All-Star Workout Team Groups

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I truly believe intentions of the gym are 100% good and positive, but it is still miserable.

What is your Plan B if your CP's get split up? Or are put onto a team that you can't commute for?

That would be my biggest concern this late in the game---if they're move to something that is impossible for your family to work around, is there even an option of a Plan B to keep them cheering?

A month, I can understand...this long? Not so much.

What is your Plan B if your CP's get split up? Or are put onto a team that you can't commute for?

That would be my biggest concern this late in the game---if they're move to something that is impossible for your family to work around, is there even an option of a Plan B to keep them cheering?

A month, I can understand...this long? Not so much.

Unfortunately, if both of my CP's do not make this team they will take a year off from comp. cheer. :( It will be heart breaking, but I will have to remember that everything happens for a reason. I will keep them in a tumble, jump, and stunting classes. Then next cheer season would revaluate and look at all of our options. Possibly look at other cheer gyms, that may not win as much, but do not have this grueling long team workout group process. All the girls in the workout group have strong level 4 skills. So, I honestly have no idea who will be moved.

So, our gym has 5 locations. We got an e mail last night, the last paragraph said teams have been made. I got very, very over the moon excited. Just to double check, I e mailed the Coach who run our location and asked if the last paragraph also applied to our location. He replied one word "No". I am weak. I am so ready for this process to be over. I really feel it is taking way too long. It is also taking a toll on my 2 CP's. :( I love our gym. It is a great gym with many strengths, but strongly dislike how this workout process is going.

Sorry!! I know it stinks!

Mommy to 2 kiddos! One CP and one undecided sports fan :)

The Fierce Board App!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, if both of my CP's do not make this team they will take a year off from comp. cheer. :( It will be heart breaking, but I will have to remember that everything happens for a reason. I will keep them in a tumble, jump, and stunting classes. Then next cheer season would revaluate and look at all of our options. Possibly look at other cheer gyms, that may not win as much, but do not have this grueling long team workout group process. All the girls in the workout group have strong level 4 skills. So, I honestly have no idea who will be moved.

That makes me super sad :( I hope you get answers soon. I can not imagine busting my butt all summer long to be hung out to dry at decision time.

I'm sure the coach will keep both of your CP's on the same team. You told the gym that they need to stay on the same team because it takes you a while to get to the gym, plus senior teams normally are the only teams that practice until 9 or later. If they get moved, it will probably be to another senior team. Whether it's a different level, large 4 instead of small 4, or coed 4 instead of all girl 4, if the coaches want to know you will always there on time, they should be smart and put your CP's on a team that practices later in the afternoon. It wouldn't be beneficial to the team if the coach made your practices so early that you couldn't always get there on time. Just make sure the gym knows the earliest you could get there on a normal week day! Good luck!

I'm sure the coach will keep both of your CP's on the same team. You told the gym that they need to stay on the same team because it takes you a while to get to the gym, plus senior teams normally are the only teams that practice until 9 or later. If they get moved, it will probably be to another senior team. Whether it's a different level, large 4 instead of small 4, or coed 4 instead of all girl 4, if the coaches want to know you will always there on time, they should be smart and put your CP's on a team that practices later in the afternoon. It wouldn't be beneficial to the team if the coach made your practices so early that you couldn't always get there on time. Just make sure the gym knows the earliest you could get there on a normal week day! Good luck!

Thanks, the main location is huge and has many teams, but it is farther and would take us much longer due to traffic in that area. We are at the smallest location. We only have a youth 1, junior 2, junior 3, and senior 4 at our location. I have looked at the different options. For many reasons, if they do not stay on their current workout group they will take a year off. For now we just have to wait and see what happens. I wanted to add the Coaches at our gym are amazing. They are tough and challenging, but positive, encouraging. I have seen both of my CP's grow since we have been there.

Last edited:
Thanks, the main location is huge and has many teams, but it is farther and would take us much longer due to traffic in that area. We are at the smallest location. We only have a youth 1, junior 2, junior 3, and senior 4 at our location. I have looked at the different options. For many reasons, if they do not stay on their current workout group they will take a year off. For now we just have to wait and see what happens. I wanted to add the Coaches at our gym are amazing. They are tough and challenging, but positive, encouraging. I have seen both of my CP's grow since we have been there.
As a coach I understand the necessity of work out groups and I'm sure that your coaches are amazing and just want the best for the teams but if this were me I'd be pissed... If for some reason your girls do not get placed on the same team are there any other gyms in your are who take late individual tryouts? I know my gym will be doing another smaller tryout day in August and I pretty much will take individual tryouts until that day as well. It really bothers me when girls have to take the season off because of things like this...

I hope it's resolved soon :) good luck!

Staff heard about how worried and stressed I was. They talked with me and really explained the process. I found out they talk with you before your child is moved, let you know what skills and areas your CP needs to improve on to stay on the team. If your CP is moved it is something you specifically know ahead of time might happen. I feel a lot better after talking with them. It was probably explained during regular tryouts. We did a drop in private try out during their busy hours while finishing up the season with our previous gym. After speaking with them I am feeling much more at ease! :) I will post back when the team is official!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last edited:
Back