All-Star Wc Shooting Stars Arena

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If Victor and Kristen built the Large Coed Amphitheater I would:

A) Be happy we had the funds and numbers to expand

B) Know that they own Top Gun and accept their decision b/c they have the ultimate say so and in the end you take the good w/ the bad (not saying it's bad, just my rationale)

C) Be content with it b/c like WC and Stars our programs INITIAL success was based on the accolades and accomplishments of Large Coed.

While each and every coach and athlete works just as hard in their perspective levels, our gyms biggest and best marketing tool has been and IMO will continue to be Large Coed, and their reputation along with our continued committment to excellence.

In short...I think the name fits...

Also just an FYI for everyone. Its not as extreme as everyone is thinking. It's not like you are blinded by shooting star items when you walk in the Arena. Or that you feel weird or uncomfortable if you are on another team and walk in.

Not to mention, the regular gym has shooting star paraphernalia all over it. The majority of the things in the gym are shooting star trophies, pictures, banners, uniforms. No one has a problem when it is shooting stars being talked about in a magazine article, or the ones being invited to be the gLee cheerleaders for fox, or when they get to perform on broadway with a legend, or how about when there was a World Cup athlete on the cover of american cheerleader magazine wearing a shooting stars uniform who was never a Shooting Star.

When any company in the world uses something for marketing, they use the best thing they have to offer. I could think of 5000 examples. When looking at a resort for vacation do you see the pictures of the smallest rooms, with the oldest furniture? No. Does continental advertise its small propeller planes that people are afraid to fly on? No. Would HP advertise the computer they have that barely does anything and is slower than most computers were 5 years ago? No. Do car manufacturers show you the base model in advertisements with roll down windows and no AC? No. Does Varsity promote that competition that only 25 teams attended last year and was in a high school gym with bareley any seating? No.

I don't think anybody has a problem with them naming it "Shooting Stars Arena" because of the legacy, I think people were having a problem with some of you completely throwing Ody and Suns into the trash like they are last week's dinner. Considering the spectacle I hear they make of becoming a shooting star, they BETTER be the best dang team at that gym every freakin year! But that being said, I would probably still be able to sleep at night if I was on Odyssey or Suns. Some of you posters make it seem that the other 400+ athletes at World Cup wake up in the morning and repeatedly chant "I wanna be a shooting star!" under their breath throughout the day, 24/7. I feel like people are defending Odyssey and Suns because posters are making it seem like their own gym is looking down upon them. They can name their second gym whatever the heck they wanna name it, but it shouldn't come down to people (especially fans of the program) degrading another team at the gym to rationalize the name.

Also just an FYI for everyone. Its not as extreme as everyone is thinking. It's not like you are blinded by shooting star items when you walk in the Arena. Or that you feel weird or uncomfortable if you are on another team and walk in.

Not to mention, the regular gym has shooting star paraphernalia all over it. The majority of the things in the gym are shooting star trophies, pictures, banners, uniforms. No one has a problem when it is shooting stars being talked about in a magazine article, or the ones being invited to be the gLee cheerleaders for fox, or when they get to perform on broadway with a legend, or how about when there was a World Cup athlete on the cover of american cheerleader magazine wearing a shooting stars uniform who was never a Shooting Star.

When any company in the world uses something for marketing, they use the best thing they have to offer. I could think of 5000 examples. When looking at a resort for vacation do you see the pictures of the smallest rooms, with the oldest furniture? No. Does continental advertise its small propeller planes that people are afraid to fly on? No. Would HP advertise the computer they have that barely does anything and is slower than most computers were 5 years ago? No. Do car manufacturers show you the base model in advertisements with roll down windows and no AC? No. Does Varsity promote that competition that only 25 teams attended last year and was in a high school gym with bareley any seating? No.

whaaaaaaaattttt..................?

I don't think anybody has a problem with them naming it "Shooting Stars Arena" because of the legacy, I think people were having a problem with some of you completely throwing Ody and Suns into the trash like they are last week's dinner. Considering the spectacle I hear they make of becoming a shooting star, they BETTER be the best dang team at that gym every freakin year! But that being said, I would probably still be able to sleep at night if I was on Odyssey or Suns. Some of you posters make it seem that the other 400+ athletes at World Cup wake up in the morning and repeatedly chant "I wanna be a shooting star!" under their breath throughout the day, 24/7. I feel like people are defending Odyssey and Suns because posters are making it seem like their own gym is looking down upon them. They can name their second gym whatever the heck they wanna name it, but it shouldn't come down to people (especially fans of the program) degrading another team at the gym to rationalize the name.
I don't think people are doing that. I have loved Odyssey for years, and one of my best friends now was on Odyssey. And I'm friends with many people who have been on O in the past. They've always felt the need to prove themselves etc because of the shadow cast. That being said, they are very well aware that stars is the premiere team, and for lack of better words, Stars is the team that performs better in terms of bringing home the gold. No one has ever said to these girls and boys, oh you can't do that cause youre not on Stars. Or you'll never win since you're not on that team. etc. They are treated the same way i'm sure the majority of teams are.

I feel like this is almost saying, oh Stars are going to Spirit Sports in Cali this year because they are way better and Suns and O can't go because they suck. It's nothing like that and is just simply because Stars are Stars.

I feel like this is almost saying, oh Stars are going to Spirit Sports in Cali this year because they are way better and Suns and O can't go because they suck. It's nothing like that and is just simply because Stars are Stars.

first spirit sports, then it's gonna be car commercials in japan.

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing and even with Panthers being CA's top level senior age team(IMO) they weren't always called Panthers, it was Superkatz. (Just using this as an example) No other gym started with a special name for their very first team and continued that name to bring them 3 world titles and 5 world globes, so really you can't compare it to any other program and their most current "elite" team. It's about the history behind the name not the present fame.

Not that it matters to this discussion much, but we have had a senior team named Panthers every year since 1995. The "Supercats" name was used for Worlds only in 2004-5. The Wildcat name has also been used every year since 1995. The divisions and grid has completely changed so many times since the 90s that it is hard to define who has "been in the same division."

Back