What makes a routine a great routine?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

imo, the team just has to be all around amazing. tight, making facials/being enthusiastic, good tumbling, good stunts, and being able to pull off the choreography without looking like idiots. and even if they do look like idiots - having fun while doing it.
:)

What makes a routine a great routine is that little extra sparkle! I can always tell when kids look so happy they are just jumping out of their skin to perform! By being well prepared and cheering from your heart this is easily attainable!!

I'd definitely say a gym that does a great job of this is CJA! They always sparkle!

I think in order to have a great team that's memorable all the time you need to max out in all categories of the scoresheet, hit all stunts, land all tumbling, be synchronized, good music, great energy (enthusiastic and facials), good choreography.

Definitely music. If a team has bad music, it's hard for me to take the routine seriously.

I think that choreography and amazing stunts and everything all around are important, but the thing that makes a routine reallyyy outstanding is the energy. When you can just tell that a team is so excited and happy to be out there, the routine is that much better.

i def think having the right music helps a routine out a lot. Not just good music, but music that actually FITS the team too. Also i think having a really cool/unique stunt sequence takes a routine from good to great

I think individual moves while transitioning such as the girl middle panel at 2:10 simple things like that get me interested in a routine

Energy is definitely important too. If you watch Spirit Central Senior 5, their routine was so...fast and energized. They didn't have an extremely difficult routine, but their energy was amazing.

god music, high energy, people actually having fun, and a stuck routine can make me watch any level at any age

i LOVE when tumbling passes are perfectly synchronized.
also, when people look like theyre having fun. its boring to watch someone who doesnt look like they want to be there.

YES. Tumble passes that aren't synchronized make a routine look horrible and unclean.

-great Music
-innovative choreo
-Athetles who perform and have fun.
-maxing out in tumbling (running, Standing), & stunts
-cleanliness & Sharpness
-Great Teachnique

Energy is definitely important too. If you watch Spirit Central Senior 5, their routine was so...fast and energized. They didn't have an extremely difficult routine, but their energy was amazing.
Seriously! When I first saw them I had to re watch the beginning. It was so energetic and like crazy tight. I swear I've never seen any team as clean as them. I was just like "whoah!"
Anyway I'd say Energy would be what makes a routine memorable. Next would be choreography. I cannot stand a boring routine!

Back