OT What do you carry your school stuff in?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have a one section Jansport bookbag for freshman year. I decided I need a bigger one because some classes we have an at home book but some we have to bring back and forth so it's hard with a one section book bag and 4 big binders.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

I've had the same L.L. Bean backpack since 7th grade, and I just graduated from high school. It is still in good shape and not torn or anything!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

As do most schools in the US. I've only seen a few schools where you weren't aloud to have a backpack or if you did you would have to keep it in your locker. These are all middle schools. One middle school around me has you buy two-a big one to keep in your locker and a draw-string bag to carry around. I think it's ridiculous for two reasons 1)Their reasoning is something along the lines of students can hide harmful/dangerous items/substances in them. 2) You (parent(s)) have to pay more money

I can understand both sides of this. During my freshman year at my high school everyone was allowed to carry their backpacks around and it made life so easy. Sophomore year they changed the rule to say we weren't allowed to have any type of bag with us - not even drawstring bags for gym class. Like you could take it to gym but you would have to put it in your locker before your next class or you'd get a detention. At first I thought it was all stupid and such as hassle to have to go to my locker all the time. But during my junior year the public school in my town had a kid bring a gun to school and he shot five kids, killing three of them. There was a thread about it on here at the time, it was Chardon High School, people have probably heard of it. There's no way he got that gun in the school without a backpack to hide it in. So while I agree that it's a huge hassle to carry around books without a backpack, it definitely can hide dangerous weapons.

I can understand both sides of this. During my freshman year at my high school everyone was allowed to carry their backpacks around and it made life so easy. Sophomore year they changed the rule to say we weren't allowed to have any type of bag with us - not even drawstring bags for gym class. Like you could take it to gym but you would have to put it in your locker before your next class or you'd get a detention. At first I thought it was all stupid and such as hassle to have to go to my locker all the time. But during my junior year the public school in my town had a kid bring a gun to school and he shot five kids, killing three of them. There was a thread about it on here at the time, it was Chardon High School, people have probably heard of it. There's no way he got that gun in the school without a backpack to hide it in. So while I agree that it's a huge hassle to carry around books without a backpack, it definitely can hide dangerous weapons.

I understand it for a high school but this is two elementary/middle schools in my area. I think it's fine just as long as you don't give them so much homework they can't carry everything (like my catholic middle school did.. I could barely fit everything into my regular sized Jansport bag)

I understand it for a high school but this is two elementary/middle schools in my area. I think it's fine just as long as you don't give them so much homework they can't carry everything (like my catholic middle school did.. I could barely fit everything into my regular sized Jansport bag)

Ahh gotcha. Yeah it was dumb I went to a public middle school and we weren't allowed to carry around backpacks but I usually only had to take home a folder and maybe one textbook at a time.

Back