We Don't Do That In Cheer.....sorry

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kiara N. has done Onodis in routines before, I don't remember what year, but she definitely has. Maybe Cali Coed 2010? 2011? I have definitely seen them on multiple occasions by other people too, don't remember teams though.
I feel like Laney has done onodis in some of her passes during the seasons she cheered also. I love the look of them and wish more gyms used them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My coach is always asking me to do that kind of stuff too. I wanted to work layouts after getting tucks, he suggested pikes. It's a logical progression in the gymnastics world to get you opening your tuck but rotating faster than in a lay. You just don't see them in cheer. There's nothing wrong with doing more progressions to get a harder skill. It will probably make your skill better in the long run because you've worked more progressions.

YES! I did pikes as well and I'm glad I was taught this way because it definitely helped my layout. Also, I can feel when my layouts are too "pikey" so I'm better at self correcting than most cheerleaders (those are my coach's words not mine hehe) :rolleyes:

I started beginner adult gymnastics before I started cheer and in a year apart from being fitter I hadn't progressed so did an open gym somewhere else and no one helped me as I was trying handstands and rolls while others were doing tucks and fulls. When I joined my previous team I got instruction from really good coaches but I was still struggling with the most basic skills so my coach sent me to a different gymnastics gym as he knew that they would help. I got a really nice forward roll in one session when I tried for over a year all because the mechanics of the skill was broken up.

So simple but not all gymnastics gyms are good and vice versa for cheer gyms when it comes to tumbling

Back