All-Star Who Got The Exclusive Worlds Email?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So these international teams that compete under the IFC (I think that was the name) are still not in the clear right or was the IFC just thinking of coming up with Worlds but hasn't yet? If they are indeed not in the clear how many International teams will no longer be at Worlds? I can see Bangkok opting to stick with IFC since their rules are not as restricting on their pyramids as the USASF.

So these international teams that compete under the IFC (I think that was the name) are still not in the clear right or was the IFC just thinking of coming up with Worlds but hasn't yet? If they are indeed not in the clear how many International teams will no longer be at Worlds? I can see Bangkok opting to stick with IFC since their rules are not as restricting on their pyramids as the USASF.

Actually the IFC came up with a Cheerleading World Championship before there was the USASF/IASF worlds or even the ICU worlds.... as far as I remember first IFC World Championship was already in 2001 (and then every two years)!

There actually was already an incident when the IFC worlds were in Germany in 09, when a Groupstunt did not compete because someone from the ICU threatened them that they were not allowed to compete in USASF /IASF worlds if they compete at IFC worlds (and they already had a bid for the next allstars-worlds).

Next IFC worlds will be held in November in Hongkong, so I guess they just wanted to bring this out right before to threaten the athletes, coaches and other people involved there enough to make the whole competition look like a joke...

If gym owners and coaches are SOOOO upset about Varsity... then:

1. Dont attend Varsity Events
2. Don't order Varsity Uniforms
3. Don't order Varsity practice wear.

I for one, am not typically happy with Varsity events or how things are ran - So I choose to go Jam Brands/Cheersport/IEP Competitions, Buy uniforms from GK, and practice wear from GK or Locally. Id hope people on here calling it a monopoly are also doing their part instead of complaining and supplying more money. I support the idea of Worlds and feel Varsity does TRY to make things awesome - but each to their own opinion!

Agreed. If you don't like it, then spend your money elsewhere. We have one UCA competition on our schedule this year, and it's the last little bit of Varsity we have left. I don't love the competition, but it's the closest one we go to and it's nice for our athletes to have their grandparents, friends, etc able to come to one competition a year. :)

Actually the IFC came up with a Cheerleading World Championship before there was the USASF/IASF worlds or even the ICU worlds.... as far as I remember first IFC World Championship was already in 2001 (and then every two years)!

There actually was already an incident when the IFC worlds were in Germany in 09, when a Groupstunt did not compete because someone from the ICU threatened them that they were not allowed to compete in USASF /IASF worlds if they compete at IFC worlds (and they already had a bid for the next allstars-worlds).

Next IFC worlds will be held in November in Hongkong, so I guess they just wanted to bring this out right before to threaten the athletes, coaches and other people involved there enough to make the whole competition look like a joke...

Hmmm it will be interesting to see which teams will go ahead and compete at the IFC and which will hold out an stick with the IASF. I have a feeling that if they really do stop International teams from going to both that there will be a loss of International teams in Orlando this April.

Do y'all remember The Majors thread? How people were discussing that Jam Brands was essentially trying/going to create "another" Worlds? So, this season, the fake Japan Worlds may have prompted the email, but I'd bet the decision wasn't made solely on that incident. It's not like the USASF has less info than we do, so they see Jam Brands coming, too.
And @FamousRudags , I think that's the point, that people are going to start choosing sides in the next few seasons - Varsity/non-Varsity programs. Ultimately, someone is going to come out on top, as I don't see how both sides of the same coin can both land up.

Do y'all remember The Majors thread? How people were discussing that Jam Brands was essentially trying/going to create "another" Worlds? So, this season, the fake Japan Worlds may have prompted the email, but I'd bet the decision wasn't made solely on that incident. It's not like the USASF has less info than we do, so they see Jam Brands coming, too.

Exactly. They may have posted on here that everything is good to go this season, but it is VERY hard to believe that they just randomly came up with this. If it was dicussed here that JamBrands was going to come up with their own "worlds" then you know those at the USASF know just as much if not more. They may not be trying to stop people from competeing at JamBrands competitions (US Finals) right now but that doesn't mean that it isn't a motive behind this e-mail. It seems that as soon as thy posted here people breathed a sigh of relief, but just because it is fine this season doesn't mean it will be ok next season. The post didn't clarify anything other then things for THIS season.

I think this verbiage in the policy is key "....This stipulation applies to any regional international championship affiliated with an organization claiming to operate a World Championship, other than the ICU and USASF/IASF."

As for the International All Levels Championship, it's operated by Varsity which is AFFILIATED with USASF, so I don't think that event would be impacted. As of right now, there is no other organization (other USASF/IASF) claiming to operate a "World Championship", correct? So, as of right now, why would any scheduled events for this season be impacted?

IF another company announced that they are planning to hold their own "World Championship", THEN I think it would start impacting other events.
I understand their are some international event producers claiming to operate a World Championship, I have a feeling this is more aimed at IEPs outside of the US where keeping things regulated is extremely difficult (hence the strict wording of the email).

Hmmm it will be interesting to see which teams will go ahead and compete at the IFC and which will hold out an stick with the IASF. I have a feeling that if they really do stop International teams from going to both that there will be a loss of International teams in Orlando this April.
Out of interest, what international teams compete at IFC? I saw Japan, Germany, Finland on the clips and someone has mentioned Bangkok? Which of these teams do compete at the USASF/IASF Cheerleading Worlds as well?

I understand their are some international event producers claiming to operate a World Championship, I have a feeling this is more aimed at IEPs outside of the US where keeping things regulated is extremely difficult (hence the strict wording of the email).
Bahaha it couldn't have been more vague!

Back