High School Wearing Uniforms To School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

we wear a long sleeve t-neck crop top(or bodysuit) under ours always. it's pretty much apart of the uniform, maybe that's the "body linen" you are all talking about. i don't know. but at our school, we have to put our hands straight down by our sides and if your finger tips go past the shorts/skirt, it's too short. but our coach gives us an option to wear whatever on game days, she doesn't really care. some girls on my team just think the uniform "makes them look fat" so they don't want to wear it to school where we already get little to no respect.

We don't wear our uniforms to school. If there's a pep rally the band and the cheerleaders get out early to get ready and the band to get instruments and warm up. They probably wouldn't care if we would though, because our dress code really isn't inforced.

this dress code thing is getting out of hand....freedom of speech. Clothing is an expression of who we are. School is worse for my daughter than it was for me and I had no dress code!

we wear a long sleeve t-neck crop top(or bodysuit) under ours always. it's pretty much apart of the uniform, maybe that's the "body linen" you are all talking about. i don't know. but at our school, we have to put our hands straight down by our sides and if your finger tips go past the shorts/skirt, it's too short. but our coach gives us an option to wear whatever on game days, she doesn't really care. some girls on my team just think the uniform "makes them look fat" so they don't want to wear it to school where we already get little to no respect.
We're from the same school, and i must agree, but at the same time. We also do get some respect. Our program is really turning around, but the dress code isnt the issue with our uniforms. It is more so that our school was built on a swamp and is litterly sinking. It's quite cold. And my uniform when i was on varsity just barely covered my butt. Sooo not wearing that to school :confused:

...What does your volleyball team play in.

If they wear the tight compression shorts...I would start there...If you really want to press the issue

But do the volleyball players wear the spandex during school or at the games? Thank you. Try to conference with your principal to see what exactly is "wrong" with your uniform. Is it your skirt? Your shell? Also, you could get different matching t-shirts and wear jeans or yoga pants to class.

At my school the cheerleaders get special polos that we wear on game days. They are cute, and not near as hot as uniforms.

At my school (private catholic high school) every sport has to wear game day the day before their game. It's a mesh blue shirt and our liturgy skirt :/
My school kisses the floor the football players walk on so they can wear what they want. Also on game day we cheerleaders have to give rah Rahs (candy) to them. They are so mean about it sometimes. And each person has about 5 boys to cover. So on average I spend near $100 a week for football. Haha :)

Also on game day we cheerleaders have to give rah Rahs (candy) to them. They are so mean about it sometimes. And each person has about 5 boys to cover. So on average I spend near $100 a week for football. Haha :)

Crazy! We gave all our football players candy and water before a game one time and decorated their locker room and they loved it! It was pretty expensive though, especially to pay it out of your own pocket...

Crazy! We gave all our football players candy and water before a game one time and decorated their locker room and they loved it! It was pretty expensive though, especially to pay it out of your own pocket...

Ya it was really expensive, but as much as I do hate doing it, I still like decorating everything with glitter and writing their number on it haha. Also we were trying to decorate their locker room for playoffs but the school thinks its tacky and they don't want girls in there.....which is funny cause girls are in there all the time

The girls I coach wear their uniforms to school on every game day, and the Friday before if they have a Saturday game. Also on pep rally days (which there's usually a game that day anyway). We are very strict on their uniforms at school, neither myself nor the head coach are on-campus coaches, but the girls know that we have been known to drop by throughout the school day unannounced. When wearing uniforms to school they must have their hair up & bow in, cheer shoes & no show socks. They can wear their warm ups of course, but we got them those sweatshirt material, letterman looking new jackets from Varsity this year and they cannot wear those with their uniform - only their warm ups. It's a small Catholic school so they have school uniforms and they usually wear their letterman-type jacket or warm up jacket to school when it's cold instead of the school hoodie or cardigan. It looks great cause they totally match their school uniform but lets them stand out on regular school uniform dress days!

At my school the cheerleaders get special polos that we wear on game days. They are cute, and not near as hot as uniforms.
Okay, you just offended me big time.....using the word "hot" in reference to a cheerleading uni is so 80's.....is is skimpy, yea, but that is necessary. We are trying to make this a ligit sport.....so "hot" is defenitely setting us a few years back.....A swimmer in their bathing suit on a school team is not referred to as "hot" and they have on much less......lets keep things in prespective......That is one of the reasons why I do not care for Cheerleading uniforms in school during the school day.....

Okay, you just offended me big time.....using the word "hot" in reference to a cheerleading uni is so 80's.....is is skimpy, yea, but that is necessary. We are trying to make this a ligit sport.....so "hot" is defenitely setting us a few years back.....A swimmer in their bathing suit on a school team is not referred to as "hot" and they have on much less......lets keep things in prespective......That is one of the reasons why I do not care for Cheerleading uniforms in school during the school day.....

I think she meant "hot" as in it is very warm to wear their uniforms during the school day. We did this sometimes when I was in high school, we would wear our jerseys to school on game day because in Southern California at the beginning football season, it'd be anywhere from 80-100 degrees during the day. Wearing the thick polyester uniforms, and usually with a bodyliner to adhere to dress code, can get sweaty and uncomfortable.

I think she meant "hot" as in it is very warm to wear their uniforms during the school day. We did this sometimes when I was in high school, we would wear our jerseys to school on game day because in Southern California at the beginning football season, it'd be anywhere from 80-100 degrees during the day. Wearing the thick polyester uniforms, and usually with a bodyliner to adhere to dress code, can get sweaty and uncomfortable.
I agree - I took it as temp reference. ;)

I agree - I took it as temp reference. ;)

Ain't nothin' like going to 6 class periods, driving over an hour on a school bus to get to an away game, then sitting through & supporting the JV game in full cheer hair & make up and a thick polyester uni with a turtleneck liner! And then of course it wouldn't cool down until the varsity game started at 6 :mad: the joys of Los Angeles area high school games! But I can't imagine what it must be like in humid regions like the south!

Back