All-Star What Should Penalty Be For Cheating?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I guess the whole point of having the punishment be so severe and so completely devastating would be that if you think it's so bad...DON'T CHEAT. Period. Then it wouldn't matter WHAT the punishment was. Like if you said to me "Hey, Just-a-Mom...if you tell us your daughter is 15 and she's actually 18 we'll kill you" I'd just say "Oh OK. That punishment (which is completely outrageous) is fine with me, because I wouldn't EVER do that, so no worries here. I'm not trying to ruin kids' lives, but I would hope if you own a gym you'd be thinking about that before you decided to cheat.

How about the fact that these gyms that are cheating AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT are taking Worlds' dreams away from OTHER kids? Why is that ok? I'm much more worried about how unfair it is to the people at the gyms that are doing the right thing than at gyms doing the wrong thing.

Sorry...this is something I feel strongly about.
redface.png

Gym forfeits competition. If a Worlds team, suspended from Worlds for one year.

Should we require the USASF to allow the athletes on the team who WERE legal to be released from that gym to compete with other teams? An angry gym owner who was banned from worlds that year might not be so willing to release those who ARE age eligible.

Or are the other athletes on the team also responsible for the cheating? Accessories to the crime, so to speak?

Should we require the USASF to allow the athletes on the team who WERE legal to be released from that gym to compete with other teams? An angry gym owner who was banned from worlds that year might not be so willing to release those who ARE age eligible.

Or are the other athletes on the team also responsible for the cheating? Accessories to the crime, so to speak?

I think all the athletes from the gym should automatically be released without needing the owner's release--if they want to leave. Yet another motivation for gym owner's to think twice before doing.

here is my opinion.

if the athlete registration system were in place than only athletes are resonsibile for their ages. not gyms.

if an athlete is found to have input an improper age, ban them for life. the gym forfeits any competition for that team that uses the illegal athlete, but that is it.

here is my opinion.

if the athlete registration system were in place than only athletes are resonsibile for their ages. not gyms.

if an athlete is found to have input an improper age, ban them for life. the gym forfeits any competition for that team that uses the illegal athlete, but that is it.

So an 11 year old is responsible if his/her age is input as 12 to allow them to cheer on a worlds team? Really?

So an 11 year old is responsible if his/her age is input as 12 to allow them to cheer on a worlds team? Really?

let me explain how the system is SUPPOSED to work (actually application I cant stand behind).

But if a user is responsible for their age, then when the become a member of a gym the gym itself has no ability to alter the age OR put the athlete on an impropper team while registering.

therefore the only part where someone could cheat is when they are registered the athlete. therefore the parents would get their kid banned for life.

let me explain how the system is SUPPOSED to work (actually application I cant stand behind).
But if a user is responsible for their age, then when the become a member of a gym the gym itself has no ability to alter the age OR put the athlete on an impropper team while registering.

therefore the only part where someone could cheat is when they are registered the athlete. therefore the parents would get their kid banned for life.

Now this I like.

But what about the issue of using athletes under a different name? Last year my daughter got seriously injured 2 days before a big comp. They filled her spot in with someone that USED TO cheer at their gym, but was now at college. Never even told the event producers. So they submitted a roster weeks before with 25 girls' names and ages, and kept that same roster. But only sent 24 of those girls and one different girl. Now I think this would be one of those "unenforceable" cases, but seriously...everyone knew (from every gym), because they all knew her from years of cheering. I would want a way to keep gyms from doing this, but can't begin to imagine one. However, if a gym is caught so blatantly cheating, punishment should be severe enough to deter this from happening again (and this was our gym and I still feel this way!).

***This was NOT Fame. this was a gym we started with BEFORE Fame.
eek.png

Understood. Just had to make you say it.

biggrin.png

Now this I like.

But what about the issue of using athletes under a different name? Last year my daughter got seriously injured 2 days before a big comp. They filled her spot in with someone that USED TO cheer at their gym, but was now at college. Never even told the event producers. So they submitted a roster weeks before with 25 girls' names and ages, and kept that same roster. But only sent 24 of those girls and one different girl. Now I think this would be one of those "unenforceable" cases, but seriously...everyone knew (from every gym), because they all knew her from years of cheering. I would want a way to keep gyms from doing this, but can't begin to imagine one. However, if a gym is caught so blatantly cheating, punishment should be severe enough to deter this from happening again (and this was our gym and I still feel this way!).

***This was NOT Fame. this was a gym we started with BEFORE Fame.:eek:

actually, there are a ton of practical ways to enforce. one i have proposed this year (and many years before) is just to take a picture of the team before and after they compete.

and at the end of teh day if someone truly wants to cheat, they can. you just have to setup a situation where it is difficult and the reward is not that great.

actually, there are a ton of practical ways to enforce. one i have proposed this year (and many years before) is just to take a picture of the team before and after they compete.

and at the end of teh day if someone truly wants to cheat, they can. you just have to setup a situation where it is difficult and the reward is not that great.

Sad, but true. I hate dishonest people! They ruin everything. But yes, the more difficult it is, and the less rewarding, the more likely it is to stop.

I just want to state that in our instance it did not involve a Worlds team. It wasnt for a Level 5 team.

The reason i am asking for ideas of penalties is because we are filing a complaint with the Usasf. I think this may be the first time a usasf disciplinary committee has had to make a judgement on something like this.

i have a question about enforcing rules at 3 comps that we have attended this season run by the same event producer a team has done an illegal inversion at the first two comps we made the producer and judges aware of this and said team was told however at the 3rd comp said team still did the same illegal inversion and is still not penalized for doing so i understand that the judges have a very hard job to do however this rule is very to the point and the inversion being illegal for the level is very noticeable so how does this happen

For some reason I think it should ALWAYS go back to the worlds/level 5 teams though. even if it wasn't in their division. Most coaches take tremendous pride in their worlds/level 5 teams and show them off/talk them up like their the newest gucci bag from next years summer collection. If you take away somebody's Kate Spade from 2 years ago because you found out they stole it, is it really a punishment? They already have a shinier toy that they like better anyway. Parents, when you want to punish your kids for doing something bad, do you take away their calculator or their cell phone? clothes they already have or the allowance they get to buy new stuff? a barbie jeep or the keys to your car?

Is the concept really fair? absolutely not. But when you tell a coach their small senior team can't go to worlds this year OR next because they cheated with a youth 2 at podunk regionals, you bet they'll think three or four times before they attempt it. and I am 100% for athlete membership. I think it would tremendously help the situation.

Back