When Did You Start All Star Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mine started at 4 and 5 - they were on the same team at one point because of the size of the gym. Starting our 4th all-star year at our 3rd gym. It's hard b/c you need to find the right coach and gym. First gym (small gym), liked the coaches but little to no progression, kids had been on the team for 4 years with janky BHS.

We liked the coaches at our 2nd gym (medium to large), great progress (talking L1 to almost L4 in 6 months) but ended up leaving because of the drama. New gym this year is a smaller gym, like the coaches, facility and the people in the gym as well.

Good luck

Oh yea, we tried soccer, ballet... When my oldest started cheer it was like she'd found her people. The benefits to their leadership, self-esteem and dedication have been great.

I have been cheering allstars since I was I in kindergarten and this will be my 11th year :) and I plan to do it all the way through college, and if my body is capable, I want to continue cheering on open teams after college!

I started cheer in 4th grade for a Rec league (CYO) and then moved so in 5th and 6th grade I did Pop Warner. In 7th grade I did all stars and LOVED it. However, I couldn't do it again the next year because I didn't get straight A's (My parents made that bargain with me and they told my brother if he got no C's he could play football but he got C's and still played while I on the other hand got 1 B and couldn't do All Stars.. #smartchildprobs). I did high school JV the past 3 years and I didn't make the team this year so I'm helping coach little girls for the developmental league. I will be 18 in October

My CP started at 7, she just turned 9 and is at the beginning of her 3rd season. She is OBSESSED! She is constantly stretching and watching videos on youtube. She is on Junior 3 this year and is working on layouts. We'll see what the future has in store but right now she is determined, dedicated and loving it!

My CP is only 5 and she loves cheer. If she could go to practice, tumbling class, or a competition everyday she would. She likes watching cheer on you tube and cant wait until she is on the bigger girls team:0 When did your CP get involved in cheer and when did you realize this was there thing versus something that just want to do for a moment. Also did you start at a big gym or a small gym?

Thanks

I started cheer 5 years ago.I was on a mini team. :)

I started at the end of sixth grade. I'll be a senior next year. I wish I would have started sooner, but I've actually accomplished a lot more than I ever expected to in the past few months. I just started working on fulls! I absolutely love cheer & am so glad I found the gym I'm at today. My coaches are incredible people & I wouldn't be the cheerleader I am without them.

I started cheer at age 4, but didn't compete all star until age 6 (I'm 17 now). I'm at the same small gym I started at 12 years ago.

I started cheering when I was 6 for AYFCL (which is like POP Warner). We didn't have any all star teams around us until I was 10. Started cheering at a brand new small gym when I was 10. Moved to a larger gym in the area when I was 12. Cheered there until I graduated high school. The year after I graduated, they became FAME NY. So I missed out on the cool FAME uniforms :(

My daughter started the beginning of her kindergarten year on a mini 1...couldn't even do a cart wheel! Lol!! She is now going into 3rd grade (8years old) and her 4th full cheer season starting. She is a "gym rat" and would live at the gym if I would let her!! She made a youth level 3 and a junior co-Ed 5 this year because of her tumbling skills. I am glad she started early.. No fear and now she loves every minute! Plus she has made friends from all over. :) We are in a medium sized gym.

Back