All-Star Wc Shooting Stars Arena

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't want you to think I am attacking you personally with this post because I am in no way trying to do so, it is just an honest observation/question, or whatever you would like to call it.

Does every kid in the WC gym really want to be on Shooting Stars? I see where they are the team who has the most popularity, the have had the most success for the program and it is an invite only tryout, but I find it a little big to say that nearly all those kids want to be on Shooting Stars. I find Odyssey and Suns to be just as good as Stars. Ody and Suns have amazing talent, know how to entertain a crowd and both teams have had there own great successes, with Ody in previous and recent years while with Suns in their first year. I don't doubt that a lot of the girl in the program do truly want to be on Stars, but I just find it hard to believe that every child does want to be on Stars, and I may be wrong and that's fine.

Like I said I'm not trying to attack you. I do not know anything within the World Cup program as you do, this is just a observation from an outside perspective.

so I'm guessing that you think people from cea dont wanna be on senior elite, twisters don't wanna be on f5, cheer athletics people don't wanna be on panthers, young people at top gun don't wanna be on unlimited/ semi? that's stupid to think.

Well I would have to say that everyone I personally know wants to be a shooting star. (maybe some do not but that is not the norm...) That is just the way it is. It is the premiere team in the gym. Even the boys wish they could be on SS!!!! If you are a level 5 athelete and travel a good way and pay lots of $$ and work really hard it is not really that far fetched to want to be on that team. The mentality af an amazing athlete is to be the best and on the best team. The path to SS is not always direct.
I am not taking anything away from Ody or Suns... they are amazing and plenty of kids from those teams do end up getting invites to try out for stars eventually. It is the motivation to be on SS that keeps the other teams working hard, being a leader and a well rounded athlete.
So it is really a whole cheer cirlcle of life. The Arena is called Shooting Star Arena and it really doesn't seem to bother anyone that is at WC. All teams will use it when needed. And the parents can use it to for Zumba!! lol:)

I don't want you to think I am attacking you personally with this post because I am in no way trying to do so, it is just an honest observation/question, or whatever you would like to call it.

Does every kid in the WC gym really want to be on Shooting Stars? I see where they are the team who has the most popularity, the have had the most success for the program and it is an invite only tryout, but I find it a little big to say that nearly all those kids want to be on Shooting Stars. I find Odyssey and Suns to be just as good as Stars. Ody and Suns have amazing talent, know how to entertain a crowd and both teams have had there own great successes, with Ody in previous and recent years while with Suns in their first year. I don't doubt that a lot of the girl in the program do truly want to be on Stars, but I just find it hard to believe that every child does want to be on Stars, and I may be wrong and that's fine.

Like I said I'm not trying to attack you. I do not know anything within the World Cup program as you do, this is just a observation from an outside perspective.

There are a handful of girls that don't want to be on stars, but Stars are always at the top of their division and come with things like medaling 5 years in a row at worlds and being the flagship. Sure there are people that don't fit the majority, but I would say more than 75% would want to be on stars. There is only 1 girl in the program to date that I can recall not taking the invite to stars and she was one of the most talented girls that Odyssey ever had.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

I would think 99% if not 100% of WC athletes want to be a Shooting Star. Just like any other gym with a premiere team. Except for the dudes....hmmm, well maybe!

so I'm guessing that you think people from cea dont wanna be on senior elite, twisters don't wanna be on f5, cheer athletics people don't wanna be on panthers, young people at top gun don't wanna be on unlimited/ semi? that's stupid to think.

I am not sure about all of the other gyms, but CEA has had girls choose to leave Senior Elite and go to Coed Elite or Small Seniors.

I don't understand why World Cup fans are getting so defensive about people questioning the name. If any other gym built an arena and named it after one of their teams, then people would accuse them of favoritism too. Just think of the uproar that would be caused if Courtney built a "Senior Elite Stadium". IMO it is favoritism, but thats okay because I am not an athlete in that gym and it doesn't effect me so my opinion doesn't matter. If the other athletes are okay with it, then everyone else should be okay with it too.

I am sorry if that didn't really make much sense. Summary of what I am saying: If you don't cheer for World Cup, then it doesn't effect you and you shouldn't care. If you do cheer for World Cup, I hope that you are excited for the opportunity to work out in such a cool new space.

P.S.- Someone please take more pictures and post them!!! Or maybe like a brief video tour?

Okay, I think there's some confusion but can someone tell me if this is correct just to clear the air..
The arena isn't necessarily named after the TEAM but the LEGACY of the World Cup gym which just happens to stem from the name Shooting Stars.

basically

Okay, I think there's some confusion but can someone tell me if this is correct just to clear the air..
The arena isn't necessarily named after the TEAM but the LEGACY of the World Cup gym which just happens to stem from the name Shooting Stars.
Pretty much. SS was the first team World Cup ever had, and paved the way for the rest of the program to grow and come to be. Everybody is getting their panties in a bunch about this because they think that it's only about/for the current SS- it's basically about the history of world cup.

I am not sure about all of the other gyms, but CEA has had girls choose to leave Senior Elite and go to Coed Elite or Small Seniors.

I don't understand why World Cup fans are getting so defensive about people questioning the name. If any other gym built an arena and named it after one of their teams, then people would accuse them of favoritism too. Just think of the uproar that would be caused if Courtney built a "Senior Elite Stadium". IMO it is favoritism, but thats okay because I am not an athlete in that gym and it doesn't effect me so my opinion doesn't matter. If the other athletes are okay with it, then everyone else should be okay with it too.

I am sorry if that didn't really make much sense. Summary of what I am saying: If you don't cheer for World Cup, then it doesn't effect you and you shouldn't care. If you do cheer for World Cup, I hope that you are excited for the opportunity to work out in such a cool new space.

P.S.- Someone please take more pictures and post them!!! Or maybe like a brief video tour?

And how long has Cheer Extreme's large senior team been calling themselves Sr. Elite? J/W
I don't really take it as defensive they are just explaining the history and facts that goes along with it so that people who don't truly know about it at least have some knowledge of why they decided on that name, whether they think it's favoritism or not. Everyone's always going to gossip and give their opinions on other gyms decisions so I'll just play along.

who cares if its favoritism or not. for 99% of you, you'll never step foot inside either WC facitlity so it doesnt matter. if mrs. pascale wanted to name it after another team, or even just "world cup building #2" for that matter, she couldve. but she didnt. out of all the teams in existence today, shooting stars are probably the one team that has been around for the most number of years. i dont see why every gym doesnt want to dedicate an arena to them. i would.

The building isn't about the SS we know today. This battle over favoritism is irrelevant because the gym was built to honor the first team ever started at World Cup, which is SS. Even if was built for the current team, think about it. They are their best team (don't even say what about Odyssey or Suns because you would be crazy), you have to be INVITED to even try out and many girls across the country, even the world would kill to be on that team. In that program they would be the first candidate to have a gym dedicated to them and it wouldn't be any of our business.

You can't compare some of the gyms people listed, because either A-Although their level 5 team is HORRENDOUSLY prestigious, it's the only level 5 team they have at the gym (Like TG, NOT counting IO/IOC [because those two seem to genuinely be for older athletes]), B-BOTH/ALL of their Senior level 5 teams have had constant medal finishes/golds at Worlds (CA-both size panthers teams, wildcats/cheetahs, jags when they were small senior) and are therefore equally desirable (ACE has a large # of level 5s as well). How would you choose between Lady Bullets, Cali Coed, or even SMOED?

The only two gyms I MIGHT consider in that previous assessment were MT, and in some people's opinion CEA, although I know for the latter that's not always the case (maybe in the last 4 years?) and for the former, we seem to give Reign PLENTY of love on here. Even supercells.. Just throwing that out there because it tickled my brain funny.. :D

You can't compare some of the gyms people listed, because either A-Although their level 5 team is HORRENDOUSLY prestigious, it's the only level 5 team they have at the gym (Like TG, NOT counting IO/IOC [because those two seem to genuinely be for older athletes]), B-BOTH/ALL of their Senior level 5 teams have had constant medal finishes/golds at Worlds (CA-both size panthers teams, wildcats/cheetahs, jags when they were small senior) and are therefore equally desirable (ACE has a large # of level 5s as well). How would you choose between Lady Bullets, Cali Coed, or even SMOED?

The only two gyms I MIGHT consider in that previous assessment were MT, and in some people's opinion CEA, although I know for the latter that's not always the case (maybe in the last 4 years?) and for the former, we seem to give Reign PLENTY of love on here. Even supercells.. Just throwing that out there because it tickled my brain funny.. :D

Very true! You always have such insightful posts with that lovely avatar of yours:) I've com to picture you in my mind as that image hahah

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing and even with Panthers being CA's top level senior age team(IMO) they weren't always called Panthers, it was Superkatz. (Just using this as an example) No other gym started with a special name for their very first team and continued that name to bring them 3 world titles and 5 world globes, so really you can't compare it to any other program and their most current "elite" team. It's about the history behind the name not the present fame.

Think of it this way: A soccer program, originally coached by Mike Susie, has become wildly successful and needs to build another practice field. The first team, which started the program, is coached by Mike Susie. They decide to build a new practice field called the Mike Susie Arena. It's obvious that it is named that because Mike Susie was the founder of the program, not the best or favorite coach!

..just trying to put it in perspective haha

Back