All-Star Worlds 2014: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

not that it should be disney's responsibility... but i do not understand why they don't crack down on it? especially if their security/police are present and supervising that nothing gets out of control. if they're blatantly drinking in public, ask for ID. if they're really 21 no big deal. if they aren't, give them an underage drinking ticket or put them in like disney jail until a parent or adult chaperone they are with comes and gets them (and parents notified.) i think we'd see change happen real quick if there were real consequences. otherwise, it will continue until tragedy strikes, and i don't want to see that happen.

my high school team one year was all about being drunk and doing drugs. since it was school sponsored, our baggage had to be dropped off at school and the coaches/principals went through it and then sealed it with a zip tie until we got to the airport (and we left from school together, so no one was going home and adding stuff and buying a new zip tie.) but yet a whole lot of drugs and alcohol still got to disney. i won't share the crazy ways how, since i'll probably give some crazy kids ideas, but it was EXTREME. there was also a separate group of parents who purchased their kids a case of beer once down there. they were caught and allowed to compete, but suspended when we returned to school and not allowed to walk at graduation. the entire program is no longer allowed to leave the state. see, real consequences make change happen.
That really pisses me off, people have a bad enough image of cheerleading already, and a few idiots have to keep ruining it.

The supernice PCM woman who approached us when we were walking along the football field telling us she was born in Germany and asking us when we'll be on was definitly a nice moment

The almost empty Jostens at the beginning of IAG6 was sad to see...the athletes performed in front of a dead crowd , i felt very sorry for them

The supernice PCM woman who approached us when we were walking along the football field telling us she was born in Germany and asking us when we'll be on was definitly a nice moment

The almost empty Jostens at the beginning of IAG6 was sad to see...the athletes performed in front of a dead crowd , i felt very sorry for them

Yes about Jostens. But we also train for that. We throw a double full toss in Canada and the crowd goes crazy. At Worlds, the crowd is like "meh, whatever". We spent a lot of practice time mentally preparing for no crowd response as that's what we've experienced in previous years. Or maybe we just can't hear anyone. :)

Yes about Jostens. But we also train for that. We throw a double full toss in Canada and the crowd goes crazy. At Worlds, the crowd is like "meh, whatever". We spent a lot of practice time mentally preparing for no crowd response as that's what we've experienced in previous years. Or maybe we just can't hear anyone. :)

Well we were certainly cheering all of you on from the first row :) I think no matter if you have seen the stuff before, every athlete on the Worlds stage deserves to get applause. No matter if you are on a high profile Team ,have your own webshow and clothing line or not.

The coverage on the live stream for the Summit is so cool. Not sure if they would consider doing this for Worlds since there's no way to charge for it but I would love it if they did.

I really didn't get why there were 2 finals in Josten's still... I guess maybe to control crowd? There were 1.5-2 hour breaks between sessions in the Milkhouse, I'm sure there would have been time to fit IO5 and medium coed in the Milkhouse. (This is mostly out of bitterness that more people didn't get to see how incredibly amazing the top 4 IO5 did in finals)

I ran into a not nice 'cheerlebrity' mom and I'm thankful she had a drink before the night was over... and I got props on twitter from my favorite cheer dad :shark:

Sunday was rough for the level 6 in Josten's. Saturday was MUCH better. Fortunately, we had 3 teams from our gym there and lots of parents (and we had to change the routine the night before to replace an injury) so we had lots of support. I didn't notice until after we competed that no one was there. But I do remember being backstage and sad that no one was cheering for the international teams, I just didn't realize it was because no one was there.

I still think that Prelims for Small Senior and Small Coed should be in the Josten's and not US Trials for the IO Divisions. At one point Saturday afternoon, as the Full Paid IOC5 teams were competing, Josten's was at capacity and I couldn't get back inside. I thought I was going to miss my awards. Maybe it's not a very nice thing to say, but realistically, the only people that care about the prelims teams are their parents.

Sunday was rough for the level 6 in Josten's. Saturday was MUCH better. Fortunately, we had 3 teams from our gym there and lots of parents (and we had to change the routine the night before to replace an injury) so we had lots of support. I didn't notice until after we competed that no one was there. But I do remember being backstage and sad that no one was cheering for the international teams, I just didn't realize it was because no one was there.

I still think that Prelims for Small Senior and Small Coed should be in the Josten's and not US Trials for the IO Divisions. At one point Saturday afternoon, as the Full Paid IOC5 teams were competing, Josten's was at capacity and I couldn't get back inside. I thought I was going to miss my awards. Maybe it's not a very nice thing to say, but realistically, the only people that care about the prelims teams are their parents.

It got better Sunday as the competition went on, but the first Teams to go on must have felt as if they were at practice in an empty gym. I wish people would just clap and cheer for everyone but i guess that is just a problem you find at every competition.

Back