All-Star Who Got The Exclusive Worlds Email?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

..I was going to say- How do international teams feel about this? When Varsity was ripping up photos and writing in the burn book..erh, I mean, writing this email- did they consider the teams they're supposedly TRYING to unify? Why do THEY have to change because Varsity's having a pity party, table for 1? Many of the competitions overseas ARE international, strictly for the reason that the continent is small and it's how it has to be..
Exactly. Team Thailand/Bangkok for example. They don't have the required number of spotters because all the competitions in their country work under IFC rules, and OBV they like it that way, ICU's spotting rules for 3 layers truly limits their famous pyramid creativity! & I'm sure many other teams want to compete double back baskets & running doubles on dead floor. I know from experience that its v.hard to compete IFC rule set & then adapt it to ICU/USASF. Most will just stick to what their home country is doing.

I feel bad for USASF on this board you rip them to shreds if they do you rip them to shreds if they don't. I really think they are trying to keep being world champs being world champs. Just like the nationals problem and having a billion of them I see them trying to prevent that situtation from happening again.

Everyone makes out varsity this money hungry machine and you dont think Jam Brands isn't?

Change can be good or it can be bad...or neither. Can someone just pick a time frame for change for the current season, inform everyone of this time frame, honor the time frame EVERY SEASON, and any changes after the date apply to the FOLLOWING SEASON? Or am I, just an annoying cheer parent, missing something in some secret subsection of a secret cheer code.

Professionalism and consistency would be even more awesome than ambiguity, unnecessary drama, contradiction, word games and literal truth, k thanks.

Can someone add an option for a 36 count shimmy?

I feel bad for USASF on this board you rip them to shreds if they do you rip them to shreds if they don't. I really think they are trying to keep being world champs being world champs. Just like the nationals problem and having a billion of them I see them trying to prevent that situtation from happening again.

Everyone makes out varsity this money hungry machine and you dont think Jam Brands isn't?
If Varsity did not own the governing body of our sport then there wouldn't be a problem with anything. We need a governing body that does not compete in the sport. The IEP (a group of 25 or so Independant Event Producers) gives out 127 Worlds bids collectively and asked for a seat on the board of the USASF and was denied. These are the small competitions the majority of cheerleaders in our sport attend. The owners of these companies ARE listening to their customers b/c we are their bread and butter. I think they should be allowed a seat on the board of the USASF.

Y'all crack me up. How many times have there been complaints on here about "too many titles" "too many champions", "there needs to be one winner", etc.

Someone steps up to make that happen and now everyone is whining.

I'm pretty sure exclusivity and inclusiveness are diametrically opposed.

I agree. But they didn't attack the heart of all that (saying each company can only have one 'nationals') they made rules for the only two competitions they host / put on. I think that is peoples beef. It seems less interested in improving cheerleading and more about improving their standing.

And it was a sternly worded email coming... well.. in the middle of a season that seems reactionary. This email right after Worlds was competed would seem quite different, yes? when dealing with the public timing and image is everything... especially in a sport so concerned with uniforms and appearance.

Well, Mr. Chadwick was kind enough to sign the email and include his phone number and email address. Maybe all of you folks that are upset should give him a call or send an email with your feelings. While we all enjoy the FB and everything it offers, I believe communicating directly with the Chairman of the USASF would prove to be more effective than posting here. Maybe the masses can effect a change if Jim Chadwick is hearing from the folks that are actually in the trenches so to speak.

@socratesofcheer I dig it. If someone would like to call and write on here how it went down it would be most appreciated.

Currently, there is only one organization / event this rule is applicable for. This rule would only apply to the athletes, coaches, judges and officials who participate in the IFC World Championship, or an International Event associated with the IFC organization.

Currently, there is only one organization / event this rule is applicable for. This rule would only apply to the athletes, coaches, judges and officials who participate in the IFC World Championship, or an International Event associated with the IFC organization.

There are some IEP events that have international in their title. And they can obviously increase the word list and other events change their name. Would have been smarter to to restrict based on idea, not a word. So many synonyms or adjectives to call something that ends up competing with the ICU / Worlds event.

By way of the email "International All Levels Championship will either make coaches and judges ineligible, or they will need to change the name of the event. Since all-levels is being held at regular competitions this year, you may just be able to abstain from the virtual judging.
"It is therefore the policy of the USASF/IASF that no athlete, coach, judge, or official is permitted to participate in any way in any event that claims to be a World or International Championship, other than the ICU World Championships for National teams, or the USASF/IASF Worlds for All Star or Club teams.This stipulation applies to any regional international championship affiliated with an organization claiming to operate a World Championship, other than the ICU and USASF/IASF."

Being an angry parent because your child was so extremely excited to be a part of something cool like the Majors and then wondering about the possibility of having it ripped away because of lack of clarity, politics and drama and has nothing to do with money. Can't speak for others, but the kids I drove in my car the night they found out were ECSTATIC.

I am pretty confident that someone has enough money that an attorney could have been hired to write the email with more clarity. Or is it intentionally ambigous?

Back