High School Whats Your Opinion/proper Cheer Shoes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 21, 2017
the one thing that bugs me is high school cheerleaders wearing vengeances. theyre so damaging to your body since they are made for spring floor. they arent formulated for such heavy impact. what do you thin??????????/

the one thing that bugs me is high school cheerleaders wearing vengeances. theyre so damaging to your body since they are made for spring floor. they arent formulated for such heavy impact. what do you thin??????????/

My initial response is "pick your battles."

I'd have to see some hard evidence that wearing them promotes injury.

My complaint with N'finity shoes throughout history has been their incredible ability to inexplicably fall apart after a half-season's wear.

My complaint with N'finity shoes throughout history has been their incredible ability to inexplicably fall apart after a half-season's wear.
im only saying they cause damage because the impact pads arent created for a harder surface like dead mat because nothing absorbs. for spring floors theyre excellent

I would NEVER wear vengence for game day. I used to wear evolutions (in yester-year when my body could handle more impact) but even those posed too-thin for our track- and I often jamed my ankles (still nursing that injury to this day).
Likely today- I would get a proper white sneaker for track/game day. Use my nfinities for the floor.

I would NEVER wear vengence for game day. I used to wear evolutions (in yester-year when my body could handle more impact) but even those posed too-thin for our track- and I often jamed my ankles (still nursing that injury to this day).
Likely today- I would get a proper white sneaker for track/game day. Use my nfinities for the floor.

I'm not even sure N'finity existed when I had to wear cheer shoes. My kids refuse to wear anything else, no matter where we cheer. I'm going to have to look into this further. I'm still going to pick my battles on this one, until I have more information.

I'm not even sure N'finity existed when I had to wear cheer shoes. My kids refuse to wear anything else, no matter where we cheer. I'm going to have to look into this further. I'm still going to pick my battles on this one, until I have more information.

I'm only 3 years out of sideline/ college cheer. Yester-year might have been a little bit of an exaggeration:p
For your later point: As a coach - I don't think I would 'battle' teenage girls over this either. When you are 13-17 EVERYTHING is about how you look. It consumes these girls. I might mention it once, maybe twice and just say "you might want to look into something with more support" - or maybe put it in an email/parent info pack at the start of the year. But at the end of the day... They're going to do what they want - and I would just let them.

Also, it depends if you are cheering on the turf v.s grass v.s track v.s a new track v.s and old track - in the heat or in the cold. There are SO many variables to injury prevention for sideline cheer and appropriate foot wear.
in my circumstance, our track was falling apart - thus was like cheering in 40 degree Fahrenheit on cement. I was bound to jam an ankle tumbling, regardless of foot wear.

I'm only 3 years out of sideline/ college cheer. Yester-year might have been a little bit of an exaggeration:p
For your later point: As a coach - I don't think I would 'battle' teenage girls over this either. When you are 13-17 EVERYTHING is about how you look. It consumes these girls. I might mention it once, maybe twice and just say "you might want to look into something with more support" - or maybe put it in an email/parent info pack at the start of the year. But at the end of the day... They're going to do what they want - and I would just let them.

Also, it depends if you are cheering on the turf v.s grass v.s track v.s a new track v.s and old track - in the heat or in the cold. There are SO many variables to injury prevention for sideline cheer and appropriate foot wear.
in my circumstance, our track was falling apart - thus was like cheering in 40 degree Fahrenheit on cement. I was bound to jam an ankle tumbling, regardless of foot wear.
i see where youre coming from

I had to straight up say no Nfinitys for gameday to end any potential injuries. Wasn't a popular decision at the time, but feet/knees/ankles are still working well and everyone's shoes look good still from Camp til Now

also, I can't support a company that actively supports bullying either

I must have missed something?
Was looking for an example but can't find one. In the past they have mocked and bullied users talking about other cheer shoes or not being able to afford the elite brand that is nfinity.

And then their participation in the new Bring It On movie too. Which focuses on bullying and online harassment, where the bully kind of ends up winning.

How they portray themselves to our easily influenced young audience in the industry really kinda irks me. As a marketer, it just feels gross to watch too

My opinion on this matter. I have tumbled barefoot on sand (feels like concrete), grass (padding may vary), (hard wood) might as well have no padding. I've tumbled with Nfinitys on concrete, hard wood, and tracks. Never have I worried about having no padding. I learned early that all surfaces are different, and that I needed to focus on absorbing my landing on these harder surfaces.

I had to straight up say no Nfinitys for gameday to end any potential injuries. Wasn't a popular decision at the time, but feet/knees/ankles are still working well and everyone's shoes look good still from Camp til Now

also, I can't support a company that actively supports bullying either
what bullying tho?

My opinion on this matter. I have tumbled barefoot on sand (feels like concrete), grass (padding may vary), (hard wood) might as well have no padding. I've tumbled with Nfinitys on concrete, hard wood, and tracks. Never have I worried about having no padding. I learned early that all surfaces are different, and that I needed to focus on absorbing my landing on these harder surfaces.
well, im guessing you are an elite tumbler or at least an all-star. but everyone knows high school cheerleaders are different. the way they tumble unless they were previously a gymnast or all-star cheerleader isn't always the safest nor prettiest.and often they usually don't understand the art of "preventing injuries"

I don't think vengeances are necessary for HS level. Their whole selling point is that they're light for tumbling, but usually HS teams aren't tumbling the way all-star teams are. They can't; the floors are totally different. There are mat-only comp shoes designed for HS teams that are a bit more durable out there. I've also heard Nike cheer shoes are good for all-surface areas if your team isn't interested in shelling out hundreds for multiple pairs.

Back