All-Star Who Got The Exclusive Worlds Email?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is funny that the IFC was formed before the USASF and it is they are the ones the USASF is after (which I don't believe they are the only ones). Shouldn't it be the IFC protecting their competition (country v country) which is what the ICU is? Does the ICU claim to be the first competition like this? How would people feel if they were told their beloved Bangkok was not allowed to compete at Worlds anymore?

I find nothing wrong with protecting your competition, but they can act like there isn't any other motives behind this all they want when it is pretty easy to piece things together and see that there is.

I would love to know what teams were invited to compete at this IFC event and if they are still going to do so.
Who's to say they don't? I'm unaware of it if they are but the great thing with cheer is there are choices. I agree that the e-mail could have been worded better but if you wanna compete in the IFC, it doesn't say that you can't, it just says that if you do your not eligible for the ICU. I don't see anything wrong with them writing the e-mail they basically just said, "make your choice", what's wrong with that?

Who's to say they don't? I'm unaware of it if they are but the great thing with cheer is there are choices. I agree that the e-mail could have been worded better but if you wanna compete in the IFC, it doesn't say that you can't, it just says that if you do your not eligible for the ICU. I don't see anything wrong with them writing the e-mail they basically just said, "make your choice", what's wrong with that?

It says that you cannot compete at another World or International Championship other then ICU or the USASF/IASF Worlds. So if a team from the US competes at the IFC event they cannot compete at Worlds or ICU. If a member of Team USA goes over with a team to the IFC competition they cannot compete with Team USA or a club team at Worlds. It also means that if Bangkok (or any other country) competes at the IFC event then they cannot compete at ICU or Worlds (many do both).

"It is therefore the policy of the USASF/IASF that no athlete, coach, judge, or official is permitted to participate in any way in any event that claims to be a World or International Championship, other than the ICU World Championships for National teams, or the USASF/IASF Worlds for All Star or Club teams.This stipulation applies to any regional international championship affiliated with an organization claiming to operate a World Championship, other than the ICU and USASF/IASF."

It is also very clear in saying that if anyone tries to do both that they will be disqualified. We will see next month which teams won't be at worlds/ICU this year.

It says that you cannot compete at another World or International Championship other then ICU or the USASF/IASF Worlds. So if a team from the US competes at the IFC event they cannot compete at Worlds or ICU. If a member of Team USA goes over with a team to the IFC competition they cannot compete with Team USA or a club team at Worlds. It also means that if Bangkok (or any other country) competes at the IFC event then they cannot compete at ICU or Worlds (many do both).

"It is therefore the policy of the USASF/IASF that no athlete, coach, judge, or official is permitted to participate in any way in any event that claims to be a World or International Championship, other than the ICU World Championships for National teams, or the USASF/IASF Worlds for All Star or Club teams.This stipulation applies to any regional international championship affiliated with an organization claiming to operate a World Championship, other than the ICU and USASF/IASF."
I was stating that I don't know what the IFC's stance is.

Okay, so I've just found out my friend is competing as Team UK all girl group stunt at IFC & is also competing as Team UK All Girl at ICU! Don't think they realise! Hoping her organization sorts it out!

Since Bangkok has competed at both in years past (according to what others have said) I would say that they allow teams to attend both.
It has been Rangsit University representing Thailand at previous IFC events I think. & after winning joint gold last year, & being a MAJOR crowd fave, I imagine that Bangkok would prefer ICU?

It has been Rangsit University representing Thailand at previous IFC events I think. & after winning joint gold last year, & being a MAJOR crowd fave, I imagine that Bangkok would prefer ICU?

I was just going by what someone else had said about Bangkok attending IFC. Bangkok seems to only attend worlds every other year (my guess is to put together their routine but of course that could be different this year) so it is almost like they either won't have to choose or they won't choose until next year.

I was just going by what someone else had said about Bangkok attending IFC. Bangkok seems to only attend worlds every other year (my guess is to put together their routine but of course that could be different this year) so it is almost like they either won't have to choose or they won't choose until next year.
Yes true. Although I imagine its the money issue too!

Okay, so I've just found out my friend is competing as Team UK all girl group stunt at IFC & is also competing as Team UK All Girl at ICU! Don't think they realise! Hoping her organization sorts it out!
Ive just read about this on the UK cheer forum. I noticed you said that team UK believe the new rule has to be signed by the members of icu before it can be actioned. Do any fierce boarders know about this? I have readthe email as it as this is the rules, deal with it but is it true it cant be put in place yet??? I don't want the UK disqualified etc etc id like our nation to be represented in the best way possible!
(i know scotland has its own ICU team but ... i have a whole other opinion on that lol)

Ive just read about this on the UK cheer forum. I noticed you said that team UK believe the new rule has to be signed by the members of icu before it can be actioned. Do any fierce boarders know about this? I have readthe email as it as this is the rules, deal with it but is it true it cant be put in place yet??? I don't want the UK disqualified etc etc id like our nation to be represented in the best way possible!
(i know scotland has its own ICU team but ... i have a whole other opinion on that lol)
Okay so basically this is just on the grapevine.
Team UK are sending an All Girl Stunt Group to IFC this coming weekend as well as sending a full cheer team to ICU in April. I have a friend that is part of both, and when I realised she was planning to do both, I sent her the link of the email explaining & telling her to check with UKCA(the organisation behind UKCA) everything is legit. So I think she checked/spoke to someone about it & they said that all countries of ICU have to sign to agree with it before it is put in place.
Now, this does seem reasonable, it makes sense that members have to agree to it, but on the other hand I feel the way it was put was more of a "be with us or against us" sort of letter. Either way, for my friend's sake, I hope it does need to be signed to be put in place otherwise she & lots more people will be wasting a lot of money!

Opps I just realized it say "International Championships" which means International All Levels, but do other countries participate in this? If not it seems pretty simple to switch the name.

I also wonder what happens if a coach has a Senior 5 team at worlds but also coaches a Youth 3 that wants to go to IAL.

Doesn't Varsity own the International All-Levels?

I found out today that Tiger Elite's owner/head coach Todd Becnel went to judge. Bill Seely was there as a spectator and informed Todd that he and his teams could not attend Worlds if he judged. He hopped on a plane back home instead of judging.

I found out today that Tiger Elite's owner/head coach Todd Becnel went to judge. Bill Seely was there as a spectator and informed Todd that he and his teams could not attend Worlds if he judged. He hopped on a plane back home instead of judging.

wow...So was Bill there to basically find out who attended so that they couldn't go to worlds? I don't see any other reason for him to be there.

Back