All-Star Warmup Standards

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The last one may be cost prohibitive for smaller comps.

I think that 12x42 stunt, 12x70 spring strip, and full size non spring is sufficient, not perfect but sufficient

I think the point of standards is to make them follow certain safety standards though. I still believe a full spring now because of the combination of skills now. For example... Ace Warriors pyramid could not be warmed up correctly hard floor.

I think the point of standards is to make them follow certain safety standards though. I still believe a full spring now because of the combination of skills now. For example... Ace Warriors pyramid could not be warmed up correctly hard floor.
I think maybe if you are a smaller competition and won't have a full spring floor but would have a full hard floor, you should have to add that to the website too. That way you can modify your routine if that would be a problem warming up beforehand and not have to make last minute changes.

I think maybe if you are a smaller competition and won't have a full spring floor but would have a full hard floor, you should have to add that to the website too. That way you can modify your routine if that would be a problem warming up beforehand and not have to make last minute changes.

Ok, so slight change. What if the standards were for a fully USASF approved warmup were listed and if you were anywhere below the standards you had to make all gyms registering sign a waiver that they recognize these competitions don't meet the standards recognized by the USASF for warming up?

That way a 12 minute warmup, full spring floor... 25' ceiling clearance could get a Gold Start (whatever it is) but when you go to another smaller competition they are before hand telling you 'understand that when you come to our competition we are not meeting the USASF guidelines that these are the best situation for warmups).

Ok, so slight change. What if the standards were for a fully USASF approved warmup were listed and if you were anywhere below the standards you had to make all gyms registering sign a waiver that they recognize these competitions don't meet the standards recognized by the USASF for warming up?

That way a 12 minute warmup, full spring floor... 25' ceiling clearance could get a Gold Start (whatever it is) but when you go to another smaller competition they are before hand telling you 'understand that when you come to our competition we are not meeting the USASF guidelines that these are the best situation for warmups).
I think smaller competitions are going to hate that but since I am not an EP I think thats really the best option for the atheltes who are the ones who have to warm-up. A good way to know what to expect.

I think smaller competitions are going to hate that but since I am not an EP I think thats really the best option for the atheltes who are the ones who have to warm-up. A good way to know what to expect.

OK, here is what I got. Smaller competitions who cannot change venues might be hard pressed to follow any guidelines. So a form that is required to be signed by every participating program would allow each competition to continue on as always BUT force their attendees to decide if their warmups that are not regulation are worth it.

Here is my five minute form:

Attachments

• ATTENTION.pdf
    29.5 KB · Views: 231
how horribly embarrassing is it that I have a typo in there? on a scale of 1-10.

OK, here is what I got. Smaller competitions who cannot change venues might be hard pressed to follow any guidelines. So a form that is required to be signed by every participating program would allow each competition to continue on as always BUT force their attendees to decide if their warmups that are not regulation are worth it.

Here is my five minute form:

I like this! That way the coaches know exactly what is not the same and smaller competitions won't have to discontinue because they don't have the means for the appropriate warm-up. I like to know what kind of warm up I am going to have so this will fix everything. and hopefully more competitions are going to strive for the Usasf approved warm-up for obvious reasons.

It means you would knowingly allow your team to compete at a non-USASF approved warmup.

its kind of the I know a 7 year old with a full, so there should be a mini 5 division type argument. All of our teams incorporate tumbling into either their stunts or their pyramids and warm up just fine on hard floor. Of course I would prefer to have a spring floor, but do I want to get charged 20 or 30 more per kid to have it?

Obviously I don't know this for sure, but I'm guessing the warriors have warmed up that particular skill on a hard floor before and did just fine

its kind of the I know a 7 year old with a full, so there should be a mini 5 division type argument. All of our teams incorporate tumbling into either their stunts or their pyramids and warm up just fine on hard floor. Of course I would prefer to have a spring floor, but do I want to get charged 20 or 30 more per kid to have it?

Obviously I don't know this for sure, but I'm guessing the warriors have warmed up that particular skill on a hard floor before and did just fine

or just widen the spring strip to 18

I think all competitions should publish their warm up format regardless of meeting standards

Would forcing coaches to sign a piece of paper that says they do not meet the recommended standards by the USASF be a bad idea?

Would forcing coaches to sign a piece of paper that says they do not meet the recommended standards by the USASF be a bad idea?

not a bad idea, but I'm all for eliminating paper work. Perhaps a USASF Approved Seal for the ones who do meet the standards that they can display on their warm up page and in their advertising?

Knowing what to expect is the main thing. I remember a comp (haven't been back) a few years ago that didn't have a full size warm up floor at all (something like 36 x 50ish) in a Band Room with maybe 13 ft ceilings and our tumble warm up was out on the performance floor during a break like a half hour before our warm up time. If I had known ahead of time, I probably would have skipped it all together that year.

How about competent staff running warm up? People who are not afraid to stand up to that coach that thinks using extra time is okay. Also, the big clocks help. Nothing like being told that you have "about 5 min on each mat".

Bahaha. "About" 5 minutes. No honey, I get 5 full minutes, and I time it on my watch. And for the coach that unplugged the stereo after your team got finished at warmup, karma WILL get you someday. Sorry, I become a psycho when warmups get sloppy.

lol i went to a competition in sandusky ohio and the first warm up we had there was a huge glass chandelier in the middle of the ceiling

Yeah this is the venue i was talking about in my post. It is awful to have to move a whole formation forward or backward or not do it all all because of the room. Why have a warm up room where there's huge chandelier in it? not practical!!

Back