Welcome To Broadway

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

E

Editor

Read Full Article...

And what a welcome it has been! As many of you may know, Bring It On: The Musical has now been on Broadway for a few weeks, and the reviews from the Theater community and cheerleaders everywhere is that people love it! We couldn’t more more thankful for the wonderful reception the show has received.
Now that the excitement has calmed down a little bit, I thought I would update you on what being a part of a Broadway show is all about! Looking back to our Opening Night first..
Our opening night was a success! The audience was AMAZING that night, and in return we had the time of our lives! Here we are at the opening night party. It was so fun to get dressed up and walk the red carpet at our very own premiere! In this photo is Me, Rod Harrelson, Bettis Richardson, Melody Mills, and Calli Alden.

It was really special to have fellow UCF’ers be able to share opening night with! One of my UCF Cheer coaches, Ginny Hitt and former UCF cheerleader, Jackie Martin, were able to make it to our opening night! It really made Keith Gross and me feel special to have a piece of our hometown with us on such an important night! GO KNIGHTS!!

The Gypsy Robe is a long-standing tradition within Broadway shows. Whenever a show opens on Broadway, the robe is passed along and presented to the ensemble member who has been in the most Broadway shows. He or she then decorates part of the robe to represent their show. Here, our dance captain, Rod Harrelson proudly shows off the robe. Rod has not only done the most amount of Broadway shows, but also worked as an NCA Staff member for years! That’s what I call well-rounded!

What an honor it was to perform on America’s Got Talent! I am a HUGE fan of the show, so it was really special to me to perform on this stage on national television. Here we are on the set getting ready to warm up before our performance.

Here is the cast in the holding lounge before we went on stage to perform for America’s Got Talent. We performed Cross The Line, which, in our show, is the cheerleading routine that Jackson high school competes with at nationals. It was such an unbelievable experience!

From time to time, we are fortunate enough to have celebrities come see our show! Vanessa Williams was one of our first celebrity appearances and she was SO nice to come backstage afterwards so we could all meet and take pictures her! Here is me, Dahlston Delgado, Antwan Bethea, and Michael Carter backstage with her. Isn’t she gorgeous!?

Working as a member of UCA staff really builds friendships that last a lifetime. Although Billie Sue and I have been busy with this show and haven’t been able to work staff for the past couple of years, we still keep in touch with our good friend Rob Ellery. In between camps, he was able to come visit us and see the show! Here we are clowning around outside of the theater after the show!

Make sure that you come see us at the St. James Theater on Broadway if you are in NYC this Fall or Winter!
-Lauren Whitt

Back