All-Star Who Got The Exclusive Worlds Email?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

canz said:
I understand their are some international event producers claiming to operate a World Championship, I have a feeling this is more aimed at IEPs outside of the US where keeping things regulated is extremely difficult (hence the strict wording of the email).

That's exactly what Jim described to me. He was clear on the international aspect of it.

yojaehs said:
Bahaha it couldn't have been more vague!

From my understanding the people the email was directed to would understand it precisely. This other worlds has invited some American teams and a line has been crossed.

You make some good points. But I'm always amazed at what people think they "know".

I still have people that talk to me about things; sometimes just because they want the perspective of a parent that's been around for decades; sometimes because they want an unvarnished opinion and sometimes because they want to tell me something that they know won't go any further.

Be careful what you think you know.
Honestly..............:fro:

From my understanding the people the email was directed to would understand it precisely. This other worlds has invited some American teams and a line has been crossed.

A vague line in the sand the majority of people can't see was drawn and someone somewhere initiated contact with a gym and invited them to come participate or exhibition or something at their competition so a sternly worded email written specifically for that small group of people and then was sent to everyone who wouldn't understand what the heck they were talking about unless they were in that small group of people so everyone came up with their own reasons and then everyone got upset that people came up with their own reasons.

Did that run-on sum it up?

If we don't want people flying off the handle at vague emails, don't write vague emails. Or maybe just send them to the people who it actually was affected?

Sending out a general email directed at one small group is like having every team at Stingrays send all their personal team mom related stuff to everyone... and not telling anyone who each email was related to. But don't worry, those that know... well they will know.

Wait, so American teams were invited to participate in an International competition. Why is it that the fact that the Majors event was sending teams overseas to participate in a competition come to mind???

Actually the IFC came up with a Cheerleading World Championship before there was the USASF/IASF worlds or even the ICU worlds.... as far as I remember first IFC World Championship was already in 2001 (and then every two years)!

There actually was already an incident when the IFC worlds were in Germany in 09, when a Groupstunt did not compete because someone from the ICU threatened them that they were not allowed to compete in USASF /IASF worlds if they compete at IFC worlds (and they already had a bid for the next allstars-worlds).

Next IFC worlds will be held in November in Hongkong, so I guess they just wanted to bring this out right before to threaten the athletes, coaches and other people involved there enough to make the whole competition look like a joke...
This was the organization Jim was talking about and directing the email toward.

Out of interest, what international teams compete at IFC? I saw Japan, Germany, Finland on the clips and someone has mentioned Bangkok? Which of these teams do compete at the USASF/IASF Cheerleading Worlds as well?
Main top 3 placers from 2009 were Japan, Norway, Germany, Thailand, Chinese Taipei, Austria, Russia, Sweden, Singapore.
Other competitors include United Kingdom, Slovenia, Denmark, Ukraine, China, Ecuador, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Korea, Poland.
So they definitely have a strong following.
[Got this from: http://www.ifc-hdqrs.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&Itemid=107]

#thatawkwardmomentwheneveryoneditchesyouforIFC

But really- Top Gun exhibitions in Australia (which I think is AWESOME- I'd love to go to Australia). Other teams have been asked to do things overseas. Is it that a different company's World Championship which is arguably more Worlds-y than yours asked an American team to exhibition?

Also- can someone explain the IFC Worlds? Is it Team Japan (representing a country)? Or Stingrays Allstars (who happen to be from America)? Is it every year?

Someone earlier in this thread inquired about seeing the minutes produced on this rule (which has current and futuristic consequences for athletes, their consumer parents, gym owners, coaches and officials). It appears you got your answer when the person in charge of rules was blindsided and bombarded when he got to work on the day this e-mail was sent. And yet, the logic that "How many of you are National Champions" or "What does it mean anymore" or "It is no longer an honored title" remains unresolved. Why not stop that bleeding instead of buying up and of course making a profit on all of these Nationals if that is the real issue at hand? How does this e-mail have nothing to do with Varsity when the governance structure is 3 tiered... USASF/IASF is governed by USA Cheer who is governed by ICU all 501c 6?

#thatawkwardmomentwheneveryoneditchesyouforIFC

But really- Top Gun exhibitions in Australia (which I think is AWESOME- I'd love to go to Australia). Other teams have been asked to do things overseas. Is it that a different company's World Championship which is arguably more Worlds-y than yours asked an American team to exhibition?

Also- can someone explain the IFC Worlds? Is it Team Japan (representing a country)? Or Stingrays Allstars (who happen to be from America)? Is it every year?
I THINK it has the same format as ICU, where one team represents per country per division (because the results are given by country). There is mention of an 'IFC World Cup' in Russia in 2008 but I can't find any results. There has been representatives of USA at this competition in 2008 (Allstar team-like competition i think!):

Country v. Country. Every other year (odd years). First one was 2001 in Tokyo. Next one is November 26-27 in Hong Kong.

My opinions for what it is worth...
  • I don't think Varsity rules the world and have been involved in meetings where great measures were taken to make sure the line was drawn beween Varsity and USASF.
  • This being said, no one can dispute that Varisty has had a significant postive impact on cheer.
  • I don't blame the USASF for wanting to protect their Worlds competition.
  • Competition is good for any industry. If you think the IFC or Jam Brands or Billy Bob's Worlds Event is the next best thing then go for it, but don't blame the USASF for trying to protect their own event.
  • Yes, the email was poorly written (slap on hand).

CharlotteASMom said:
My opinions for what it is worth...

[*]I don't think Varsity rules the world and have been involved in meetings where great measures were taken to make sure the line was drawn beween Varsity and USASF.
[*]This being said, no one can dispute that Varisty has had a significant postive impact on cheer.
[*]I don't blame the USASF for wanting to protect their Worlds competition.
[*]Competition is good for any industry. If you think the IFC or Jam Brands or Billy Bob's Worlds Event is the next best thing then go for it, but don't blame the USASF for trying to protect their own event.
[*]Yes, the email was poorly written (slap on hand).

AMEN! You took the words right out of my mouth!!

It is funny that the IFC was formed before the USASF and it is they are the ones the USASF is after (which I don't believe they are the only ones). Shouldn't it be the IFC protecting their competition (country v country) which is what the ICU is? Does the ICU claim to be the first competition like this? How would people feel if they were told their beloved Bangkok was not allowed to compete at Worlds anymore?

I find nothing wrong with protecting your competition, but they can act like there isn't any other motives behind this all they want when it is pretty easy to piece things together and see that there is.

I would love to know what teams were invited to compete at this IFC event and if they are still going to do so.

Country v. Country. Every other year (odd years). First one was 2001 in Tokyo. Next one is November 26-27 in Hong Kong.

Getting close! That's going to make for an interesting weekend.

Eat too much turkey for Thanksgiving on Thursday
Shop too much for Black Friday on Friday
See which countries give it to the ICU at the IFC competition on Saturday!!

Can't wait!!!!

Latest posts

Back