All-Star What stunts annoy you!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Flyers having bent wrists in high-vs and unpointed toes (especially in stretches).

I also don't really like seeing heel stretches with the flyer facing the side and holding her foot with the opposite hand. I'm not sure why - it just looks kinda weird.

When you see a stunt starting to fall and the flyer just butts out and quits. A group should fight for the stunt!

[the 360 basket with one arm is actually proper technique. 2 arms would be just as doing a straignt ride, and you do not allow your body to rotate. You do Kick fulls and doubles with one arm.]

Actually ptcheerboi, proper technique for all baskets is both arms up, at least for the ride of the basket. Yes dropping one arm initiates a twist, but for the ride proper technique is arms to your ears. Kick fulls and doubles you ride with both arms and drop your left arm for the kick, but it happens so fast that sometimes it's hard to see. Obviously, not every gym does them that way and many gyms have different methods for teach baskets, but that is the proper way if we're going to tell people whats proper and what is not.

[the 360 basket with one arm is actually proper technique. 2 arms would be just as doing a straignt ride, and you do not allow your body to rotate. You do Kick fulls and doubles with one arm.]

Actually ptcheerboi, proper technique for all baskets is both arms up, at least for the ride of the basket. Yes dropping one arm initiates a twist, but for the ride proper technique is arms to your ears. Kick fulls and doubles you ride with both arms and drop your left arm for the kick, but it happens so fast that sometimes it's hard to see. Obviously, not every gym does them that way and many gyms have different methods for teach baskets, but that is the proper way if we're going to tell people whats proper and what is not.

I respectfully disagree. Proper basket technique comes from the chest and shoulders with the stand up.

The only thing in stunting that annoys me is when the flyer is completely NOT flexible! Like they have to bend all the way forward to grab their foot and then its literally out in front of them with bent knees and leaning back. Or scorps that they can barely grab and pull? If I was a judge I would be sliding out of my chair and onto the floor under the table.....

The only thing in stunting that annoys me is when the flyer is completely NOT flexible! Like they have to bend all the way forward to grab their foot and then its literally out in front of them with bent knees and leaning back. Or scorps that they can barely grab and pull? If I was a judge I would be sliding out of my chair and onto the floor under the table.....

body positions and flexibility have no standards in judging. unfortunately.

How about teams that STILL fly on the left leg? EEW

And I also hate when Level 2 or 3 stunts cradle out of side one-legs (scorp, scale, arabesque) and BEND the leg when they swing it through.. EEW

Or any time a lib is in the air and it's not part of a tick tock

I also hate stunts that are overused- like the level 3 yo yo or the handstand to shoulder sit for level 2

What's a "yo yo?"

Back