All-Star Worlds 2014: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I do appreciate the effort to control the overcrowding in the Milkhouse, but the absurdity of having people standing in the sun while there are empty seats inside is nuts. If they could just figure out how to have assigned seats then people wouldn't have the need to arrive hours before their Session.
Seems to me there is a simple solution to the Milk House overcrowding issue. Disney already had staff positioned at every exit door in the building. The simple solution is GIVE THE STAFF COUNTER/CLICKERS. Have them report the number of people exiting every 10 minutes and allow in that many new people into the arena. If they had electronic clickers that talked to a central system, this could be done very easily. The staff at the doors would know exactly how many people had left and exactly how many more they could let in. There were several times in the Field House this year where it was NOT full by any means and yet they weren't letting people in. Obviously people had come in to watch just one team and then left. Thus they could have let more people in if they had known those people had left.

Seems rather simple to me. No need for assigned seating, just keep track of the venue capacity, the number of people who have entered, minus the number of people who have exited, and then allow more in accordingly. In mathematical terms I think it looks something like this... A(Capacity) - B(# of entries) - C(# of exits) = D(# of new people to let in).

Seems to me there is a simple solution to the Milk House overcrowding issue. Disney already had staff positioned at every exit door in the building. The simple solution is GIVE THE STAFF COUNTER/CLICKERS. Have them report the number of people exiting every 10 minutes and allow in that many new people into the arena. If they had electronic clickers that talked to a central system, this could be done very easily. The staff at the doors would know exactly how many people had left and exactly how many more they could let in. There were several times in the Field House this year where it was NOT full by any means and yet they weren't letting people in. Obviously people had come in to watch just one team and then left. Thus they could have let more people in if they had known those people had left.

Seems rather simple to me. No need for assigned seating, just keep track of the venue capacity, the number of people who have entered, minus the number of people who have exited, and then allow more in accordingly. In mathematical terms I think it looks something like this... A(Capacity) - B(# of entries) - C(# of exits) = D(# of new people to let in).

That doesn't help the people who paid money to be able to get into the venue and are locked out. We need to stop letting USASF and Disney profit on a service they can not deliver on. You wouldn't expect to buy a concert ticket from Ticketmaster and be told when you get there "sorry you can't get in, but go sit in the 95 degree heat or pouring rain and watch from this big jumbotron".

That doesn't help the people who paid money to be able to get into the venue and are locked out. We need to stop letting USASF and Disney profit on a service they can not deliver on. You wouldn't expect to buy a concert ticket from Ticketmaster and be told when you get there "sorry you can't get in, but go sit in the 95 degree heat or pouring rain and watch from this big jumbotron".
YES THIS EXACTLY

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I agree 110% with this. However, it is clear that there are contracts in place. As such, it's not going to change anytime soon. Thus, best to make the best of the situation while this is still the venue. Like I said, there were several times I was in the Field House on Sunday when they were not letting new people in and the Field House was only half full because a lot of people had left but they weren't letting more people in. If they at least kept count, I think the only major stops at the door would be when the super popular teams took the stage. Until the contract with Mickey is up, no sense in complaining about a new venue. USASF is not likely to break their contract, especially with a monster the size of Disney/ABC/ESPN/50 other companies under that umbrella.

I agree 110% with this. However, it is clear that there are contracts in place. As such, it's not going to change anytime soon. Thus, best to make the best of the situation while this is still the venue. Like I said, there were several times I was in the Field House on Sunday when they were not letting new people in and the Field House was only half full because a lot of people had left but they weren't letting more people in. If they at least kept count, I think the only major stops at the door would be when the super popular teams took the stage. Until the contract with Mickey is up, no sense in complaining about a new venue. USASF is not likely to break their contract, especially with a monster the size of Disney/ABC/ESPN/50 other companies under that umbrella.
I do not understand why a venue that has repeatedly been shown to be inadequate in size would hold an event to a multi-year contract against their will. That makes me believe that USASF is not still at ESPN against their will.

I have made this suggestion in other threads. If USASF is truly stuck with the venue then require the at large athletes to purchse admission tickets to get into the venues if they do not advance. If you advance you have to go get a new pass to allow you to get in. The technology is there to make it work. I hate that anyone is discriminated against but I didn't get to see my CPs' division because the field house was at capacity and I feel the relatives of competing athletes should have priority to the sessions their athletes are competing in.

I do not understand why a venue that has repeatedly been shown to be inadequate in size would hold an event to a multi-year contract against their will. That makes me believe that USASF is not still at ESPN against their will.

For some reason, the USASF believes the venue is great. The contract was through 2014, but the last I heard it was now through 2016 - so at some point they decided to renew it. I believe (but have no first-hand knowledge) that there is some tie-in to the Varsity contract with ESPN.

For some reason, the USASF believes the venue is great. The contract was through 2014, but the last I heard it was now through 2016 - so at some point they decided to renew it. I believe (but have no first-hand knowledge) that there is some tie-in to the Varsity contract with ESPN.
This pisses me off to no end.... glad USASF continues to insist they and Varsity are not in bed together....

Last edited:
I have made this suggestion in other threads. If USASF is truly stuck with the venue then require the at large athletes to purchse admission tickets to get into the venues if they do not advance. If you advance you have to go get a new pass to allow you to get in. The technology is there to make it work. I hate that anyone is discriminated against but I didn't get to see my CPs' division because the field house was at capacity and I feel the relatives of competing athletes should have priority to the sessions their athletes are competing in.

There is no perfect way for tickets to be given. If tickets need to be reissued when teams move on then they would have to issue tickets all day after division placements r given out. How many would each athlete get? If athletes family did not go then can they be passed onto to someone else? If two athletes from one family compete then do they get more? It really sucks that parents of athletes do not Get in! But what would be the perfect solution? Don't think there is one when the venue does not accommodate the numbers.

A little late to the party here but thought I'd share some of my feelings:

Good: being a first year worlds spectator I had the best time of my life a weekend I will never forget. One of my favorite parts would be going to the senior elite practice, got to meet some nice moms and the girls were so sweet

Good- LOVED the outside venue hearing the crowd and such was sick

Good- Lady jags was one of the major highlights for me from the entire weekend

Good- love how the comp is streamed to the room

Bad- BUSSES!!! On Saturday I asked the bus director (for the package busses) what time the busses would run on Sunday and she told me 630... Got to the bus station at 6 and she told me the bus wouldn't leave until 715.. Same thing happened on Monday. Get you facts straight lady!! And when I tried to explain to her what she had said the day before she did nothing but deny it.. Like I know it was you....

Bad- the technical difficulties... My sister almost killed me because she wanted to be with her friends and I forced her to sit there through it all... Oops sorry

I like the idea of having the outdoor arena, but if that becomes the norm what will happen when it rains, or is 100 degrees. We're lucky that it didn't rain this year but i'm thinking "what if?"

Back