All-Star Wc Shooting Stars Arena

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is ridic.....just congratulate them and stop making a mountain out a mole hill

No mountain being made what so ever... quite proud to have been part of the program.. just made a statement that by my count there was one missing in the picture.

I was in it today ....it's beautiful! You can still smell the brand new carpet smell lol Congrats to them how exciting to have enough kids to need all that space! Quite a nice accomplishment if you ask me :)

No mountain being made what so ever... quite proud to have been part of the program.. just made a statement that by my count there was one missing in the picture.

I didnt mean for for WC to stop, I meant other people who was making a big deal about how WC only likes one of their teams

Suns is sort of new so it's understandable that that team isn't favored but they're still great! And Odyssey... Why don't they ever get any credit?? Personally, Ody was m favorite so maybe it should be like a level 5 arena for younger/lower level athletes can have something to look up to instead of just wanting to be on stars. I don't know just a thought.

Suns is sort of new so it's understandable that that team isn't favored but they're still great! And Odyssey... Why don't they ever get any credit?? Personally, Ody was m favorite so maybe it should be like a level 5 arena for younger/lower level athletes can have something to look up to instead of just wanting to be on stars. I don't know just a thought.
This gym is a gym for odyssey as well, other teams are allowed to practice in it when stars are not there. Its no secret at WC that shooting stars are the premier team, so having an "arena" named after them is just respect.

and the nice thing about this "arena" that you don't get from the pictures is that its really open. It has a much different feel than the other gym while still keeping it similar.

I think it would be prudent to go back and read the post prior to comminting on it. You would than understand that the name is not slighting any team or group at World Cup. It is a well know fact that The Shooting Stars are the Team to be on at World Cup. The Gym was built from this one team and it is the goal for most girls in the gym with skills to be on that team. As I am sure happens with most gyms around. There is always THE TEAM from the GYM. Please Understand that team for WC is the Shooting Stars. You ask a Dipper or Twinkle what team they want to be on and the responce would be Shooting Stars.

Understand the history of World Cup and what built the program to be what it is today. It took the vision of an ex baskatball coach and 16 girls to create one team and they were called the Shooting Stars, which in turn created the multitude of teams the gym has today. That is why it is called the "Shooting Star Arena" Sentimental reasons ONLY. Yes the Shooting Stars will be practicing out of that arena but so will other teams as well as clinics.

I understand the concern that having a gym named the Shooting Star arena would make other athletes feel inferior but it is actually a very positive and motivating adjustment. Like "NoOneSpecIal" said, The entire World Cup program was started by the very first team, "The Shooting Stars", and they were not nearly as talented as today. World Cup is a gym where every athlete is appreciated and I think it is wonderful to dedicate a gym to such excellence and tradition that started from day One. Shooting Stars are not only World Famous and Idolized, but they were the very start of the World Cup Program. I see it as an act of Tradition and continuing a Dynasty. ;-)

You do realize that Shooting Stars was the very first named team that Elaine had. It has been the flagship team of World Cup for almost 20 years. It is the gyms trade mark and legacy. Why would it be named anything else? From what I understand the decor will be all of the past Shooting Star Uniforms, and pictures of the past teams and alumni. The gym will not just be for the Shooting Stars, other teams will practice there. Think about what you say before you post, Do you really think that they would open a new gym only for one team, that will use it 3 days for 7 hrs a week. no gym owner could do that.
People, It is JUST A NAME.!! It is not an exclusive gym just for the Stars, get a grip folks.

It is a well know fact that The Shooting Stars are the Team to be on at World Cup. The Gym was built from this one team and it is the goal for most girls in the gym with skills to be on that team. As I am sure happens with most gyms around. There is always THE TEAM from the GYM. Please Understand that team for WC is the Shooting Stars. You ask a Dipper or Twinkle what team they want to be on and the responce would be Shooting Stars

I don't want you to think I am attacking you personally with this post because I am in no way trying to do so, it is just an honest observation/question, or whatever you would like to call it.

Does every kid in the WC gym really want to be on Shooting Stars? I see where they are the team who has the most popularity, the have had the most success for the program and it is an invite only tryout, but I find it a little big to say that nearly all those kids want to be on Shooting Stars. I find Odyssey and Suns to be just as good as Stars. Ody and Suns have amazing talent, know how to entertain a crowd and both teams have had there own great successes, with Ody in previous and recent years while with Suns in their first year. I don't doubt that a lot of the girl in the program do truly want to be on Stars, but I just find it hard to believe that every child does want to be on Stars, and I may be wrong and that's fine.

Like I said I'm not trying to attack you. I do not know anything within the World Cup program as you do, this is just a observation from an outside perspective.

Just wait until you guys see Top Gun's new Moonbase facility. It takes a while to get there, but the view of the Earth is phenominal.

Haha... I kid... very nice WC! My daughter is so looking forward to seeing you at Hot Shots! She is planning a road trip with a few of her friends this summer and they really want to go to WC. They are so excited!!

From kiana's twitter:
"Just walked into a zumba class in the shooting star arena"

See I told y'all it wasn't just for Shooting Stars. ;)

Back