All-Star Workout Team Groups

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Updating: We are still doing workout groups. Some girls have been moved. We still have too many girls. So, more will be moved. I love our gym, our Coach, and our team. I can't say enough good things about our new gym, but watching girls be moved is making me a nervous wreck!!!! I am so ready for the team to be formed. Any advice for hanging in there through this process? It feels like everyday is a try out day. Don't like the stress!!!!

Updating: We are still doing workout groups. Some girls have been moved. We still have too many girls. So, more will be moved. I love our gym, our Coach, and our team. I can't say enough good things about our new gym, but watching girls be moved is making me a nervous wreck!!!! I am so ready for the team to be formed. Any advice for hanging in there through this process? It feels like everyday is a try out day. Don't like the stress!!!!

aw hang in there! do your kids feel stressed or on edge about it? sometimes momma's worry more than the kids do!

I have been stressed out the whole time. They were not stressed out until recently when they saw one of their sweet new friends get moved. They also saw her cry and get upset when she found out she was being moved. Since then they have also been stressed out.

So, our gym has 5 locations. We got an e mail last night, the last paragraph said teams have been made. I got very, very over the moon excited. Just to double check, I e mailed the Coach who run our location and asked if the last paragraph also applied to our location. He replied one word "No". I am weak. I am so ready for this process to be over. I really feel it is taking way too long. It is also taking a toll on my 2 CP's. :( I love our gym. It is a great gym with many strengths, but strongly dislike how this workout process is going.

Last season was the first time my daughter's gym did teams this way and it was extremely stressful for all. This year, after experiencing it previously, it seems like a good idea and I don't think my child is stressed at all (I'm not, for sure!). We know exactly the date coaches will form teams, though, so it helps.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I know our gym owners and staff know what they are doing. They produce great strong teams. With that said workout groups were formed in March and our location is still going. That seems soooooooo long to me. It sounds like ours will finish July 20th just in time for choreography camp.

Not in March. Lol. May? Whenever teams got back from The Summit, I think.

Eta: actually a couple weeks after that. We don't even know what teams they'll have at this point.

The season here ended after NCA. With the groups working out together for so long the girls get attached and bonded.

Our gym did workout groups last year and it was NOT pleasant. A whole lot of parents complaining and jockeying yo get their CPs moved, and a moth of uncertainty about what teams would even exist. I honestly think it did more harm than good, and we lost some kids who were not willing yo wait and see if there would be an appropriate team for them. Another local gym is dragging out vastly over rostered workout groups all summer before revealing what teams the kids will actually be on. Honestly, I think that if it drags on for more than a month it is a way to get people financially committed enough that they will stay regardless of placement because it will cost too much to move to a new gym and catch up with paying them.

I understand why a gym would do this, but that would make me feel as though my family is being held hostage all summer. I believe a little stress is good for a kid, it helps them learn how to prioritize and figure out what is important to them. Prolonged stress over cheer, however, just feels unnecessary to me. I'm not one to deal with the indecisive well, $&*# or get off the pot, as Grammy used to say. Anyhow, more power to the families this works for, but I would be moving on.

I truly believe intentions of the gym are 100% good and positive, but it is still miserable.

Back