Washing Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 20, 2017
I'm sure this will already be a thread somewhere but I can't find it so apologies for duplicating! Does anyone have any advice regarding washing varsity uniforms? I have found the advice sheet given by varsity but my problem usually arises when the uniform is drying and the colours start to bleed! Any advice or tips would be great :)

I'm sure this will already be a thread somewhere but I can't find it so apologies for duplicating! Does anyone have any advice regarding washing varsity uniforms? I have found the advice sheet given by varsity but my problem usually arises when the uniform is drying and the colours start to bleed! Any advice or tips would be great :)

I've always washed mine inside a lingerie bag on gentle cycle. I use All free & clear laundry detergent and Downy unstoppables. I lay them out to dry. Never had an issue with colors running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always washed mine inside a lingerie bag on gentle cycle. I use All free & clear laundry detergent and Downy unstoppables. I lay them out to dry. Never had an issue with colors running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was hoping a knowledgeable cheer mum would reply, thank you very much!

The Varsity care sheet says to use warm water for the first wash and cold after. I never put a uniform in warm water. I have done other things that way because the instructions advised it and had color bleed problems.

I have always put the uniforms inside out and then in a pillow case in the washing machine on gentle cycle cold water but with regular liquid detergent. We have new uniforms this year and they are white and I am afraid to put it in the washing machine. I get the uniform wet, rub zote soap all over it, scrub any stains and then let the uniform soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes, rinse, squeeze out the water but not tightly so it is still pretty wet, but then I lay the uniform on a towel and roll the towel to get the excess water out, and then lay flat to dry. It has worked well so far and has been one of the only things to take the oder out. Even machine washing left a hint of nastiness.

I wash mine separately from the rest of my clothes, on a gentle cycle. Don't forget to use Cheer brand detergent, because that's specifically designed for cheer uniforms, hence the name!

Back