All-Star What stunts annoy you!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 26, 2010
Lately my friend and I were watching our nationals DVD, and started to point out things that annoyed us stunt wise.

Here are mine:

Scale to arabesque- I hate it, I don't know why, I just do.
Flyers who put their hands on the bases heads in sponges. - No! God, it would annoy me as a base and it mucks up there hair and no!!!
Straight cradles from libs- I think they are just messy:(!

So what are yours?

360 baskets when girls only use one arm -You aren't superman, use both arms.
Reloads with the flyers legs/feet apart - Reminds me of a duck laying an egg....quackkk
Level 4 "backtuck" pyramids with jacked up backtucks(if they were throwing those in a tumbling pass it would be a backfaceplant) - Pick flyers who can execute proper backtuck technique so I don't cringe watching you throw your head back, have your legs/knees/toes chilling out in space, and barely make it over because you dont ride the pop/bases don't pop you properly.

Not necessarily for me a specific stunt, but not hitting body positions correctly due to not being flexible enough. Legs bent in stunts when there not supposed to be. Being loose drives me nuts. Not hitting the stunts hard, timid looking flyers. I guess for me its not so much about the stunt, its the way the stunt is performed. The hardest stunts really don't impress me if its not done correctly because of flexibility or being loose. AND must be done with mucho fierceness!

How about when a team will have flyers flying on opposite legs? like having 3 aerobesques for exmample, two being on the left and one on the right. SO ANNOYING! Also, when a team will have each flyer doing a different body position at the same time. one in a stretch, one in scorp, one in scale, etc. soooo weird! ;P

Reactions: VTX
Flexed feet in any body position. Bent post legs. Ankle stretches (can't grab the heel so they grab the ankle). Helicopter legs in dismounts. Scales with bent legs.

How about teams that STILL fly on the left leg? EEW

And I also hate when Level 2 or 3 stunts cradle out of side one-legs (scorp, scale, arabesque) and BEND the leg when they swing it through.. EEW

Or any time a lib is in the air and it's not part of a tick tock

I also hate stunts that are overused- like the level 3 yo yo or the handstand to shoulder sit for level 2

How about teams that STILL fly on the left leg? EEW

And I also hate when Level 2 or 3 stunts cradle out of side one-legs (scorp, scale, arabesque) and BEND the leg when they swing it through.. EEW

Or any time a lib is in the air and it's not part of a tick tock

I also hate stunts that are overused- like the level 3 yo yo or the handstand to shoulder sit for level 2

so give me a level 2 load in that is different.....

How about when a team will have flyers flying on opposite legs? like having 3 aerobesques for exmample, two being on the left and one on the right. SO ANNOYING! Also, when a team will have each flyer doing a different body position at the same time. one in a stretch, one in scorp, one in scale, etc. soooo weird! ;P
haha I hate that too.....I call it "campers choice" stunting

Fake full ups where the bases walk a mile underneath.
Ankle stretches.
Feux bows (bow and arrows with the arm extended out behind the leg instead of in front of it)
bows where the flyer has to lean over to grab them
heel stretches pulled to the side

And I know I'm not one to talk because I am the least flexible person in the world. But if I flew you better believe I wouldn't be.

Also I think straight cradles from anything one legged is ugly. When I was level 3 we would always pull our 1 legged stunts, bump down, and go back up to extension full.
Nose dive double downs also scare the crap out of me. I've been on the back spotting end of those and it isn't pretty.

Back