All-Star Why Do Parents Allow Kids Not To Show Up!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

crazycheermom

Cheer Parent
Jan 19, 2011
We competed today, approx 4 hours from home. Some families traveled up today; some last night. While in warmups, we figured out we were missing a team member. After numerous attempts to call, text, etc. we got word that SHE WASN'T COMING. Remember, our girls are already IN warmups.
To make matters 100 times worse, the routine had been reworked in the LAST 2 PRACTICES to specifically include this girl. (She was having difficulty on a more advanced team and was brought down to our team .. 4 down to 3) Evidently mom got mad about Susie not being front and center AFTER 2 PRACTICES. By reworked, I mean, NEW stunt group added and existing stunt groups switched around. So now, with less than 1 hour until time to compete, our team had to rework the routine AGAIN.
Uh, thanks. Girls for the most part did good, but we had WAY too many timing issues and didn't win.
I cannot imagine why a parent would do that. She did not hurt her kid or even the coach. She hurt the rest of the girls and the parents who spent the money to travel and compete.
THANKS a TON. You just taught your daughter a valuable life lesson. Mess over others when things aren't going your way.
Unless it was an issue of cp safety/welfare, etc, there is NO excuse for doing that to the rest of the team.

THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT ... :banghead:

We competed today, approx 4 hours from home. Some families traveled up today; some last night. While in warmups, we figured out we were missing a team member. After numerous attempts to call, text, etc. we got word that SHE WASN'T COMING. Remember, our girls are already IN warmups.
To make matters 100 times worse, the routine had been reworked in the LAST 2 PRACTICES to specifically include this girl. (She was having difficulty on a more advanced team and was brought down to our team .. 4 down to 3) Evidently mom got mad about Susie not being front and center AFTER 2 PRACTICES. By reworked, I mean, NEW stunt group added and existing stunt groups switched around. So now, with less than 1 hour until time to compete, our team had to rework the routine AGAIN.
Uh, thanks. Girls for the most part did good, but we had WAY too many timing issues and didn't win.
I cannot imagine why a parent would do that. She did not hurt her kid or even the coach. She hurt the rest of the girls and the parents who spent the money to travel and compete.
THANKS a TON. You just taught your daughter a valuable life lesson. Mess over others when things aren't going your way.
Unless it was an issue of cp safety/welfare, etc, there is NO excuse for doing that to the rest of the team.

she better get pulled....thats all i can say.

I am sure she won't come back. Which, I feel bad for kid. I mean, she can't drive; didn't make the decision. I am sure mom and coach had words and it just escalated, but in no world is that okay to do. Oh, didn't mention.. SHE'S A FLYER...

WOW!!! I hope she is removed from the gym. It is so sad when 1 person hurts a whole team!!!

I am sure she won't come back. Which, I feel bad for kid. I mean, she can't drive; didn't make the decision. I am sure mom and coach had words and it just escalated, but in no world is that okay to do. Oh, didn't mention.. SHE'S A FLYER...
yeah! listen to this...well kinda sorta the same situation, but we didnt have a alternative routine to fall back onto...AT NATIONALS...NATIONALS, some girl quit in warm up and refused to stunt. we were still in first day 1. we re-worked the routine and had practice the night of day 1and brought up a flyer from a lower level and she did amazing, we ended up winning!

You tell 'em, crazy cheer mom! Hahaha. That seems really frustrating yet sad at the same time. Props to y'all for pulling it together. I know how scary it is competing with big changes, but I can't even imagine having to change stuff the day of. :eek:

this thread also gets me onto the topic: why do the parents care SO much about their kids sports..well they should care, but placement wise! only ONE person can be front and center. everyone is seen. everyone is needed on a team, witthout a base, the flyer cant go up. with out a person there for jumps or dance, theres a hole! does it really matter exactly where you are on the floor?! i mean you are needed on the team. the parents flip out, i mean its crazy for you to actually get mad at a coach because your kids not front and center, i think its ridiculous. and sometimes if your stunt is in the back corner, you cant run all the way up front and center, it also depends on where you are before/after.

for this situtation: wait she came DOWN? it was her fault, she shouldnt be rewarded with front and center when she got bumped off her advanced team....

No, I LOVE it when another parents says to you.. Little Bobby isn't playing baseball because he GOT STUCK in the OUTFIELD...uh.. HELLO.. my kid is actually the fastest on the team AND PLAYS OUTFIELD.... so did you just say my kid sucks because he plays outfield...or in cheer terms... SUSIE WAS IN THE BACK.... H-E-L-L-O... MY KID IS IN THE BACK... maybe it's because she is 4 feet taller than the other girls...MAYBE it's because she is a BACKSPOT and therefore NEEDS to be IN THE BACK! Maybe...wait..maybe...she isn't the BEST ONE.. who cares.... MAYBE the coach was TRYING to be nice and created a whole spot for your daughter because she is NICE and your cp is perfectly capable of doing a 3 team but was overwhelmed with a 4 team.. and this is how you repay her.... Little Susie probably would have been IN FRONT if you would have given the coach MORE THAN 2 practices to get her in there....
M-O-R-O-N-S....
Whew.... I feel better..... lol.. I was already stressed before we got there because we had to detour on a 2 lane off interstate because Farmer John's COWS were loose on the interstate... super... so, honestly, we were afraid this mom had been in accident.. there were 2 reported cow vs. car accidents... For those of us in deer country.. I get how you hit a deer, they are fast and nimble... but a COW... it's not like are gonna come bounding across the interstate in front of you :)
That's all for now... venting done!
Merry Christmas!

No, I LOVE it when another parents says to you.. Little Bobby isn't playing baseball because he GOT STUCK in the OUTFIELD...uh.. HELLO.. my kid is actually the fastest on the team AND PLAYS OUTFIELD.... so did you just say my kid sucks because he plays outfield...or in cheer terms... SUSIE WAS IN THE BACK.... H-E-L-L-O... MY KID IS IN THE BACK... maybe it's because she is 4 feet taller than the other girls...MAYBE it's because she is a BACKSPOT and therefore NEEDS to be IN THE BACK! Maybe...wait..maybe...she isn't the BEST ONE.. who cares.... MAYBE the coach was TRYING to be nice and created a whole spot for your daughter because she is NICE and your cp is perfectly capable of doing a 3 team but was overwhelmed with a 4 team.. and this is how you repay her.... Little Susie probably would have been IN FRONT if you would have given the coach MORE THAN 2 practices to get her in there....
M-O-R-O-N-S....
Whew.... I feel better..... lol.. I was already stressed before we got there because we had to detour on a 2 lane off interstate because Farmer John's COWS were loose on the interstate... super... so, honestly, we were afraid this mom had been in accident.. there were 2 reported cow vs. car accidents... For those of us in deer country.. I get how you hit a deer, they are fast and nimble... but a COW... it's not like are gonna come bounding across the interstate in front of you :)
Merry Christmas!
why cant you let your kid have fun without the parents freaking about their spot...smh

M-O-R-O-N-S....
Merry Christmas!

Ugh! So irritating!! CP got pulled as a flyer last week from the first stunt of the routine because she just couldn't hit. They tried someone on our team who hasn't even practiced flying this year and she hit beautifully. CP cried of course, but you know what? In this circumstance it was what was best for the TEAM (and actually CP as well). The flyer that took CP's spot was so excited! I think it's a great thing to rotate girls in these positions and I think it was a great lesson for CP. She still gets her chance to fly later in the routine, but now someone else gets a chance and looks great in the air! I just don't understand why some parents don't get it. It's a TEAM sport. If they (or Susie) don't want to share the experience try a different sport...

Glad you made it and you didn't end up with ground beef on your windshield. ;)

Last season, a girl's mom on my team got in a huge fight with our gym owner a few days before a competition. It was our second to last competition and the girls mom thought it would be okay if she had her not show up to the competition, automatically making her be forced to quit. Like, I understand you're not happy with the gym, but it wasn't necessary to have her daughter not show up because you're angry. It hurts the athletes, the coaches, and the parents. To make matters worse, the mom didn't even tell them she wouldn't be there. Talk about rude!!! We hardly had time to get a sub... :mad:

that's awful. I know how you feel!
The first year of the All-Levels competition in Atlanta at the World Congress Center, my team was the last team on Friday night, and we were on the second to last warmup mat and we realized our POINT FLYER, who was also our point jumper and a front row dancer, wasn't there! Neither was her brother or sister that were on older teams! They wouldn't answer phones or anything! We never heard from them! Not for the WHOLE weekend!
and this isn't relevant, but when we got onto the last warmup mat, people started swarming into the warmup room, and we were THEN informed that there were like 7 tornadoes on GROUND in Atlanta...the WC Center is all glass...
:p

One year at the last comp of the season, we had a family not show up, that made 4 girls on 2 teams, 3 on jr.s and 2 on sr.s 1 double teamed. I was supposed to bring the 2 older girls with me but when I called to pick them up they said they had already left. But they never showed. It was a theme park comp, we went on last. They show up to the theme park rite after awards, and stayed to play at the theme park. This is the worst possible thing for someone to do. Not showing up, and ignoring phone calls, horrible

I hate that. We were at a competition at nationals last year, and we had to rework TWO routines because a set of sisters didn't want to show up because they had to borrow someone elses' uniform just for that comp. They showed up right as we went on, and everyone was PISSED. They quit though. :)

Back