High School Which High School Camp Will Your Squad Be Attending This Summer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm in NH, USA
I was just trying to find a happy medium between NCA Camps and Speed Camp - We don't care for band dances and learning sidelines and also creating a routine that we are never going to use, but we want to do a sleep a way camp to force them to bond and come together..

A home camp with forced team bonding activities in the evenings? A team sleep over, a scavenger hunt, pizza party, pool party, etc?

A home camp with forced team bonding activities in the evenings? A team sleep over, a scavenger hunt, pizza party, pool party, etc?
Yeah, I don't know that bonding can be forced lol. Trials and tribulations with a healthy dose of fun sprinkled in do the trick. Though I'm being vague.

Yeah, I don't know that bonding can be forced lol. Trials and tribulations with a healthy dose of fun sprinkled in do the trick. Though I'm being vague.

I should clarify - not forced bonding but forced activities that are meant to help team bonding. ie we may not be AT camp, but you're evenings are still team evenings for the length of camp.

I'm in NH, USA
I was just trying to find a happy medium between NCA Camps and Speed Camp - We don't care for band dances and learning sidelines and also creating a routine that we are never going to use, but we want to do a sleep a way camp to force them to bond and come together..

Actually NCA runs a camp at a place called Brynn Mar that's in a traditional setting, but it's in PA which might be a bit far. Here's a link.

https://nca.varsity.com/pa-bryn-maw...ite&utm_campaign=CampLocations&utm_content=PA

Also if you wanted to go the UCA route there's a camp I used to go to where many of the national champs from the NE would end up at. This one feels much more competition focused because of the clients that go.

https://uca.varsity.com/TrailsEnd?u...ite&utm_campaign=CampLocations&utm_content=PA

Both are far but the environment of these are great for a team.

I'm in NH, USA
For years we did private camps at a gym and stayed at a hotel down the street from the gym to still get that away camp feel. 3 days, 2 nights. Every night we did dinner and activity outside of practices. The kids loved it and much prefer it to traditional camps. We all got a little spoiled!

Has anyone been to Pine Forest Camp for cheerleading located in PA?

Last edited:
I'm stuck....

I really wanted to bring my team to the James Speed camp in NH, but, its the week of the 4th of July and tons of my girls travel with their families during this week/throughout the summer. Also, its "out of season" so I cannot make it mandatory.

If we do an NCA camp I really want the whole team there to benefit from it. Has anyone experienced a home camp? I'm now leaning more towards holding a home camp the first week of the season or so. Can these camps be customized? Do they still award bids & A.A?

I'm stuck....

I really wanted to bring my team to the James Speed camp in NH, but, its the week of the 4th of July and tons of my girls travel with their families during this week/throughout the summer. Also, its "out of season" so I cannot make it mandatory.

If we do an NCA camp I really want the whole team there to benefit from it. Has anyone experienced a home camp? I'm now leaning more towards holding a home camp the first week of the season or so. Can these camps be customized? Do they still award bids & A.A?

We did a UCA Home Camp last year and honestly it was great. You get to fully customize it (we made ours mostly stunting), there's still team bonding activities, and the girls had a blast. If possible, I'd say try and find a nearby team or two to join in to give it that more "camp" style vibe, but even if it's only your girls it's still a blast!

Has anyone been to Pine Forest Camp for cheerleading located in PA?

I went for my whole HS career. It's a great camp where you can see a lot of the UCA finalist teams and is great for team bonding since everyone lives in a cabin for a few days together. I linked the camp info earlier in the thread.

I went for my whole HS career. It's a great camp where you can see a lot of the UCA finalist teams and is great for team bonding since everyone lives in a cabin for a few days together. I linked the camp info earlier in the thread.
ah, ok ty. Is it allstar-friendly too or just school cheer?

4 Days, UCA Home Camp, 2 Days USA Home Camp
We do this to get multiple dances and cheers (both West and East Coast Style) We do 4 Days with UCA because even though we are West Coast our comp style is a more UCA. We also do a "Retreat" so trip to Universal or Disney for the day or a trip to the Beach for Cheer photos/team dinner/sleepover etc.

4 Days, UCA Home Camp, 2 Days USA Home Camp
We do this to get multiple dances and cheers (both West and East Coast Style) We do 4 Days with UCA because even though we are West Coast our comp style is a more UCA. We also do a "Retreat" so trip to Universal or Disney for the day or a trip to the Beach for Cheer photos/team dinner/sleepover etc.
Wow! Sounds expensive though.

Back