OT Who Is Cheerlover88?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
he found my roommates and my little on instagram and I'm so baffled and scared. My account is on private and he is blocked, I really don't understand.
Nothing on the internet is private! If you put it out there anyone can find it, and you can never fully delete it. Easy way - this person has an alternate profile that is friends with you. More difficult ways could involve hacking and working around security features. The only way for someone not to find something out is to not post it.

he found my roommates and my little on instagram and I'm so baffled and scared. My account is on private and he is blocked, I really don't understand.

I don't follow you on social media and it didn't even take me 5 min to find your rommies either... you tweeted a picture that links to your instagram account where all of them commented. You blocked him, but he simply could have signed out (or used another sign in) to see that picture, then open the instagram accounts of your roomies, sign back in again and follow them.

this was a lovely lesson on how little you think you share on social media vs what a stranger can find within seconds. either way, i am concerned that almost two years after being kicked off the boards, he is still extremely active in trying to find every member of the boards on social media, as well as every familial/friend/roommate link to them that he can find. he has obviously not moved on and his obsession has only been growing for all this time, which worries me.

if you're not logged in to the boards, you can still read without an account so even though he is banned, i am sure this is still happening. therefore he knows where a lot of you live/what gyms you cheer at/what colleges you go to/what sorority you're in... i'd like to believe he's just a troll but please be careful, everyone, and use caution with all posts on the internet!

Even if you block someone on Instagram they can still see your stuff even without logging out. They are only blocked when going to your page a conventional way like clicking on your name.

So if Jaylen blocks someone on Instagram and they try to go to her page it won't show them any posts but if this person knows that she always #StarsVipers then they can search the stars vipers hashtag and still see the photos she hash tagged even when they click on it the pic it will even show it as its on her page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you block someone on Instagram they can still see your stuff even without logging out. They are only blocked when going to your page a conventional way like clicking on your name.

So if Jaylen blocks someone on Instagram and they try to go to her page it won't show them any posts but if this person knows that she always #StarsVipers then they can search the stars vipers hashtag and still see the photos she hash tagged even when they click on it the pic it will even show it as its on her page.

My account is private though

Right I'm just letting everyone know in general about blocking

But like the person said above you tweeted a pic, and even if your page is private if someone shares their instagram post to facebook or Twitter that link also isn't private.

I solely mentioned it to let people know there is ways around blocks! Sorry he found your roommates

Unfortunately there are ways around someone having a private account. Having a private account doesn't always stop someone from being able to see your profile, pics, etc. Like someone else said above, it doesn't take long at all (like less than 5 minutes) to find stuff about someone on the internet, anything you put out there can and will be found by someone who is looking for it, private account or not. I really hate seeing some younger people (definitely not just you, or on here) think a private account will protect them, because it doesn't, and you really have to be careful on social media.

so i just randomly ended up on cheerlover88's instagram because he liked a photo of someone i knew... and i noticed he has a picture of cheer athletics' gym and says he took the picture and tried to go in, but the gym was closed when he got there. i hope that's a lie (especially because it looks like a picture i've seen of CA from other sources), but if this is true it's TERRIFYING. he is no longer being an internet creep, he actually arrived at a gym and just wanted to hang out there. what's next, kidnapping a child from CA? stealing shoes from the lobby? i am so beyond freaked out by this. (photo from september, for reference.) saw him fighting with @cheerKT (i think that's your username on insta?) on the picture so others have seen it, but i haven't seen it mentioned on the boards.

so just a warning. parents - if you notice a man who clearly doesn't have a child cheering in your gym alert someone. also @BlueCat there may be an older man with a cheer-shoe fetish lurking around your gym...

so i just randomly ended up on cheerlover88's instagram because he liked a photo of someone i knew... and i noticed he has a picture of cheer athletics' gym and says he took the picture and tried to go in, but the gym was closed when he got there. i hope that's a lie (especially because it looks like a picture i've seen of CA from other sources), but if this is true it's TERRIFYING. he is no longer being an internet creep, he actually arrived at a gym and just wanted to hang out there. what's next, kidnapping a child from CA? stealing shoes from the lobby? i am so beyond freaked out by this. (photo from september, for reference.) saw him fighting with @cheerKT (i think that's your username on insta?) on the picture so others have seen it, but i haven't seen it mentioned on the boards.

so just a warning. parents - if you notice a man who clearly doesn't have a child cheering in your gym alert someone. also @BlueCat there may be an older man with a cheer-shoe fetish lurking around your gym...
Ok THANK YOU for bringing this up! I honestly have no idea where that post came from. Like I've said before, he follows me on instagram and I don't care since my profile is public. I believe I've only interacted with him once, when he was in my town for some event and he asked a couple questions. So as I was heading to a football game on a Saturday morning a couple weeks ago, I got a notification that he had tagged me in some diatribe on a picture of a Cheer Athletics gym. He basically said I shouldn't listen to people on the boards that don't know him and "hold grudges" and the best place to get info was "from the source", meaning him. And that "yes, I did take this picture". I'm not sure where any of that came from, as I've never had any problems with him. And I certainly didn't challenge him in if he took that picture or not? You'll see I never even commented, liked (or even saw) that picture so his comment to me on there is pretty random.

My only guess was it was his response to my post on another thread where he came up in conversation. I said nothing negative at all, just that he follows me as well and I don't engage him in conversation and don't follow him back.

He also commented on a picture of one of my friends from school (a WCSS alum) and I at Cheersport this past year, saying that he was there as well and saw us taking that picture. He said he was hanging out with World Cup moms. So yeah. Guess he comes to competitions too.

Last edited:
Ok THANK YOU for bringing this up! I honestly have no idea where that post came from. Like I've said before, he follows me on instagram and I don't care since my profile is public. I believe I've only interacted with him once, when he was in my town for some event and he asked a couple questions. So as I was heading to a football game on a Saturday morning a couple weeks ago, I got a notification that he had tagged me in some diatribe on a picture of a Cheer Athletics gym. He basically said I shouldn't listen to people on the boards that don't know him and "hold grudges" and the best place to get info was "from the source", meaning him. And that "yes, I did take this picture". I'm not sure where any of that came from, as I've never had any problems with him. And I certainly didn't challenge him in if he took that picture or not? You'll see I never even commented, liked (or even saw) that picture so his comment to me on there is pretty random.

My only guess was it was his response to my post on another thread where he came up in conversation. I said nothing negative at all, just that he follows me as well and I don't engage him in conversation and don't follow him back.

He also commented on a picture of one of my friends from school (a WCSS alum) and I at Cheersport this past year, saying that he was there as well and saw us taking that picture. He said he was hanging out with World Cup moms. So yeah. Guess he comes to competitions too.

okay! i was a bit confused, i thought maybe a comment was deleted or something because the paragraph to you just came out of left field (he also mentions SOUZA who i am guessing is @alexamarysouza in the comment?) i still can't tell if he is the world's most dedicated internet troll or if he is serious and attending competitions and visiting gyms. can the fierce board FBI get a photo of him to circulate or something? i am alarmed that he is seemingly flying places to look at cheerleaders' feet. people need to know who he is the alert competition security or something (if this is all real)

okay! i was a bit confused, i thought maybe a comment was deleted or something because the paragraph to you just came out of left field (he also mentions SOUZA who i am guessing is @alexamarysouza in the comment?) i still can't tell if he is the world's most dedicated internet troll or if he is serious and attending competitions and visiting gyms. can the fierce board FBI get a photo of him to circulate or something? i am alarmed that he is seemingly flying places to look at cheerleaders' feet. people need to know who he is the alert competition security or something (if this is all real)
The pics from I think cheersport? Looked like he actually knows a shooting star's mom and was interacting with them on IG too.... SO creepy.

Back