All-Star Well Now What Are We Are We Supposed To Talk About.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 14, 2017
I feel like that girl at the end of Saturday night who’s like “AFTERPARTY!!!” and everyone else is like “It’s 9 am.”

I would’ve loved to see SE win. I think I read somewhere that none of those athletes have globed, which is a shame because they’re all champion-caliber athletes. That said, I’m sure all of them have globes in their future if they want them. Especially baby Pope. It would’ve been great to see her win alongside her sister, but she’s one of the most well-rounded cheerleaders I’ve ever seen and she’s got three more years on SE and then who knows how long on senior open teams. She’s going to be just fine.

That said, YES STARS YES! So proud of them. I didn’t think they’d do it. I don’t think anyone did. But they took everything they had and left it all on the floor. And it worked. So excited for them.

TGLC vs Steel was everything I wanted and more. I wanted to see TGLC win, but Steel was the better team.

And of course WE BLOPS! My home team! I can’t wait to see them at school when they get back.

Lastly, I’m sure the USASF f-ups and the Twitter rumours they spawned will last all the way to 2020 Worlds and beyond. I’ve heard TG has been cheating for the last 25 years. I’ve heard teams were visibly favoured over others. I’ve heard the hole was fake (both the one in the mat and the one in the wall). Wherever there is Twitter, there will be trolls turning everything I love to garbage.

But overall, really good cheerleading all around. Great sportsmanship on display too. Am 75% happy with the way things turned out, which is pretty good! Happy Worlds, everyone!

I’m really happy that I don’t have to see tweets calling Top Gun racist and accused of cultural appropriation anymore. Plus both of TGLC uniforms are retired from the gym now.

I’m not ready to call it cultural appropriation. It was very much an homage. Appropriation is when you put on a Native American headdress apropos of nothing because you think it looks cute. Racist would be if they incorporated a bunch of ugly stereotypes into their routine. No thought, no respect. I think TGLC’s take was just fine. Maybe slightly borderline on a bad day, but not offensive.

I'm not surprised in the least that steel won this year.

I actually really have come to love the non tumbling division. I dont see the uproar in it as much as I use to.

Anons are still out of control, to the point where i couldnt help myself and call one out about the whole generals juul thing. And now they are upset because an actual general called them out on their b.s. and now they all acting like babies....

I love top gun but i feel like they focused to much on the theme and possibly not enough on the actual routine. Like ive said a clean stingrays is a deadly stingrays.
For once i felt like worlds finally ran on time, but then when one thing finally succeeds another thing has to fail (scoring)

I’m not ready to call it cultural appropriation. It was very much an homage. Appropriation is when you put on a Native American headdress apropos of nothing because you think it looks cute. Racist would be if they incorporated a bunch of ugly stereotypes into their routine. No thought, no respect. I think TGLC’s take was just fine. Maybe slightly borderline on a bad day, but not offensive.
I can see the argument that their uniform is appropriation since they basically took a traditional karate uniform, ripped the sleeves/pants, made it a crop top, backless, and then threw some Japanese characters on it.

It’s a fantastic routine otherwise, but that uniform is a no for many reasons lol.

I can see the argument that their uniform is appropriation since they basically took a traditional karate uniform, ripped the sleeves/pants, made it a crop top, backless, and then threw some Japanese characters on it.

It’s a fantastic routine otherwise, but that uniform is a no for many reasons lol.

I can see the argument, but the music and choreo ties it all together. If they went out there in just the karate-inspired unis and then performed a typical cheer routine without any acknowledgement of the influences they drew inspiration from, that’d be one thing. In other words if they wore the unis just because they thought they were cute, that would be ignorant. But the whole thing was tied together and clearly there was a lot of time, energy, and thought put into what they wanted from the routine and where their inspiration came from.

I do agree that maybe they didn’t think ahead as to how this may have been perceived, but I do not think they did anything wrong.

I can see the argument, but the music and choreo ties it all together. If they went out there in just the karate-inspired unis and then performed a typical cheer routine without any acknowledgement of the influences they drew inspiration from, that’d be one thing. In other words if they wore the unis just because they thought they were cute, that would be ignorant. But the whole thing was tied together and clearly there was a lot of time, energy, and thought put into what they wanted from the routine and where their inspiration came from.

I do agree that maybe they didn’t think ahead as to how this may have been perceived, but I do not think they did anything wrong.
I think the routine itself would have been fine with a normal (as normal as TG can be) uniform. The themed uniform just took it a little over the top and I dont think it was in good taste.

But anyways. They did great at Worlds and I don’t have to see those uniforms (or OO5s) again!

Back