to remember when I was younger, maybe 2002 or 2003, it was not as efficient however. They would actually have 1 or 2 single panel mats outside of the tent that could be used...and people were tumbling and stunting on them...

i hate when the comp floor is on a stage and the front of the mat ends where the stage ends -___-.... sometimes u step out of bounds and i would not be to happy if i fell off a stage because there wasnt a lil buffer room there

That wasn't the question. The question was is there anyone that can throw a basket that high.

I will add non-flipping baskets go a few feet higher because all of the energy imparted to the flyer by the group is only used to propel the flyer upwards and not flip.

I am not sure of what our ceilings are but we do have to creatively arrange our baskets around lights (we do remember that ceilings have lights that hang down... yes?).

I know, but cheersafety was suggesting a minimum of 25ft and you were giving the example of one of the baskets that would need all 25ft to do it safely.

I think that its overkill to require a minimum of 2.5 basketball goals or nearly 2.5 stories of ceiling height when 17 ft more than adequately accommodates over 90% of the cheer population. Maybe worlds bids events need 25ft.

As to how I would set up an efficient warm up-

2 18x54 stunt mats 8 mins
2 18x70 spring tumbling strips 8 mins
1 54x42 non spring floor 4 mins
wait 8 mins then perform

the stunt and tumbling mats timing would be staggered by 4 minutes-
Team 1 gets on Stunt mat A at 2:00 moves to Tumbling mat A at 2:08 to the full floor at 2:16 moves to holding at 2:20 and performs at 2:28
Team 2 gets on Stunt mat B at 2:04 moves to Tumbling mat B at 2:12 to the full floor at 2:20 moves to holding at 2:24and performs at 2:32

Back