All-Star What stunts annoy you!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Teddy bears. No one wants to see your spankies with your legs spread.
Any time flyers will twist down instead of pulling their twist up and they're going to dive bomb you. (Scariest thing ever as a back!)
When flyers don't catch themselves in cradles and let all of their weight go SPLAT on their bases and back. It's exhausting.
Any body position with bent knees, especially arabesques!
When bases are like a mile apart in a stunt - the closer together you are, the easier it is to hold!

Teddy bears. No one wants to see your spankies with your legs spread.
Any time flyers will twist down instead of pulling their twist up and they're going to dive bomb you. (Scariest thing ever as a back!)
When flyers don't catch themselves in cradles and let all of their weight go SPLAT on their bases and back. It's exhausting.
Any body position with bent knees, especially arabesques!
When bases are like a mile apart in a stunt - the closer together you are, the easier it is to hold!

I am forever a bent leg flyer. Every picture of me doing an aero or scale my knee is just slightlyyyy bent. Im squeezing and super tight, I don't even realize I'm doing it.

i hate it when flyers drop their chest in an arabesque to make their leg look "higher"
and i also hate it when flyers are doing an arabesque and the leg they are doing the arabesque with, the knee is facing outward and not down, if that makes any since.
ETA: found a picture. (not picking on CA! just one i found. and this girls leg muscles... ohmygawddd)
bio9e.jpg

I just realized... people are definitely misunderstanding this thread. They're asking what stunts annoy you. These stunts don't annoy us, it's when people execute them poorly.

I just realized... people are definitely misunderstanding this thread. They're asking what stunts annoy you. These stunts don't annoy us, it's when people execute them poorly.
I agree, but I guess in a way when poor execution of stunts is seen a lot, it can start to annoy you..

It really grinds my gears to see a flyer do a BEAUTIFUL scorpion.. Then grab her ankle for a heel stretch. Not even a heel stretch, an L stand. Flyers: PLEASE stretch all your body positions. Don't just focus on one.

My thing is.. If I'm going to use my energy to hold you up in the air, you better be doing something wonderful up there.

Shotgun heel stretches. You know the ones where the flyer is only flexible enough to get their heel stretch parallel to the ground so the foot is pointing right at the judges table....

I always feel the need to duck and cover for some reason.

Or when they grab the bottom of their foot basically in a lib and unfold it up into the air (so they're now a count behind everyone who kicked up).

If you're going to be in the air.....realize the world is looking at you and STRETCH.

Back